Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UConn President absent at White House, private plane tracked from CT. to Big 12 HQ
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
UConn President absent at White House, private plane tracked from CT. to Big 12 HQ
I was reluctant to post this without more confirmation, but once it was able to be confirmed, this news is very important.

As many of you know, the President hosts winning sports teams, including this year's NCAA women's champions, UConn. The schedule, obviously, is set by the White House, given the incredibly busy schedule that has to be maintained, UConn has known of the date in years past.

The UConn president attended in 2013, 2014, and 2015.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/arti...ampionship

President Herbst did not attend this time.

A plane was tracked from Bradley International Airport, located 20 miles from Storrs to Addison, Texas. That is the airport that the Big 12 and the cigars in the Big 12 use.

Oh, UConn also had their huge UConn STEM day. President Herbst was not there for that.

Things just got real.
05-11-2016 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: UConn President absent at White House, private plane tracked from CT. to Big 12 HQ
I wouldn't be surprised if the UConn President met with Big XII officials. The Big XII is definitely shopping, and UConn is definitely being looked at. That doesn't mean they will get an invite for necessarily, but there are some discussions, I'm sure.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 12:55 PM by Hokie Mark.)
05-11-2016 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
RE: UConn President absent at White House, private plane tracked from CT. to Big 12 HQ
I'm looking at the UConn event calendar and don't see any specific thing for a STEM event. I see a lot of dissertation defenses...can't fault a president not wanting to stick around to see those.
05-11-2016 12:58 PM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
UConn would be stupid to not try and get a spot in the BigXII if the BigXII is talking expansion. Doesn't mean they'll get in, but they'd be stupid not to at least try.
05-11-2016 01:04 PM
lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
Sorry, but you are NOT turning down a White house invite. This article says that the President is not attending, not the UConn President.

You are grasping for straws, or just strait trolling...
05-11-2016 01:09 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
BE4 hates uconn
05-11-2016 01:10 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(05-11-2016 01:09 PM)lance99 Wrote:  Sorry, but you are NOT turning down a White house invite. This article says that the President is not attending, not the UConn President.

03-lmfao

Obama meeting with Big 12 officials?
05-11-2016 01:17 PM
TheyCallMeBruce Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UConn
(05-11-2016 01:09 PM)lance99 Wrote:  Sorry, but you are NOT turning down a White house invite. This article says that the President is not attending, not the UConn President.

What? Obama was there yesterday to meet with the team. Herbst was not, but has been every other year.
05-11-2016 01:18 PM
HartfordHusky Online
1st String

I Root For: UCONN

The headline was that Obama will miss seeing the Huskies nearly annually since he'll be out of office for their next championship.
05-11-2016 01:24 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
OP needs to be banned for trolling. When do we grow up?
05-11-2016 01:25 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(05-11-2016 01:25 PM)miko33 Wrote:  OP needs to be banned for trolling. When do we grow up?

Pot. Kettle. Black.
05-11-2016 01:36 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(05-11-2016 01:17 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Obama meeting with Big 12 officials?

'Murica! to the Big XII
05-11-2016 01:40 PM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

RE: UConn President absent at White House, private plane tracked from CT to Big 12 HQ
Yes, as others have pointed out:

The President of the United States, President Obama, met with the Uconn team at the White House. Uconn dignitaries were there, including their AD and members of the Board of Trustees. All except the President of Uconn, President Susan Herbst.

So of course President Obama met with the team. HOWEVER, the Uconn president did not attend the event. She has attended every other championship presidential meeting. Who turns down the chance to meet the President?

[Image: p073113ps-0739.jpg]
In this picture she is standing in the blue dress next to Geno Auriemma.

That is her in the chiffon dress, on the right . Also in the picture is the chairman of the Board of Trustees, Larry McHugh, and the AD at the time Warde Manuel.:
[Image: WHOUSE14-9.jpg]

Contrast with this year's picture:
[Image: uconn-womens-basketball-president-obama-...k=L4knkZBy]

She is not there. The chairman of the board of trustees and the current AD, Benedict, are there.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 01:54 PM by BE4evah.)
05-11-2016 01:45 PM
miko33 Offline

(05-11-2016 01:36 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 01:25 PM)miko33 Wrote:  OP needs to be banned for trolling. When do we grow up?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Curious response, but so be it. If this is how you want to present yourself to others, no skin off my nose.
05-11-2016 01:54 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
uconn is always the bridesmaid...never the bride...accept it.
05-11-2016 01:54 PM
miko33 Offline

(05-11-2016 01:45 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Yes, as others have pointed out:

The President of the United States, President Obama, met with the Uconn team at the White House. Uconn dignitaries were there, including their AD and members of the Board of Trustees. All except the President of Uconn, President Susan Herbst.

So of course President Obama met with the team. HOWEVER, the Uconn president did not attend the event. She has attended every other championship presidential meeting. Who turns down the chance to meet the President?

[Image: p073113ps-0739.jpg]
In this picture she is standing in the blue dress next to Geno Auriemma.

That is her in the chiffon dress, on the right . Also in the picture is the chairman of the Board of Trustees, Larry McHugh, and the AD at the time Warde Manuel.:
[Image: WHOUSE14-9.jpg]

Contrast with this year's picture:
[Image: uconn-womens-basketball-president-obama-...k=L4knkZBy]

She is not there. The chairman of the board of trustees and the current AD, Benedict, are there.

I wouldn't put it past you to photoshop the 2016 picture in an attempt to troll, but I won't go so far as to accuse you of doing something like that.
05-11-2016 01:55 PM
Advertisement

mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
Maybe she figures she will have to go there 2 next year when the men's and women's bb teams win dual national championships.....again.
05-11-2016 02:04 PM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

There are prior years' photos, showing her attendance. Of note, President Obama obviously leaves office this year, so this is the last chance for such a meeting. As most know, President Herbst is a HUGE supporter of Obama and progressive causes in general, having cut her teeth as a political science professor. Her absence is hugely telling.

The Uconn haters always come out in force, but the facts are the facts.
05-11-2016 02:05 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(05-11-2016 02:05 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  There are prior years' photos, showing her attendance. Of note, President Obama obviously leaves office this year, so this is the last chance for such a meeting. As most know, President Herbst is a HUGE supporter of Obama and progressive causes in general, having cut her teeth as a political science professor. Her absence is hugely telling.

The Uconn haters always come out in force, but the facts are the facts.

This is just weird.
05-11-2016 02:16 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
BREAKING:

I drove past Big 12 headquarters like I do every day for work and there were 3 cars instead of the usual 2 cars in the parking lot.
05-11-2016 02:19 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.