Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Name One UC Player.....
Bookmark and Share
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Name One UC Player.....
NOT NAMED Kenyon Martin or Danny Fortson since 1989 that if you could put on this year's team, to make a difference, you would.

02-19-2019 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Name One UC Player.....
(02-19-2019 09:41 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  NOT NAMED Kenyon Martin or Danny Fortson since 1989 that if you could put on this year's team, to make a difference, you would.

Gary Clark by a mile. Helps the inside scoring issue and would improve this team's defense significantly. They wouldn't be as good as last year because we don't have a JE3 caliber perimeter defender but they'd be much better.

JMax would be my second for the same reasons.

02-19-2019 10:07 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
To me it would be one of Nick Van Exel, Steve Logan, Devan Downeyor Kenny Satterfield. Part of me wants to say Satterfield, as he can stop penetration and also provide much needed steady.PG play.

I would go 1) Satterfield and 2) Maxiell.

02-19-2019 10:18 AM
TheShoeFits Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bearcats
Yancy

02-19-2019 10:18 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Eh part of me wants to go with a pg like Nick Van Excel Or Satterfield, but a true big man that rebounds, finishes, blocks shots, and can hit free throws would be huge for this team.

1a) Yancy
1b) Maxiell
1c) Hicks

2a) Gary
2b) Justin Jackson

02-19-2019 10:29 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
PG is always our biggest weakness. This year is no exception. If we had a true, legitimate floor general, Brooks and Scotts game would improve.

02-19-2019 10:42 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
This team has a lack of perimeter length. If I can't chose Fortson, then I'm going with the 6'9" guard that the team knows very well... DerMarr Johnson.

His jump shot was so smooth. Cumberland is great at finding the open man off of penetration and I think DerMarr would be a great compliment. He'd also help the defense. I believe he was top 10 in the conference in blocked shots that year and that's with Kenyon blocking everything.

02-19-2019 10:44 AM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
How about 3, Steve Logan, Jason Maxiel, and Yancy Gates.

02-19-2019 10:47 AM
TheShoeFits Offline
Water Engineer

Corie Blount would be nice too.

02-19-2019 10:59 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
UC needs a big man that can consistently score, rebound and play with intensity game after game.

Someone like Eric Hicks, Jason Maxiell, Yancy Gates, etc.

02-19-2019 11:02 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

Herb Jones

02-19-2019 11:15 AM
Advertisement

Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

Steve Logan.

Dude was money from the outside. It would be funny how good Brooks would suddenly become if other teams had to account for Logan out there prowling the 3 point line.

02-19-2019 11:27 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

(02-19-2019 10:07 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 09:41 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  NOT NAMED Kenyon Martin or Danny Fortson since 1989 that if you could put on this year's team, to make a difference, you would.

Gary Clark by a mile. Helps the inside scoring issue and would improve this team's defense significantly. They wouldn't be as good as last year because we don't have a JE3 caliber perimeter defender but they'd be much better.

I agree - Gary Clark. Actually a few weeks ago I was thinking that it's a shame that Clark wasn't a year younger.

If we compare last year to this year: Cumberland is a better #1 scoring option than Evans was last year, and Williams' athleticism makes him a better #2 scoring option than Cumberland (Cumberland needs to control the ball to make an impact so he isn't a great #2 option). But this year we're missing a down-low presence who can finish at the rim. Clark would bump us from a top-35 offense to a top-20 offense.

02-19-2019 11:46 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-19-2019 10:07 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  

Great answer. Agreed. Immediately the defense becomes top 10-15 caliber and the offense which is already top 40 gets better too.

02-19-2019 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

UC has had many big men that would help this year's team. In addition to those already named... Bobby Brannen would help this team a lot too.

Also - how about a proven sharpshooter like Lazelle Durden?

02-19-2019 01:08 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
It would have to be an inside guy. As much as I love Gary Clark, I'd say either Maxiell or Hicks. I'd say their production against a little higher quality of competition puts them a notch above Clark. I always had a problem with Gates, because you never knew which Yancy would show up to play.

An option out of left field would be Immanuel McElroy. Would love to have a guy you could just sick on a team's best player and he would completely take them out of the game.

02-19-2019 01:38 PM
Advertisement

converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Reuben Patterson

02-19-2019 01:47 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I think for me its:

1. Herb Jones: you get the benefit of the guy who can nail threes, attack the rim AND play HUGE inside (rebounds) all in one player. I think if Herb played with Cumberland it would be a tough duo.

2. Would be Blount or Gates for obvious reasons.

edit: 3. Madmax - this team needs nastiness inside.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 02:03 PM by Bearcats#1.)
02-19-2019 02:01 PM
Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
Great question! My first thought was to add a true 3 point shooting threat but I think we shoot 3's well when the shots are open. Then I shifted to the big man inside like a number of people have mentioned but I still think our guards would either have a hard team getting him the ball or the ball would go into the post and then everyone would stand and watch. In the end, I came back to an answer several people have mentioned... Gary Clark makes perfect sense for this team.

His most underrated talent IMO was his ability to hang out around the free throw line on offense and make the other team have to commit at least one defender to stopping him. If not, he could hit the midrange J or drive to the hole if the guards stayed with our guards. He was a very good passer so if he was doubled he could find and hit the open man. And if things were really tight in the lane area he was able to step out and shoot the 3 and loosen up the middle for Jarron, Broome and Keith Williams to drive and create. Offensively IMO he would give this team the most options without having to be The Man on the offensive end like Yancey or some of the other bigs. And on D, he was as good a college defender as any of our other bigs not named Kenyon or Maxiell. JMO but Gary was, as incredible as it sounds, our most underrated "star" of recent history.

02-19-2019 02:12 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
(02-19-2019 11:02 AM)bearcatfan Wrote:  UC needs a big man that can consistently score, rebound and play with intensity game after game.

Someone like Eric Hicks, Jason Maxiell, Yancy Gates, etc.

AKA Gary Clark

02-19-2019 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.