UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BR: The Secret Home of Blue-Chip Recruits: How Coach Bill Clark Is Resurrecting UAB
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation BR: The Secret Home of Blue-Chip Recruits: How Coach Bill Clark Is Resurrecting UAB
01-28-2016 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

RE: BR: The Secret Home of Blue-Chip Recruits: How Coach Bill Clark Is Resurrecting UAB
Fantastic article. Thank you Coach Clark, can't wait for 2017.
01-28-2016 09:12 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
RE: BR: The Secret Home of Blue-Chip Recruits: How Coach Bill Clark Is Resurrecting UAB
That's really well-written and well-reported. What the hell is it doing on bleacher report?
01-28-2016 09:51 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
Adam Kramer is their lead national football writer.
01-28-2016 09:53 AM
Rocket City Blazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!!
Amazing
01-28-2016 10:24 AM
oldragon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Great story of great leadership. Wish we had this type of character in all our leadership positions...
01-28-2016 10:29 AM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Anybody have any concerns that some of our recruiting secrets are being leaked to the public with these type articles?

Just wondering.

Same type deal with publicizing who we are recruiting, etc. (I know the media does the same thing as part of their responsibilities)
01-28-2016 10:37 AM
ChattanoogaBlazr Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Da Blazers
Man that's strong !!!
01-28-2016 10:38 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Thank you. Just thought it needed to be put out there.

(jk. I know you are talking about the article)
01-28-2016 10:41 AM
82blazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(01-28-2016 10:37 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Anybody have any concerns that some of our recruiting secrets are being leaked to the public with these type articles?

Just wondering.

Same type deal with publicizing who we are recruiting, etc. (I know the media does the same thing as part of their responsibilities)

The ones discussed in the article have already signed or else they wouldn't be able to talk about them specifically
01-28-2016 10:59 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

understood. Talking about the unsigned & possibly uncommitted recruits.
01-28-2016 11:08 AM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(01-28-2016 10:29 AM)oldragon Wrote:  Great story of great leadership. Wish we had this type of character in all our leadership positions...

You might even call it "visionary leadership." Assessing what can be done and making full use of those resources and opportunities, instead of whining about what can't be done.

Clark is showing that there is no excuse for UAB not to be excellent in every facet.
01-28-2016 11:09 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Every civic and business leader in metro Birmingham should read this article. This should be required reading for every media member in B'ham as well.

Amazing, well-written piece of journalism.
01-28-2016 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Fabulous article. Thank God Coach Clark is at UAB. So grateful for all he does.
01-28-2016 11:33 AM
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-28-2016 11:09 AM)58-56 Wrote:  
(01-28-2016 10:29 AM)oldragon Wrote:  Great story of great leadership. Wish we had this type of character in all our leadership positions...

You might even call it "visionary leadership." Assessing what can be done and making full use of those resources and opportunities, instead of whining about what can't be done.

Clark is showing that there is no excuse for UAB not to be excellent in every facet.

Brother 58-56 has again nailed the story. It's easy for us to blame the gumps on the BOT, and God knows they have done everything they can to drown the baby before it gets out of the crib, but their greatest crime is foisting third rate leadership on our school. Beginning with Bennett, we have had people who were the opposite of the visionaries who built UAB and brought Coach Bartow to campus. Even Reynolds and Garrison were less visionaries and more folks who make existing things work.

For the first time since Coach Bartow and Harry Walker, we have coaches who can see beyond what is and do what it takes to get there. I think you can also argue that for the first time since the '70's we have local leadership in our community that wants to see beyond the moronic power plays at city hall and the county commission to do what's right for our community and will fight to see it happen.

I'm watching all this from the DC area, where I'm in exile for 4 more years. The kind of visionary leadership I'm seeing is making me eager to come back home.
01-28-2016 11:37 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-28-2016 11:08 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  understood. Talking about the unsigned & possibly uncommitted recruits.

None were mentioned in this article. There is literally nothing stopping the publishing of unsigned commits or recruiting targets. Every recruit in the country posts their offers on Facebook & Twitter; Rivals, Scout, 247, and dozens of other recruiting websites share this info freely. Every school in the nation is in the same boat, so it's a level playing field.
01-28-2016 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Welcome to the big leagues. I'd far rather other schools be lusting after our recruits instead of looking at the list and going "Ewww!".
01-28-2016 12:02 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We host recruiting receptions and Clark smiles a lot. Hardly recruiting secret strategies
01-28-2016 12:08 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(01-28-2016 12:08 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  We host recruiting receptions and Clark smiles a lot. Hardly recruiting secret strategies

Great, now everybody knows it. How could you post this on a public forum?
01-28-2016 12:09 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

To continue the discussion, explain the so called silent commitments.
01-28-2016 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.