Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Semi-OT: Cable & Satellite TV prices increasing (AT&T raising Direct TV up $8/month)
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Semi-OT: Cable & Satellite TV prices increasing (AT&T raising Direct TV up $8/month)
https://nypost.com/2018/01/05/cable-tv-p...-the-cord/

States that Comcast is raising cable prices 2.2% and AT&T is raising Direct TV prices up to $8 in mid-January.

Also, states that smaller providers are increasing their rates also.

I have no doubt that more will be 'cord-cutting' or 'cord-shaving' and it will accelerate more this year than last year.

Some interesting facts to know as we analyze these numbers throughout the year.
Neilson TV Households for 2017-2018 TV season: 119.6 million.

From the article: Pay TV households 97.5 million.
Breakdown: 94 million is from cable/satellite, 3.5 million OTT services (Sling, PS Vue, Direct TV...etc)

This leaves OTA only households at: 22.1 million (#TV households - Pay TV households)

Fun Fact: Estimated Total households is 125.6 million (in 2016). Households with no TV: 6 million.

I'll see if I or we (with your collaboration) can do some estimation updates throughout the year as we get info throughout 2018 of the number cable/satellite subscriber losses and OTT and OTA gains. Quarterly reports are coming out next week so we should hear some details soon about the cable/satellite companies.

This will start to play a big role for several conferences as TV contracts will start to be negotiating later this year.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 11:48 AM by MWC Tex.)
01-09-2018 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Semi-OT: Cable & Satellite TV prices increasing (AT&T raising Direct TV up $8/month)
Just waiting for the ROKU Youtube TV App. Already left cable/SAS but PSVUE has raised prices and the missing app is the only thing that has kept me from switching.
01-09-2018 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.