http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story...427504002/
03-15-2018 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
RE: Sam Beal article from BC
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 04:13 PM by Hiller4Hyz09.)
06-05-2018 04:13 PM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

Was Beal declared academically ineligible or something? He isn't available for the supplemental draft unless his status has somehow changed.
06-05-2018 04:23 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(06-05-2018 04:23 PM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Was Beal declared academically ineligible or something? He isn't available for the supplemental draft unless his status has somehow changed.

This would be awful for Beal and WMU.
06-05-2018 07:53 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(06-05-2018 04:23 PM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Was Beal declared academically ineligible or something? He isn't available for the supplemental draft unless his status has somehow changed.

Nothing official yet, but I spoke to someone who said he is taking classes in the first summer session to boost his GPA. If he can't, then he will likely be declared ineligible.

I guess that would mean he was put on academic probation, right? I don't think you wash out right away - there is usually a process to recover before being academically dismissed. No idea where he is in that process.
06-06-2018 07:34 AM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

I hope this works out because that would be a huge blow to the Broncos defense if Beal can't play.
06-06-2018 08:50 AM
Advertisement

The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23713...ntal-draft

Assuming the information in this article is accurate, I had no idea that Beal was so highly regarded at the next level.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 09:58 AM by The Colonel.)
06-06-2018 09:57 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

It is going to really hurt this defense if Beal leaves...
06-06-2018 10:07 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Ugh, this makes it seems inevitable that he’s gone regardless.

Why would anyone run on us next year? We are going to get torched through the air. Immediately puts the pressure back on Wassink and our offense to score points.

Good times ahead...
06-06-2018 10:49 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

Beal wouldn't be petitioning for supplemental draft if he wasn't planning on being gone anyway. Academically, it doesn't look like he'll make it.

Lester is claiming he will be one-credit shy of eligibility, but that his grades are good. This means that either Tim is lying to us (to make Beal look good), or that Beal was horribly advised by either Jeff Stone (unlikely) or his academic college advisor. You either don't have enough credits because you failed so many of them, or because you never registered for them.
06-06-2018 11:00 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-06-2018 11:00 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  Beal wouldn't be petitioning for supplemental draft if he wasn't planning on being gone anyway. Academically, it doesn't look like he'll make it.

Lester is claiming he will be one-credit shy of eligibility, but that his grades are good. This means that either Tim is lying to us (to make Beal look good), or that Beal was horribly advised by either Jeff Stone (unlikely) or his academic college advisor. You either don't have enough credits because you failed so many of them, or because you never registered for them.

These athletes have EVERY opportunity to succeed in academics with the support system built into the athletic department... how they get themselves in this kind of situation is beyond me....
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 11:32 AM by flushtheherd.)
06-06-2018 11:27 AM
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

(06-06-2018 11:27 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 11:00 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  Beal wouldn't be petitioning for supplemental draft if he wasn't planning on being gone anyway. Academically, it doesn't look like he'll make it.

These athletes have EVERY opportunity to succeed in academics with the support system built into the athletic department... how they get themselves in this kind of situation is beyond me....

Agree 100%
06-06-2018 11:35 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(06-06-2018 10:49 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Ugh, this makes it seems inevitable that he’s gone regardless.

Why would anyone run on us next year? We are going to get torched through the air. Immediately puts the pressure back on Wassink and our offense to score points.

Good times ahead...

We have the Syracuse CB transfer and the Jackson Bros. We have three good, experienced safeties. While Beal is certainly a unique talent back there, it's not as if we have tackling dummies on remote control cars there.
06-06-2018 11:36 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

Sigh.

From Andy Pepper on Twitter:

Just got off phone with @CoachTimLester regarding today’s Sam Beal news: Beal didn’t earn enough credits this academic year to be eligible in ‘18. *Could have earned enough in summer, but would have had to petition NCAA for eligibility.
06-06-2018 12:04 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Wow
06-06-2018 12:30 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Beal is no longer listed on the roster.
06-06-2018 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I kind of wonder how a thing like this happens. People dropping the ball when the ball is the program.
06-06-2018 01:00 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

(06-06-2018 01:00 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  I kind of wonder how a thing like this happens. People dropping the ball when the ball is the program.

Accountability has to go all the way up the chain to Lester himself and everyone on the way. How does this legitimately happen?
06-06-2018 01:19 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(06-06-2018 12:04 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  Sigh.

From Andy Pepper on Twitter:

Just got off phone with @CoachTimLester regarding today’s Sam Beal news: Beal didn’t earn enough credits this academic year to be eligible in ‘18. *Could have earned enough in summer, but would have had to petition NCAA for eligibility.

How does this happen... 03-puke
06-06-2018 01:35 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(06-06-2018 11:36 AM)RunningGame Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 10:49 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Ugh, this makes it seems inevitable that he’s gone regardless.

Good times ahead...

We have the Syracuse CB transfer and the Jackson Bros. We have three good, experienced safeties. While Beal is certainly a unique talent back there, it's not as if we have tackling dummies on remote control cars there.

Obbie Jackson can be serviceable and has had some nice moments. I have no clue how the other two will pan out. None of them are considered to be at the same talent-level as Beal. We are going to get torched. MAC QB's are already licking their chops at our secondary.
06-06-2018 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.