Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Memphis showed heart tonight!
Bookmark and Share
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
Memphis showed heart tonight!
COGSCOGS Congratulations to Tubby and the team for showing heart and grit to fight back from a 20 point deficit on the road against a top 25 team. I'm so tired of all the negative criticism Tubby receives on a regular basis. Not only is it unfair but unreasonable as well as insane from a delusional fans. How can any coach turn a program around in his first year? Pastner was given seven years and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I have complete confidence that Tubby will turn this program around. Too many unwarranted critics and not enough demonstrative support. Stop whining/complaining and get your butts to the forum. Love Tubby & the Tigers but I truly believe Tubby needs to part ways with Keelon Lawson and replace him with a big time recruiter. Tubby's a great coach. This Memphis fan base that tolerated and accepted mediocrity at its best with Pastner has the audacity to question and doubt a phenomenal coach. We should be proud to have Tubby Smith but ignorance is indeed bliss. Go Tigers???
02-23-2017 10:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
RE: Memphis showed heart tonight!
Welcome.

That's a hulluva first post. I like the enthusiasm!

Is this Terry "the Red Rooster" Taylor? I hope so.

[Image: the-red-rooster.jpg?w=300&h=261]
02-23-2017 10:41 PM
ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-23-2017 10:24 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  COGSCOGS Congratulations to Tubby and the team for showing heart and grit to fight back from a 20 point deficit on the road against a top 25 team. I'm so tired of all the negative criticism Tubby receives on a regular basis. Not only is it unfair but unreasonable as well as insane from a delusional fans. How can any coach turn a program around in his first year? Pastner was given seven years and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I have complete confidence that Tubby will turn this program around. Too many unwarranted critics and not enough demonstrative support. Stop whining/complaining and get your butts to the forum. Love Tubby & the Tigers but I truly believe Tubby needs to part ways with Keelon Lawson and replace him with a big time recruiter. Tubby's a great coach. This Memphis fan base that tolerated and accepted mediocrity at its best with Pastner has the audacity to question and doubt a phenomenal coach. We should be proud to have Tubby Smith but ignorance is indeed bliss. Go Tigers???

I'm with you...there is good basketball to be had after Austin Nichols and Dedric Lawson....give Tubby a shot...I have liked what he has done with this 4.5 player squad. Help is on the way...
02-23-2017 10:43 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 10:41 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Welcome.

I haven't a clue who that individual might be. I'm Tina...a huge Tiger fan!!! Thanks for welcoming me.
02-23-2017 10:45 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

They played hard but I think it had more to do with UConn letting off the gas...

Difference was UConn had several guys they could go to whenever they needed buckets
02-23-2017 10:51 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 10:43 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 10:24 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  COGSCOGS Congratulations to Tubby and the team for showing heart and grit to fight back from a 20 point deficit on the road against a top 25 team. I'm so tired of all the negative criticism Tubby receives on a regular basis. Not only is it unfair but unreasonable as well as insane from a delusional fans. How can any coach turn a program around in his first year? Pastner was given seven years and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I have complete confidence that Tubby will turn this program around. Too many unwarranted critics and not enough demonstrative support. Stop whining/complaining and get your butts to the forum. Love Tubby & the Tigers but I truly believe Tubby needs to part ways with Keelon Lawson and replace him with a big time recruiter. Tubby's a great coach. This Memphis fan base that tolerated and accepted mediocrity at its best with Pastner has the audacity to question and doubt a phenomenal coach. We should be proud to have Tubby Smith but ignorance is indeed bliss. Go Tigers???

I'm with you...there is good basketball to be had after Austin Nichols and Dedric Lawson....give Tubby a shot...I have liked what he has done with this 4.5 player squad. Help is on the way...
Absolutely, help is on the way!! I can't wait to see Tubby coach up big, physical, and mentally tough athletes. Ones who can rebound aggressively and play hard nosed defense. This limited squad we have currently lacks talent. We got sucked into believing the hype about the Lawson brothers. I personally believe they're overrated, soft, and play AAU type basketball. I'm pumped about next year! Let's go, Tubby & Tigers...baby!!!
02-23-2017 10:54 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-23-2017 10:45 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 10:41 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Welcome.

I haven't a clue who that individual might be. I'm Tina...a huge Tiger fan!!! Thanks for welcoming me.

5'10 170?
02-23-2017 11:06 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-23-2017 10:54 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 10:43 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  

Absolutely, help is on the way!! I can't wait to see Tubby coach up big, physical, and mentally tough athletes. Ones who can rebound aggressively and play hard nosed defense. This limited squad we have currently lacks talent. We got sucked into believing the hype about the Lawson brothers. I personally believe they're overrated, soft, and play AAU type basketball. I'm pumped about next year! Let's go, Tubby & Tigers...baby!!!

03-lmfao
02-23-2017 11:07 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 10:51 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  They played hard but I think it had more to do with UConn letting off the gas...

Difference was UConn had several guys they could go to whenever they needed buckets

Come on...whether they let off the gas or not the Tigers could have just caved in but they fought. I was happy to see guts and heart out there. Jeremiah has more heart and mental toughness than any player on this team. Markel was a no show tonight, which was disappointing. I'm looking forward to next year. Let the Lawson's do what they will. Calling Alex (point guard from East high School) to come on down. Does anyone have any idea about the possibility of our team getting new basketball ? uniforms? A new beginning in Tiger basketball. Let's do this, Tigernation!
02-23-2017 11:08 PM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

I agree, they showed some heart tonight..
02-23-2017 11:08 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:08 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  I agree, they showed some heart tonight..

Yes! Let's pack the forum Sunday because this will be a huge game against Houston for us Tiger fans.
02-23-2017 11:16 PM
Advertisement

TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:16 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 11:08 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  I agree, they showed some heart tonight..

Yes! Let's pack the forum Sunday because this will be a huge game against Houston for us Tiger fans.

You are quite positive. Are you the Tina who calls the post game show? If not, no problem. Welcome to the board.
02-23-2017 11:25 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
They came alive...for a spell. And I like to look at it as if there were two games. We won the second one. The score at the half is meaningless.

[Image: shotzbury-cheerleader_zpsl3gicoju.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 11:35 PM by snowtiger.)
02-23-2017 11:34 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:25 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  

You are quite positive. Are you the Tina who calls the post game show? If not, no problem. Welcome to the board.

Right on, my guy! I am that Tina and I'm not afraid to express my love or displeasure with my Tigers! Thanks for welcoming me. Now, let's make this forum interesting and exciting again. Tubby will put Memphis back on the map, baby!
02-23-2017 11:36 PM
TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:36 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

Right on, my guy! I am that Tina and I'm not afraid to express my love or displeasure with my Tigers! Thanks for welcoming me. Now, let's make this forum interesting and exciting again. Tubby will put Memphis back on the map, baby!

I loved your calls into the post game show blasting josh. They were epic. I use to laugh and say man this lady has it figured out. Do you still call in? I'll make a point to listen from here on out.
02-23-2017 11:41 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:41 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 11:36 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

I loved your calls into the post game show blasting josh. They were epic. I use to laugh and say man this lady has it figured out. Do you still call in? I'll make a point to listen from here on out.

lol I still call in. I completely lost it when the team lost to UConn after having a 14 point lead at the half. I was pretty hard on KJ. Tiger basketball is back!! Who gives a crap what the naysayers think or believe otherwise.
02-23-2017 11:52 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
[Image: spirit_zpsl8vynukq.gif]
02-23-2017 11:54 PM
Tgrrfan Offline
Which way is she turning?

I Root For: Memphis & ND
(02-23-2017 10:51 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  They played hard but I think it had more to do with UConn letting off the gas...

03-idea Now I understand.
02-23-2017 11:57 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(02-23-2017 11:54 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  [Image: spirit_zpsl8vynukq.gif]

Typical Georgia Tech fan. I'm not the least bit surprised. Really, dude?
02-24-2017 12:01 AM
HobosHeroesStCornerClowns Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

I don't know what UConn had to do with Memphis' performance tonight but I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
02-24-2017 12:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.