Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU plans to leave CUSA. Enjoy 1-AA
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Rolleyes ODU plans to leave CUSA. Enjoy 1-AA
So maybe it’s not the plan of the school but your boy writing articles thinks it’s time.

http://pilotonline.com/sports/columnist/...8d137.html
02-23-2018 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: ODU plans to leave CUSA. Enjoy 1-AA
(02-23-2018 07:55 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  So maybe it’s not the plan of the school but your boy writing articles thinks it’s time.

Harry is a demented old fart and his articles are mostly click bait just like Chuck Landon. I would rather stay away from the article and not give him those clicks that he craves so badly.
02-23-2018 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(02-23-2018 07:55 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  So maybe it’s not the plan of the school but your boy writing articles thinks it’s time.

He wants Marshall to join them.

Also:

Let's face it, C-USA basketball is a drag on ODU, which has better facilities, a larger fan base and better history than most of the league.
02-23-2018 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2018 08:12 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

Also:

Let's face it, C-USA basketball is a drag on ODU, which has better facilities, a larger fan base and better history than most of the league.

You my friend just wasted ~ 100 KB of your internet usage and gave him a click. Its really bad just like feeding dawgass poster from LT.
02-23-2018 08:15 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
See ya suckas!02-13-banana
02-23-2018 08:16 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Also:

You just want us gone so you never have to experience the glory that will be our inevitable Planters Bowl triumph. If you think we're insufferable now, just you wait
02-23-2018 08:25 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Is this guy your beat writer ?

When you guys first joined the league I thought he was the best in the league.

Lately, he seems to have gotten into some good Hampton Roads' hashish
02-23-2018 08:33 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(02-23-2018 08:33 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Is this guy your beat writer ?

He was the beat writer, now he's a columnist so we get blessed by his opinion. You should read the Liberty's **** Don't Stink piece he did a few months back.

I agree he was a great beat writer for us.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018 07:55 AM by mturn017.)
02-23-2018 09:47 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2018 09:47 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

He was the beat writer, now he's a columnist so we get blessed by his opinion. You should read the "Liberty's **** Don't Stink" piece he did a few months back.

Since you put it in quotes, is that an actual quote from his article, or your personal political beliefs being misrepresented here as fact?
02-23-2018 10:06 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(02-23-2018 10:06 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

He was the beat writer, now he's a columnist so we get blessed by his opinion. You should read the "Liberty's **** Don't Stink" piece he did a few months back.

Since you put it in quotes, is that an actual quote from his article, or your personal political beliefs being misrepresented here as fact?

No, I put it in quotes because that was the actual title of his article. I may be mistaken with the quotes though. I can't quite remember from my high school English class, should newspaper column titles be in quotes or underlined? Italics?

Personal political beliefs? C'mon man.
02-23-2018 10:18 PM
Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

Also:

It would be kind of nice if we actually beat Empty Sue at...anything...once before we go. 05-mafia
02-23-2018 10:24 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(02-23-2018 10:24 PM)Maryland Monarch Wrote:  

Also:

It would be kind of nice if we actually beat Empty Sue at...anything...once before we go. 05-mafia

Think we beat them in baseball pretty regularly.
02-23-2018 10:30 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

There's nothing political about what he said and you know that. Its just Harry sucking Jerry Falwell Jr's dirty butt and looking down at ODU. I could care less about that stupid mf'ing school but when he contrasts and compares and pushes his personal agenda on ODU that is when i don't like effing Minium. This article is pure stupid and is click bait.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 10:31 PM by 12thmonarch.)
02-23-2018 10:30 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(02-23-2018 10:30 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

There's nothing political about what he said and you know that. Its just Harry sucking Jerry Falwell Jr's dirty butt and looking down at ODU. I could care less about that stupid mf'ing school but when he contrasts and compares and pushes his personal agenda on ODU that is when i don't like effing Minium. This article is pure stupid and is click bait.

I don't dislike Liberty. I'm fine with scheduling them in FB, looking forward to going to that game next season. Their stadiums an hour from my house. Schedule the for baseball for sure. But they're not anywhere close to the top of my list of who I want to be conference mates with, at least not at this point. And that was the thrust of the fluff piece he did on them.

If there's anyone who seems to be showing "political bias" towards Liberty it's the guy with the handle "ODUBBALL" wanting to join a conference with this:

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_180_Men.html

forgive my heavy-handed use of quotes.
02-23-2018 10:41 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2018 10:41 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

I don't dislike Liberty. I'm fine with scheduling them in FB, looking forward to going to that game next season. Their stadiums an hour from my house. Schedule the for baseball for sure. But they're not anywhere close to the top of my list of who I want to be conference mates with, at least not at this point. And that was the thrust of the fluff piece he did on them.

If there's anyone who seems to be showing "political bias" towards Liberty it's the guy with the handle "ODUBBALL" wanting to join a conference with this:

I haven't cared about them to either like or dislike until Harry started his article charade but i don't mind playing them esp if they are throwing tons of money at us and i hope Bobby is ready to kick their ass at their place.
02-23-2018 10:46 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

02-23-2018 10:52 PM
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

That's too funny. FYI, the school that I want ODU to join a conference with is ECU (Hint - they're not Liberty). That would put ODU in the AAC with them and frankly I don't care how poor ECU's realtimerpi is in case you wanted to post that one too. The rest of the AAC would more than make up the difference for them.

Like you, I also don't have anything against Liberty. I see value in playing them in football and baseball as well, primarily due to their close proximity. As far as ever being conference mates with them I would hope they had a significantly better basketball team then they have had over the years if that ever happened. In my lifetime they have never been anywhere near good enough on the hard court as far as I can remember.

The only significant plusses I see in Liberty over a bunch of other mid major schools are geographical location relative to ODU, facilities, TV programming of sports, and money. ODU could fulfill those things and more if they were someday with ECU as a travel partner in the AAC.

Only way I could see myself wanting Liberty in CUSA with ODU would be if they were on the hook to provide a free of charge conference TV package on a viable network for all of the major sports (baseball, basketball, and football) conference wide. I don't see that happening so "no" I don't currently have any desire to join up with Liberty.

BTW and to my original question and point ... unless I missed it the article you posted the link for did not show the sentence/statement that you quoted.

Political bias? C'mon man, you're 0 for 2.
02-24-2018 12:29 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(02-24-2018 12:29 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 09:47 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  He was the beat writer, now he's a columnist so we get blessed by his opinion. You should read the "Liberty's **** Don't Stink" piece he did a few months back.

That's too funny. FYI, the school that I want ODU to join a conference with is ECU (Hint - they're not Liberty). That would put ODU in the AAC with them and frankly I don't care how poor ECU's realtimerpi is in case you wanted to post that one too. The rest of the AAC would more than make up the difference for them.

Like you, I also don't have anything against Liberty. I see value in playing them in football and baseball as well, primarily due to their close proximity. As far as ever being conference mates with them I would hope they had a significantly better basketball team then they have had over the years if that ever happened. In my lifetime they have never been anywhere near good enough on the hard court as far as I can remember.

The only significant plusses I see in Liberty over a bunch of other mid major schools are geographical location relative to ODU, facilities, TV programming of sports, and money. ODU could fulfill those things and more if they were someday with ECU as a travel partner in the AAC.

Only way I could see myself wanting Liberty in CUSA with ODU would be if they were on the hook to provide a free of charge conference TV package on a viable network for all of the major sports (baseball, basketball, and football) conference wide. I don't see that happening so "no" I don't currently have any desire to join up with Liberty.

BTW and to my original question and point ... unless I missed it the article you posted the link for did not show the sentence/statement that you quoted.

Political bias? C'mon man, you're 0 for 2.

Then we're in agreement with regards to Liberty and I already addressed my use of quotes.

Edit: I changed my original post and used italics rather than quotation marks to avoid any future confusion although I hardly thought that was necessary as the context didn't lend itself to being a quote taken from the article.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018 07:59 AM by mturn017.)
02-24-2018 07:50 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

It doesnt say ODU wants to leave anything. Harry has his head stuck up some regional conference and butt kisses crappy Liberty.
02-24-2018 08:47 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
We’d all like a more regional conf. If we never went to Texas again in my lifetime I’m fine with that but I don’t see brand new confs just forming out of thin air.
02-24-2018 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.