Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yes or No: Would you pay JaMychal green $12M per year?
Bookmark and Share
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Yes or No: Would you pay JaMychal green $12M per year?
Someone is going to offer J-Mike $12M per year. He's 27 years old coming off the best season of his NBA career. Last year was also probably his ceiling...

Would you pay him $12M per?
05-15-2017 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddbotm Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tiger Nation
RE: Yes or No: Would you pay JaMychal green $12M per year?
I'd rather the Grizz go get Paul Millsap on a 2 year deal with a 3rd year player option. This team desperately needs a legitimate rebounder.
05-15-2017 10:42 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
If JMike would go 3 years, I might go 3/36.

I'm not sure he is going to get the $12M offer. Keep looking at teams that might offer him, and the money they have to spend, and can't find the perfect match. Unless Philly or Brooklyn just throw money at JMike.

Biggest under-reported aspect is that JMike is Restricted. RFA's usually play out two ways. The first is they just don't get offers, cause they assume the Grizz would match.

Second, and this happened a few times last year, the offering team makes a crazy offer. Last summer Brooklyn gave Tyler Johnson the 4-year, $50M qualifying offer. Miami ended up matching.

I think if another team focuses on JMike and makes him a crazy QO, the Grizz do not match. Otherwise, I think we keep him. 4 years / $40M.
05-15-2017 10:54 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 10:42 AM)toddbotm Wrote:  I'd rather the Grizz go get Paul Millsap on a 2 year deal with a 3rd year player option. This team desperately needs a legitimate rebounder.

Common man. Be serious.

Millsap is looking for a max deal. He's a 10 year vet, so would get the top-tier, 30% of cap deal. Grizz have zero shot at Millsap.
05-15-2017 10:55 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 10:54 AM)Tigx Wrote:  If JMike would go 3 years, I might go 3/36.

I'm not sure he is going to get the $12M offer. Keep looking at teams that might offer him, and the money they have to spend, and can't find the perfect match. Unless Philly or Brooklyn just throw money at JMike.

Biggest under-reported aspect is that JMike is Restricted. RFA's usually play out two ways. The first is they just don't get offers, cause they assume the Grizz would match.

Second, and this happened a few times last year, the offering team makes a crazy offer. Last summer Brooklyn gave Tyler Johnson the 4-year, $50M qualifying offer. Miami ended up matching.

I think if another team focuses on JMike and makes him a crazy QO, the Grizz do not match. Otherwise, I think we keep him. 4 years / $40M.

Wouldn't surprise me at all for a team like BKN to throw 3/$36M at Green. His agent will be pushing it...this will likely be his only big contract. I think he's going to take the biggest contract he can get...and I think someone will give it to him.

Of course, he's a RFA so we can match. My question is...at $12M per, should we?
05-15-2017 11:01 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm surprised by the FA PF lists.

HoopsHype has JMike #12 on PF list. BasketballInsiders has him #11.

Decent PF FA class. Blake Griffin, Ibaka, Millsap the top tier. Taj Gibson, Ilyasova, Patterson, Mirotic, Amir Johnson. And Dirk and ZBo. And all these would be unrestricted.

More I research, more I think the market plays in our favor. Grizz offer JMike a decent contract averaging $10M, kind of take it or leave it. And JMike re-signs.
05-15-2017 11:18 AM
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I'm not crazy about paying JaMychal $10-$12M/yr. He averaged 8.9 points/7.1 rebounds this year while averaging 27.3 minutes per game. Those are okay stats, but I'd honestly rather re-sign ZBo for another couple years and give Deyonta Davis/Jarell Martin some PT.
05-15-2017 12:10 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 12:10 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  I'm not crazy about paying JaMychal $10-$12M/yr. He averaged 8.9 points/7.1 rebounds this year while averaging 27.3 minutes per game. Those are okay stats, but I'd honestly rather re-sign ZBo for another couple years and give Deyonta Davis/Jarell Martin some PT.

Fair point. His 38% 3-point% and ability to guard multiple positions adds value. But JMike is basically a replacement-level PF, so no need for Grizz to go crazy on his contract offer.

I get the impression they have turned the page on Jarell. Verno has various Grizz coaches and admins. on his show. They never seem that enthused. Cyp says Jarell has the play the 4, can't play the 3, and that is a pretty crowded position. Plus Parsons might have to play some 4, if he ever gets healthy.

They all love DD. This may sound crazy, but I think he is the most untradeable player on the roster right now.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 12:35 PM by Tigx.)
05-15-2017 12:30 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Grizz brass also think a lot of Selden too

FWIW, I would not go that high for JaMych
05-15-2017 01:06 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 11:18 AM)Tigx Wrote:  I'm surprised by the FA PF lists.

HoopsHype has JMike #12 on PF list. BasketballInsiders has him #11.

Decent PF FA class. Blake Griffin, Ibaka, Millsap the top tier. Taj Gibson, Ilyasova, Patterson, Mirotic, Amir Johnson. And Dirk and ZBo. And all these would be unrestricted.

More I research, more I think the market plays in our favor. Grizz offer JMike a decent contract averaging $10M, kind of take it or leave it. And JMike re-signs.

I think most everyone on that list will get an 8-figure salary if they want one. J-Mike will want one. I think some team will give it to him because a good number of those guys will probably re-sign with current teams IMO.
05-15-2017 01:07 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 01:06 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Grizz brass also think a lot of Selden too

Agree. Selden's TO guarantee date is June 24th IIRC, after the draft but before FA starts.

Selden started 2 games in the Spurs series, so would be shocking if Grizz don't pick up his option.
05-15-2017 01:21 PM
Advertisement

HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2017 01:21 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(05-15-2017 01:06 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Grizz brass also think a lot of Selden too

Agree. Selden's TO guarantee date is June 24th IIRC, after the draft but before FA starts.

Selden started 2 games in the Spurs series, so would be shocking if Grizz don't pick up his option.

Given our lack of picks in the next few years, I think it's very possible for Selden to be picked up. He had his moments in a very competitive series with very little experience. You can throw him out there in January vs the Nets and it'll probably be okay. Shouldn't be one of your main rotation guys though. But he'll be cheap and young.
05-15-2017 01:29 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Also - I'd like to see what Deyonta Davis can do. He's the 10th youngest player in the NBA. 6'11" with a 7'3" wingspan...
05-15-2017 01:36 PM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
At that price, I'd rather have The Manimal...he's at 12.5/yr and losing minutes now due to Jurkic. Could we find a way to unload Parsons in a package and get Faried? If so, I'd say do it and have room to sign a difference maker at the 3. Denver has the cap room for a straight up IF you can talk Denver into a 3 year shot at a Parsons full recovery for max money.

I think it would be intriguing for a team with a logjam at the 4/5
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 02:03 PM by tigerjamesc.)
05-15-2017 01:57 PM
memtigbb Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
No.

Also I don't see how we could get rid of Parsons. With that ridiculous contract and his level of play any team would be foolish to take a chance on him. If he has another good season, we might be able to get rid of him, but I don't really see it happening. I think he will spend a lot of time on IR, instagram, and twitter.
05-15-2017 02:27 PM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
(05-15-2017 10:40 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Someone is going to offer J-Mike $12M per year. He's 27 years old coming off the best season of his NBA career. Last year was also probably his ceiling...

Would you pay him $12M per?

No. I like him and someone is probably going to offer him way to much, but we are strapped as is. No need to give him that much.
05-15-2017 03:17 PM
Advertisement

Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
Yes
05-15-2017 03:43 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2017 12:10 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  I'm not crazy about paying JaMychal $10-$12M/yr. He averaged 8.9 points/7.1 rebounds this year while averaging 27.3 minutes per game. Those are okay stats, but I'd honestly rather re-sign ZBo for another couple years and give Deyonta Davis/Jarell Martin some PT.

Jam is the best defensive big on the team
05-15-2017 03:46 PM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2017 03:46 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  

I'd say Marc is better. Marc was the NBA Defensive Player a few years back.

Jamychal is a good defender, though.
05-15-2017 04:01 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2017 04:01 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  
(05-15-2017 03:46 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  

I'd say Marc is better. Marc was the NBA Defensive Player a few years back.

Jamychal is a good defender, though.

Gasols defense has declined dramatically. Jam can guard 4 positions and is great covering pick and rolls. He's too valuable to let walk
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 04:15 PM by Dynamos.)
05-15-2017 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.