Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I am not mad at Frost
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
I am not mad at Frost
Despite all the noise, he did not feed into it. It was simply the dirtbag media and "some" Husker losers sitting in moms basement making viral tweets. In Any case, the kids sure played like they were not distracted. I credit Frost for that. As usual, as we have seen the second half of the season, our defense was suspect. Hopefully Frost takes his friend with him.

I would love to get Jason Candle..........or yes, Lane Kiffen lol. I can only imagine Kiffens tweets against the CFP committee after they shaft UCF again after this win if he were the coach.
12-02-2017 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: I am not mad at Frost
You are who you hang with. Nebraska fans make Frost look bad.
12-02-2017 04:14 PM
Meatwad Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF & The Arsenal
yeah chins needs to be on the first flight out to omaha or wherever their airport is.

i'm not mad that he's leaving per se because if we had a football great who won things for us and we were downtrodden and he was doing big things at a smaller school i would love for him to come home and rescue us. it sucks that the peach bowl is being treated as an afterthought when a new years day bowl is something nebraska might not even see during his initial 5 year contract, then i understand that you can't keep a lame duck into january.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 04:18 PM by Meatwad.)
12-02-2017 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
No Kiffin. I don’t want that kind of douchbaggery on campus. It’ll be nothing but popped collars on vineyard vines and sperrys everywhere
12-02-2017 04:15 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
(12-02-2017 04:14 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  You are who you hang with. Nebraska fans make Frost look bad.
01-wingedeagle
12-02-2017 04:17 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Coaches are probably knocking the door down to get that UCF job right now. Basically the opposite of what's going on at Tennessee. Lot of talent coming back next year.
12-02-2017 04:19 PM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2017 04:13 PM)otown Wrote:  Despite all the noise, he did not feed into it. It was simply the dirtbag media and "some" Husker losers sitting in moms basement making viral tweets. In Any case, the kids sure played like they were not distracted. I credit Frost for that. As usual, as we have seen the second half of the season, our defense was suspect. Hopefully Frost takes his friend with him.

I would love to get Jason Candle..........or yes, Lane Kiffen lol. I can only imagine Kiffens tweets against the CFP committee after they shaft UCF again after this win if he were the coach.

I give all the credit to the players. If you think that they thought he was coming back, no way.
12-02-2017 04:22 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

He's reportedly getting $7 mil a year for 5 years. Which is insane. Don't blame him for going. Know he's very conflicted and will regret it. Sucks, but at least he's getting paid before they run him off with pitch forks in 4 years. No one can meet the unreasonable expectations of Nebraska fans.
12-02-2017 04:26 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
(12-02-2017 04:26 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  He's reportedly getting $7 mil a year for 5 years. Which is insane. Don't blame him for going. Know he's very conflicted and will regret it. Sucks, but at least he's getting paid before they run him off with pitch forks in 4 years. No one can meet the unreasonable expectations of Nebraska fans.

7 years at $5 million/year.

I don't think you really understand Husker fans. It isn't their expectations which fire coaches, ADs do. It wasn't the fans that fired Solich. It wasn't the fans that fired Riley.

In fact, despite the poor product on the field, Husker fans still sold out the stadium and filled the stands.
12-02-2017 04:31 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Frost played it cool even though he knew he was otw out. That was smart because if he had let his team know it would have messed with their focus. Essentially, he kept his mouth closed to help his team win the game & it worked IMO.
12-02-2017 04:36 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
All he needs to do is lose no more than 2 to 3 games a year and he will have a NY6 game every year.
12-02-2017 04:37 PM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2017 04:37 PM)otown Wrote:  All he needs to do is lose no more than 2 to 3 games a year and he will have a NY6 game every year.

But not a CFP game.
12-02-2017 04:38 PM
Meatwad Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF & The Arsenal
(12-02-2017 04:37 PM)otown Wrote:  All he needs to do is lose no more than 2 to 3 games a year and he will have a NY6 game every year.
are michigan st and northwestern going to an NY6 bowl this year?

it depends on who those 2 losses are to. two loss teams from the east side can get a NY6 bowl because that's where the elite B10 teams are. on the west side the only acceptable loss is to wisconsin.
12-02-2017 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2017 04:31 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 04:26 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  He's reportedly getting $7 mil a year for 5 years. Which is insane. Don't blame him for going. Know he's very conflicted and will regret it. Sucks, but at least he's getting paid before they run him off with pitch forks in 4 years. No one can meet the unreasonable expectations of Nebraska fans.

7 years at $5 million/year.

I don't think you really understand Husker fans. It isn't their expectations which fire coaches, ADs do. It wasn't the fans that fired Solich. It wasn't the fans that fired Riley.

In fact, despite the poor product on the field, Husker fans still sold out the stadium and filled the stands.
ADs fire coaches due to pressure from fans and boosters. Nebraska has run off several coaches who were moderately successful. They aren't in a good position to succeed but they have alabama type expectations.
12-02-2017 04:47 PM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

He turned an 0-12 football team into a 12-0 football team in two years. That has never been done before in the entire history of college football. While it sux that he’s leaving, objectively reasonable people understand he is doing what he believes is in the best interest of himself and his family, even though he is obviously torn emotionally. The fact that this was such a tough decision for him speaks volumes about UCF. Thank you Coach Scott Frost, true UCF fans will miss you!
12-02-2017 04:48 PM
WUs_Phlash Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WSU
Hard to criticize a coach going home.
12-02-2017 04:50 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Can't hate on him. We can't match 7 years of 5mil per year. Enjoy what we've got and move on.
12-02-2017 04:50 PM
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
What would the top pay in the AAC be for a head coach? Nebraska 5 million a year 7 years. 35 million. Thats a lot of corn.
12-02-2017 04:56 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
Sorry guys he is to blame as well. It was obvious Nebraska wanted him desperately. He could have said let’s get this done after last game. He has to have known Nebraska Ad was calling coaches and players today. Have no problem with him taking the job, imo in the end he showed little class and the players and UCF fans deserve better.
12-02-2017 05:11 PM
98TUOwl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Temple Owls
I am not mad at Frost
He did UCF solid. Going home for big money and a long contract; it is hard to fault the man. He stayed through the CCG despite everything being buttoned up. Although I cannot recall anyone leaving prior to a CCG. IT’s important for the coach’s resume too.

One thing that should be changed is leaving prior to a ball game. It’s truly leaving unfinished business. Still, coaches may stand to lose more than they gain by coaching the ball game.

One cool thing about the AAC is that the successful programs are proving resilience after coaching changes. Memphis was worried initially after Fuente left and this year they were in the CCG. Temple has had an ok rebuilding year after losing Rhule. Houston is a bit of a question mark still but the administration/ regents won’t stand for a poor performer. The G4 cannot say the same.
12-02-2017 05:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.