Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for WKU posters
Bookmark and Share
ODU BBALL Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Question for WKU posters
With so many headings and posts regarding WKU on the CUSA Conference Talk section, why don't you guys ever post anything on the WKU section? I just went there to see what the latest was with your basketball news and no one has posted anything there since March.

I understand that your fans likely have another forum somewhere that they post on instead, but why not have it all under the conference's message board - CUSAbbs - for convenience, both for yourselves and for your conference mates?

You probably aren't alone in doing that, but I was honestly going to check the WKU section for your latest when I noticed that nothing much was there.
08-12-2017 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
RE: Question for WKU posters
(08-12-2017 02:03 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  With so many headings and posts regarding WKU on the CUSA Conference Talk section, why don't you guys ever post anything on the WKU section? I just went there to see what the latest was with your basketball news and no one has posted anything there since March.

I understand that your fans likely have another forum somewhere that they post on instead, but why not have it all under the conference's message board - CUSAbbs - for convenience, both for yourselves and for your conference mates?

You probably aren't alone in doing that, but I was honestly going to check the WKU section for your latest when I noticed that nothing much was there.

I think most of us have migrated from the Hilltopper Haven over to the WKUINSIDER on the Scout board. I dont know if anybody will ever use the CSNBBS board, probably more for privacy reasons
08-12-2017 03:03 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
Special Teams

(08-12-2017 03:03 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 02:03 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  With so many headings and posts regarding WKU on the CUSA Conference Talk section, why don't you guys ever post anything on the WKU section? I just went there to see what the latest was with your basketball news and no one has posted anything there since March.

I think most of us have migrated from the Hilltopper Haven over to the WKUINSIDER on the Scout board. I dont know if anybody will ever use the CSNBBS board, probably more for privacy reasons

Privacy reasons?
08-12-2017 03:25 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
All American

(08-12-2017 03:25 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 03:03 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

Privacy reasons?

Makes it harder for the randoms to jump in on topics
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 03:52 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
08-12-2017 03:51 PM

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jenna Webb
In other words they are one of the few fan bases that refuses to let anyone associated with other schools post on their board. By now you all have figured out why.
08-12-2017 04:58 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
All American

(08-12-2017 04:58 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  In other words they are one of the few fan bases that refuses to let anyone associated with other schools post on their board. By now you all have figured out why.

You can on the scout board , just not on the haven. Having the main site here would make it to convenient for others to jump in , the same reason MT don't have a active board here
08-12-2017 07:25 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
1st String

I understand what you have stated about keeping it exclusive to WKU fans by having that other fan forum. What doesn't make sense though is that many times topics that are solely about WKU are started by WKU fans on the CUSAbbs Conference forum where all conference fans can chime in on. That seems to defeat the purpose of the other forum as stated.

I enjoy having WKU in the conference and also enjoy reading your thoughts about what is going on with your teams. In many ways we are all in this together since we are conference mates. It is just a lot easier to find things about the other schools when they are just a click away instead of trying to remember what forum they are using instead.

Edit: I feel similarly about other schools fans that don't have updated fan input on their school's CUSAbbs forum. In some ways it seems like just another thing that the conference teams (schools/fans) can't get together on.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 08:22 PM by ODU BBALL.)
08-12-2017 08:18 PM

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
All American

(08-12-2017 08:18 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  I understand what you have stated about keeping it exclusive to WKU fans by having that other fan forum. What doesn't make sense though is that many times topics that are solely about WKU are started by WKU fans on the CUSAbbs Conference forum where all conference fans can chime in on. That seems to defeat the purpose of the other forum as stated.

I enjoy having WKU in the conference and also enjoy reading your thoughts about what is going on with your teams. In many ways we are all in this together since we are conference mates. It is just a lot easier to find things about the other schools when they are just a click away instead of trying to remember what forum they are using instead.

Edit: I feel similarly about other schools fans that don't have updated fan input on their school's CUSAbbs forum. In some ways it seems like just another thing that the conference teams (schools/fans) can't get together on.

Many of our fans are not as social and stick to the main board only, I personally enjoy mixing things up here 05-stirthepot
08-12-2017 09:20 PM
Volkmar Offline
1st String

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
Speaking just for me, I can't even remember the last time I went to UTSA's CSNbbs page (lol). I'm sure it's been almost 2 years by now. My main 3 sites for sports social networking are here, http://www.rowdytalk.com/forum.php, and Twitter.
08-12-2017 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODU BBALL Offline
1st String

(08-12-2017 09:37 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Speaking just for me, I can't even remember the last time I went to UTSA's CSNbbs page (lol). I'm sure it's been almost 2 years by now. My main 3 sites for sports social networking are here, http://www.rowdytalk.com/forum.php, and Twitter.

After going through the list of schools using the drop down menu above it appears that Old Dominion and Southern Mississippi are the only two groups of fans that use CUSAbbs as their main fan forum. Wish things were more centralized, but I understand. Guess it is kind of like having a comfortable pair of old shoes that you have enjoyed for years. It's hard to get rid of them and break in a new pair.

I did see some comment about the possibility of Niner Nation forum site going down. Don't know if that will actually happen, but hopefully if it did then the Charlotte fans would migrate over here as their replacement. It would make it easier to keep up with their teams as a fan from another school.
08-13-2017 10:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.