Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm done with all politicians
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I'm done with all politicians
To pass a budget that creates a trillion dollar deficit without even reading it is on par with passing ObamaCare without reading it. None of them give a crap about this country and our future.

How,can they simply not care about getting our finances in order? The level of irresponsibility is mind numbing.
03-22-2018 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
RE: I'm done with all politicians
(03-22-2018 11:44 PM)banker Wrote:  To pass a budget that creates a trillion dollar deficit without even reading it is on par with passing ObamaCare without reading it. None of them give a crap about this country and our future.

How,can they simply not care about getting our finances in order? The level of irresponsibility is mind numbing.
OFFS - that's so bogus. Try something else. They had the ACA stuff for months. They had hearings and committees and Republicans added 160 amendments in the Senate. Oh, and town hall meetings. Did you pass on going to one? I went. It was informative.
July 2009 - start of Bill
Aug 2009 - Kennedy died and was replaced
Nov 7, 2009 - House version passed
Dec 24, 2009 - Senate version passed
Jan 2010 - Republican wins MA Senate seat, taking away supermajority
March 2010 - Dems use budget reconciliation to only need 51 votes
March 2010 - Bill signed
If Congressmen didn't read the ACA, that's on them

I'm not a fan of the ACA because I retired but am not old enough for Medicare yet but you can at least get the facts right.

As for the Omnibus - we've been told about 10 things from over 2000 pages. This is a joke. All of these last minute getting it to the members is a joke.
03-23-2018 02:04 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
none of this should come as a surprise to anyone.....

lack of congressional term limits and lobbyists are the scourge of the country.....

one day soon your dollar won't be worth half what it is today....

I give it 20 yrs. max.....
03-23-2018 05:15 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Vito.
03-23-2018 08:42 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-23-2018 02:04 AM)CatMom Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 11:44 PM)banker Wrote:  To pass a budget that creates a trillion dollar deficit without even reading it is on par with passing ObamaCare without reading it. None of them give a crap about this country and our future.

OFFS - that's so bogus. Try something else. They had the ACA stuff for months. They had hearings and committees and Republicans added 160 amendments in the Senate. Oh, and town hall meetings. Did you pass on going to one? I went. It was informative.
July 2009 - start of Bill
Aug 2009 - Kennedy died and was replaced
Nov 7, 2009 - House version passed
Dec 24, 2009 - Senate version passed
Jan 2010 - Republican wins MA Senate seat, taking away supermajority
March 2010 - Dems use budget reconciliation to only need 51 votes
March 2010 - Bill signed
If Congressmen didn't read the ACA, that's on them

I'm not a fan of the ACA because I retired but am not old enough for Medicare yet but you can at least get the facts right.

As for the Omnibus - we've been told about 10 things from over 2000 pages. This is a joke. All of these last minute getting it to the members is a joke.

ACA was given to people at the last minute too. Democrats were saying you have to pass it to find out what's in it.
03-23-2018 08:55 AM
stinkfist Online

(03-23-2018 08:42 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Vito.

would be his first......and should be....
03-23-2018 09:01 AM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
If I was in charge: Anyone serving in elected office automatically eliminates their immediate and extended family from also being able to serve in elected office -AND- also eliminates their ability to do ANY business with the government.

That there would eliminate some of these career political families.
03-23-2018 09:03 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
03-23-2018 09:11 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
The ACA pass it to know what is in it is simply another bit of propaganda people gobble up.

Republicans were involved and had input. Changes were made in return for the promise that with the changes some Republicans would vote for it. The last major change was elimination of "public option" which would have required Medicare to create a premium structure for people who were not eligible for Medicare to pay a premium to be covered and the premium would adjust annually to keep it break even.

I can't believe I'm about to say it, but Pelosi pass it to know what's in it quote is grossly out of context.
03-23-2018 09:11 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Quote:Trump threatens to veto omnibus spending bill over DACA and the border wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/trump-th...-wall.html
03-23-2018 09:16 AM
stinkfist Online

this is a 'must veto'......if he really wants to #drainswamp and keep his base intact, it's goddammmmed #MUSTVITO
03-23-2018 09:22 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Trump should veto the damned thing immediately. NO EXCUSE for this!

Rand Paul's twitter was pretty good last night, he was going down the list of wasteful spending.
03-23-2018 09:27 AM
stinkfist Online

(03-23-2018 09:27 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Trump should veto the damned thing immediately. NO EXCUSE for this!

Rand Paul's twitter was pretty good last night, he was going down the list of wasteful spending.

I really like Rand....unfortunately, his personality doesn't fit the mantra of msm 'the view' politics......and that really sucks donkey kong.....

don't kid yourself.....I'd voted for him in a heartbeat if I thought it mattered.....

he's the guy we really need at the helm....

however, #DJTexperiment was the only option for o'day.....

one can only hope he stabs the pen through this stupid arse shite.....

if he doesn't, then I'll know who won the battle....
03-23-2018 09:32 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Quote:I'm done with all politicians

Only came here to be sure someone got it right. All good. I’ll turn out the lights.

(If Trump signs this I don't even......)
03-23-2018 09:36 AM
pcm0103 Online
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Is Trump reasons for vetoing the same reason that you want it vetoed?
03-23-2018 10:17 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-23-2018 09:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  this is a 'must veto'......if he really wants to #drainswamp and keep his base intact, it's goddammmmed #MUSTVITO

It's a must veto or the dems win the house back easily. Conservatives will stay home if this thing is signed.

If I'm Trump I veto this on national TV and demand an actual budget for next fiscal year and start calling for congress members to support legislation stating that failure to produce a budget means forfeiture of salary. Make every single one of the roaches from both sides go on the record as supporting or opposing before the election and tell them that he won't campaign for a single republican that doesn't agree to pass such a bill.

I really hate Trump's tweeting, but he should be all over twitter over this.
03-23-2018 10:18 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(03-23-2018 10:18 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 09:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  this is a 'must veto'......if he really wants to #drainswamp and keep his base intact, it's goddammmmed #MUSTVITO

It's a must veto or the dems win the house back easily. Conservatives will stay home if this thing is signed.

If I'm Trump I veto this on national TV and demand an actual budget for next fiscal year and start calling for congress members to support legislation stating that failure to produce a budget means forfeiture of salary. Make every single one of the roaches from both sides go on the record as supporting or opposing before the election and tell them that he won't campaign for a single republican that doesn't agree to pass such a bill.

I really hate Trump's tweeting, but he should be all over twitter over this.

I absolutely would hold a press conference, twitter twat, or wtfe......

he picked the fight.....it's time to see what he's really got in the tank....

people like me will give him the finga in a heartbeat if he doesn't chastise this one....he already came out with a tweet.....I'm hammering down this one big time.....

congress is the #swamp.....either do it or stfu!!!!

oh yeah, fk Paul Ryan.....what a pos hem-haw poosy he is too....

at least Rand's got some cods.....

this is show time.....he asked for it.....we're going to find out soon if he meant it....

other than the steel tariff (which he already figured out wasn't best method upon release) he hasn't let me down yet.....this is a monster test for DJT.....
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2018 10:30 AM by stinkfist.)
03-23-2018 10:27 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-23-2018 09:11 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  The ACA pass it to know what is in it is simply another bit of propaganda people gobble up.

Its on video and it was a stupid thing to say. Its not propaganda. It was a stupid Pelosi comment.

Quote:Republicans were involved and had input.

Republicas got locked out of the meeting because Obama said, after reviewing what some republicans put forth, that he was going in another direction and that elections have consequences. Something the libturds are still learning to this day.

Quote: Changes were made in return for the promise that with the changes some Republicans would vote for it.
And you didnt get a damned one. No republican voted for it. Do you know how hard that is to pull off? At a time when Rinos reigned supreme, you could get one single vote. But MUH CHANGES.

Quote:The last major change was elimination of "public option" which would have required Medicare to create a premium structure for people who were not eligible for Medicare to pay a premium to be covered and the premium would adjust annually to keep it break even.

That change was made in order to get the democrats who were holdouts to vote for it, because Pelosi/Obama/and captain dumb*** didnt have the votes on their side with the public option in it.
03-23-2018 10:51 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Looks to me like the dems are playing hard ball. They are not going to give Trump his useless wall AND the repubs and Trump will be the fall guys for letting DACA die. Trumps bluff is being called. If he vetoes, he doesn't get his wall and he gets blamed for the death of DACA.. Good Job Dems!!
03-23-2018 11:34 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
1 PM News Conference at the White House

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...6697079808
03-23-2018 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.