To be updated as FBS games are announced

Sept. 2 - at Baylor

Sept. 8 - at Wake Forest
Sept. 22 - North Texas
Sept. 29 - at New Mexico

Sept. 28 - New Mexico

Sept. 5 - at Virginia Tech

Oct. 9 - at North Texas
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 12:44 PM by NewTimes.)
02-19-2017 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Curtisc83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty U/TXST
RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated
Since 2018 is pretty close I wonder how fast LU will get a schedule together.
02-20-2017 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
2018 only needs three FBS schools so I don't think it will be a problem. I imagine we'll play most, if not all, of the Big South schools like Coastal did. At least McCaw should have lots of FBS contacts.
02-20-2017 09:17 AM
NewTimes Offline
Back in the Sunshine State

I Root For: 'Canes & Flames
(02-20-2017 09:17 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  2018 only needs three FBS schools so I don't think it will be a problem. I imagine we'll play most, if not all, of the Big South schools like Coastal did. At least McCaw should have lots of FBS contacts.
GEandMTS, feel free to move this post to the Important Threads section. That way it will stay at that position for all to see and be highlighted. And as the schedules expands all can see it in a moment.
02-20-2017 08:04 PM

army56mike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
LU football FBS games - to be updated
I thought it was three FBS home games?
02-21-2017 12:10 AM
Ewglenn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
(02-21-2017 12:10 AM)army56mike Wrote:  I thought it was three FBS home games?

Three in the second transition year (2018) and five after that (2019,2020,...)
02-21-2017 01:08 PM
NewTimes Offline
Back in the Sunshine State

I Root For: 'Canes & Flames
Well this bites that there will not be enthusiastic discussion and listings of FBS teams as LU signs FB playing agreements. And, LU could be in the same position that JMU is or Idaho, which makes the school very fortunate.
03-03-2017 11:00 AM

Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Gillville
From a Q&A posted on the Liberty Champion.

Q: During your press conference announcing the move, you mentioned 14 different FBS teams contacted you about scheduling. Has that number increased?

A: We have a lot of active conversations going on right now.

I’m not even sure I could put a number on it.

But we’re certainly speaking with a lot of schools from a scheduling standpoint.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 07:41 PM by Liberty Fan.)
03-03-2017 07:41 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
The more the merrier. I imagine a lot of schools want what they believe to be an easy win to reach bowl eligibility but our location doesn't hurt. We aren't far from Washington, DC and Virginia has a decent population so there are a lot of potential eyes to watch us whether it is future recruits or future students.

I know a scheduling agreement has been rumored with a potential conference. I think we can easily eliminate the P5 conferences, the AAC, and the Mountain West. I don't think the MAC would be receptive or else they would have invited us to be a football-only member when UMass was football-only.

Of the remaining two, I am not feeling strongly that the Sun Belt would want to help us out but they have schools with the most incentive (in my mind) to have a scheduling agreement with us. They have lower budget schools like ULM who basically sell themselves out and have no home non-conference games and play mostly pay games aside from FCS games. If we played some games at their place and filled up some November games then it's win-win, especially if we paid them a little money to get it done and they wouldn't have to have a "controversial" school like Liberty as a full member. I'm still skeptical after our back and forth with the conference, though their schools have been much more willing to schedule us in all sports as compared to C-USA.

C-USA seems like they'd be much warmer about LU but we've never had much interaction with their schools except ODU when they were transitional. Charlotte was rumored for a Big South football-only membership when they were restarting football and then got an invite to C-USA basically immediately so it never materialized. ODU's AD was on record as wanting another VA school in C-USA so maybe we could fill a small niche by playing them yearly and the rest of the eastern schools in a rotation.

Any conference scheduling agreement seems rather remote and this is completely hypothetical but it's fun to think about. I can see UMass and New Mexico State agreeing to something long term. BYU, Army, and Notre Dame don't seem to be having a problem with schedules.
03-03-2017 09:09 PM
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Gillville
Here's a good article on LU scheduling.

"One question that has been asked is how are FBS schools going to respond to Liberty being a member of their division? Will Liberty struggle to find schools willing to schedule them? The answer is surprisingly no" .........................

https://sportspolitico.com/2017/03/04/li...-it-means/
03-13-2017 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.