Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oct 17 is a week from Monday--what are the odds....
f1do Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BYU
Oct 17 is a week from Monday--what are the odds....
that the Big 12 does like they said they hoped and either have candidates they want to invite to the Big 12 conference ready to announce at the meetings or put an end to the charade of expansion for the time being?

I have to think that if they do expand and add new teams, it will not be for 2017 since we are now less than a year away from that season starting. Seems like 2018 is more feasible.

Sorry, no new twitter rumors about new conferences forming or who is in or out to report. 04-chairshot
10-06-2016 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
RE: Oct 17 is a week from Monday--what are the odds....
I don't think the Big 12 announces anything until the end of the season
10-06-2016 05:02 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-06-2016 04:38 PM)f1do Wrote:  that the Big 12 does like they said they hoped and either have candidates they want to invite to the Big 12 conference ready to announce at the meetings or put an end to the charade of expansion for the time being?

I have to think that if they do expand and add new teams, it will not be for 2017 since we are now less than a year away from that season starting. Seems like 2018 is more feasible.

Sorry, no new twitter rumors about new conferences forming or who is in or out to report. 04-chairshot

There's still time for 2017. But not much.
10-06-2016 05:03 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-06-2016 05:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 04:38 PM)f1do Wrote:  that the Big 12 does like they said they hoped and either have candidates they want to invite to the Big 12 conference ready to announce at the meetings or put an end to the charade of expansion for the time being?

There's still time for 2017. But not much.

I think if they don't do it on or around Oct. 17, then it won't happen for 2017. OTOH, they have already pushed any candidate teams into a time frame less than a year, so the exit fee won't be impacted any more than it already is.

But they have to announce the 2017 schedule before long. That usually happens in October or November, IIRC.
10-07-2016 11:15 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Odds of a decision being announced by the Big 12 BoD on (or near) Oct 17?

I'll go 50/50.
10-07-2016 01:04 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2016 01:04 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  Odds of a decision being announced by the Big 12 BoD on (or near) Oct 17?

I'll go 50/50.

I still think they add 4, or at least two. But it has to be on or soon after the 17th.
10-07-2016 04:38 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I would wager you're one of the very few who still thinks they're adding four. Maybe the only one.
10-07-2016 04:57 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2016 04:57 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  I would wager you're one of the very few who still thinks they're adding four. Maybe the only one.

Yep. That's me. Odd man out. 04-cheers

Let me put it this way. I'm still convinced they add two, for sure, and I think there is a decent chance they add 4, although I think THAT is what they have been struggling with, which prompted the dog and pony show. BYU threw a wrench in their plans. And before that, so did the Texas governor.

But I have no confidence in their timing. They have been diddling with expansion much longer than just July, contrary to popular opinion. Heck, they have been public about it since July of 2015.

I don't think ANYBODY is going to guarantee they will expand at all. I'm not. They are dysfunctional to the max when making decisions. But I don't see how they go through all this garbage and do nothing, and leave $400M or $800M on the table.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 05:11 PM by TripleA.)
10-07-2016 05:07 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Chuck Carlton Retweeted Luke Manderfeld
Prevailing opinion. Had an industry source this week put the odds of Big 12 expansion at 70-30 against.
Chuck Carlton added,

Luke Manderfeld @LukeManderfeld
Iowa State President Steven Leath to @iowastatedaily on Big 12: "I feel less likely that we’ll expand right now.” #Big12Expansion
10-07-2016 05:11 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2016 05:11 PM)bullet Wrote:  Chuck Carlton Retweeted Luke Manderfeld
Prevailing opinion. Had an industry source this week put the odds of Big 12 expansion at 70-30 against.
Chuck Carlton added,

Luke Manderfeld @LukeManderfeld
Iowa State President Steven Leath to @iowastatedaily on Big 12: "I feel less likely that we’ll expand right now.” #Big12Expansion

If you read the article associated with that tweet, Leath explains that he feels it is less likely b/c he thinks OU has moved farther away from expansion, but he also said he wouldn't really know until all 10 presidents got together in one room on the 17th.

Reminds me of the OU AD saying expansion was dead, just before the presidents voted unanimously to move forward. Boren has not publicly declared one way or the other, and he said that last week when Mandel reported Boren had reversed his stance. They aren't going to say jack until after that meeting, one way or the other.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 05:18 PM by TripleA.)
10-07-2016 05:15 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

All tweets, articles, blogs, etc on Big 12 expansion are dead to me.

The Iowa St president just said he doesn't know how it's going to go down until all 10 get in a room.

It's 50/50. Some prez could rally them either way. Anyone claiming otherwise is not a prez and thus had a useless "prevailing" opinion. 07-coffee3
10-07-2016 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.