Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's BB Offers Standout College Division II Transfer
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Men's BB Offers Standout College Division II Transfer
Verbalcommiits reports that Toledo has offered College Division II standout, 6-6 Wing Player, Max Strus who has just announced his request to transfer from Lewis University. Strus just completed his sophomore season where he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds per game and is up for Division II All American honors. He had a 52 point game earlier this year where he hit 12 for 14 from three point range. DePaul has also offered. He will have two years of playing eligibility remaining.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2016 01:18 PM by Basketball Jones.)
03-18-2016 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

RE: Men's BB Offers Standout College Division II Transfer
(03-18-2016 01:17 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Verbalcommiits reports that Toledo has offered College Division II standout, 6-6 Wing Player, Max Strus who has just announced his request to transfer from Lewis University. Strus just completed his sophomore season where he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds per game and is up for Division II All American honors. He had a 52 point game earlier this year where he hit 12 for 14 from three point range. DePaul has also offered. He will have two years of playing eligibility remaining.
Sounds like a great pickup especially since being a DII transfer he could play right away (correct me on this if I am wrong rules might have changed)
03-18-2016 05:40 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(03-18-2016 05:40 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
(03-18-2016 01:17 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Verbalcommiits reports that Toledo has offered College Division II standout, 6-6 Wing Player, Max Strus who has just announced his request to transfer from Lewis University. Strus just completed his sophomore season where he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds per game and is up for Division II All American honors. He had a 52 point game earlier this year where he hit 12 for 14 from three point range. DePaul has also offered. He will have two years of playing eligibility remaining.
Sounds like a great pickup especially since being a DII transfer he could play right away (correct me on this if I am wrong rules might have changed)

Tough sales job--come here instead of DePaul. Not impossible, though. Wouldn't a scholarship need to be freed up?
03-18-2016 06:20 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-18-2016 06:20 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Tough sales job--come here instead of DePaul. Not impossible, though. Wouldn't a scholarship need to be freed up?

DePaul's program is in free fall. He might see the floor more but it'll be for an awful team.
03-18-2016 06:33 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

I believe that he will have to sit out next season. You don't have to sit out if you transfer to a lower division, but I think you do if you transfer to a higher division. This does not include junior college transfers who can play right away.
03-18-2016 10:01 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(03-18-2016 06:20 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Yes, a scholarship would have to be freed up, but that's never been a concern in the past. K can find someone to cut if he thinks he can get a better player.
03-19-2016 06:34 AM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(03-18-2016 10:01 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  

I believe that he will have to sit out next season. You don't have to sit out if you transfer to a lower division, but I think you do if you transfer to a higher division. This does not include junior college transfers who can play right away.
I did look it up it looks like if I read the rule correctly DII he would have to sit out DIII he would not (bot of course dIII does not have athletic scholarships)
03-19-2016 08:03 AM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

Can he play defense?
03-19-2016 01:13 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-19-2016 01:13 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Can he play defense?
Can he play what?
03-19-2016 03:14 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-19-2016 03:14 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-19-2016 01:13 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Can he play defense?
Can he play what?

If he were to make 12 out of 14 three-point attempts every game I wouldn't care as much about his defense. 03-lmfao
03-19-2016 03:22 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Scored 666 points this season. DePaul may have the edge in recruiting as they can offer an exorcism.
03-19-2016 03:41 PM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(03-19-2016 03:41 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Scored 666 points this season. DePaul may have the edge in recruiting as they can offer an exorcism.
LMAO
03-19-2016 07:37 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

Connor Tava leaving WMU. He's going to graduate and wants to go somewhere else for his MBA. Speculation on the WMU Board is that he's headed for DePaul.

Tava was an absolute Rocket killer. Glad we won't face him again. Missed this season due to injuries but if he's healthy enough he will give somebody a solid season. So, if DePaul lands both Tava and this D-II all-star, they could start climbing back out of obscurity.
03-19-2016 09:16 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-19-2016 09:16 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Connor Tava leaving WMU. He's going to graduate and wants to go somewhere else for his MBA. Speculation on the WMU Board is that he's headed for DePaul.

Tava was an absolute Rocket killer. Glad we won't face him again. Missed this season due to injuries but if he's healthy enough he will give somebody a solid season. So, if DePaul lands both Tava and this D-II all-star, they could start climbing back out of obscurity.

Bad for WMU good for us. They were about to be loaded next year.
03-19-2016 10:37 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Well tava can only play next yr, the mysterious program changing division 2 transfer can't play division 1 next yr. He will be a rs. Can tava transfer to us?
03-20-2016 02:53 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-20-2016 02:53 AM)pono Wrote:  Well tava can only play next yr, the mysterious program changing division 2 transfer can't play division 1 next yr. He will be a rs. Can tava transfer to us?

He CAN, but he won't. He says his reason is that he wants to get his MBA at a different school in order to have a more diversified resume. I don't understand how he can do that, though. I thought you could only do the fifth year- play immediately thing if you went to a school in a program not offered at your current school. WMU has an MBA program. Tava won't go in the MAC, IMO, because he seems very grateful to Hawkins for his only schollie offer. He may pick a higher profile school to improve his shot at a pro career, but he sounds like he plans to move on into the business world after his MBA.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 05:49 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-20-2016 05:41 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2016 05:41 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-20-2016 02:53 AM)pono Wrote:  Well tava can only play next yr, the mysterious program changing division 2 transfer can't play division 1 next yr. He will be a rs. Can tava transfer to us?

He CAN, but he won't. He says his reason is that he wants to get his MBA at a different school in order to have a more diversified resume. I don't understand how he can do that, though. I thought you could only do the fifth year- play immediately thing if you went to a school in a program not offered at your current school. WMU has an MBA program.

Technically, the rule uses the widely encompassing "degree" (not the narrowly descriptive "major") but I still don't get it. An article I read quotes the Stanford coach saying he has lost several players to grad transfer. What degree does Stanford not offer?
03-20-2016 06:53 AM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

In other news, St. John's Jesuit sophomore Vincent Williams (6-5 wing), who has a scholarship offer from Toledo, was named the Toledo Blade Player of the Year. He averaged 15.2 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.6 steals, and 1.2 blocked shots per game while committing only 1 turnover per game. Dayton and Purdue have expressed interest in him, so it will be interesting to see if he stays home or goes to a bigger school.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 02:46 PM by RocketBBallFan.)
03-20-2016 02:38 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2016 01:17 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Verbalcommiits reports that Toledo has offered College Division II standout, 6-6 Wing Player, Max Strus who has just announced his request to transfer from Lewis University. Strus just completed his sophomore season where he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds per game and is up for Division II All American honors.

Where is he from originally?
03-20-2016 03:06 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(03-20-2016 03:06 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(03-18-2016 01:17 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Verbalcommiits reports that Toledo has offered College Division II standout, 6-6 Wing Player, Max Strus who has just announced his request to transfer from Lewis University. Strus just completed his sophomore season where he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds per game and is up for Division II All American honors.

Where is he from originally?

He is from Hickory Hills, Illinois (Chicago area)
03-20-2016 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.