Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congatulations Oklahoma, you're in the playoff
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The Notre Dame argument died on the foot of that Stanford kicker

Oklahoma winning the Big XII in blowout fashion assures the Big XII of a playoff spot.

Now Ohio State waits and watches to see if North Carolina can upset Clemson
11-28-2015 11:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
RE: Congatulations Oklahoma, you're in the playoff
(11-28-2015 11:14 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  The Notre Dame argument died on the foot of that Stanford kicker

Oklahoma winning the Big XII in blowout fashion assures the Big XII of a playoff spot.

Now Ohio State waits and watches to see if North Carolina can upset Clemson

True
11-28-2015 11:16 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
I'm not so sure UNC wouldn't vault to number 4 if they can lay the wood on Clemson. We have to see where they are positioned after this weekend. It would appear OSU is ahead of Stanford at the moment. Tough division, but OSU was inconsistent all year with the exception of today. Plus they lost at home to a backup QB. If UNC can win by two scores, I like them in the number 4 hole behind Bama, Iowa/MSU, OU, ???
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:19 PM by RUScarlets.)
11-28-2015 11:18 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(11-28-2015 11:18 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  I'm not so sure UNC wouldn't vault to number 4 if they can lay the wood on Clemson. We have to see where they are positioned after this weekend. It would appear OSU is ahead of Stanford at the moment. Tough division, but OSU was inconsistent all year with the exception of today. Plus they lost at home to a backup QB. If UNC can win by two scores, I like them in the number 4 hole behind Bama, Iowa/MSU, OU, ???

HAhaha, poor Rutgers fans
11-28-2015 11:19 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-28-2015 11:14 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  The Notre Dame argument died on the foot of that Stanford kicker

Notre Dame was beaten by a face mask penalty. But it didn't matter anyway as OK has clearly clinched a playoff spot. ND couldn't get in unless OK lost.
11-28-2015 11:21 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
If UNC blows out Clemson then they might jump enough but UNC probably needed to blow out NC State as well and that did not happen. In regards to Oklahoma though, I am thoroughly impressed by that team. Their LB, Striker is something special. He affects the play damn near every time he blitzes and when he drops back he is a pretty good coverage LB.

Their RB's are special, I hope Perine heals up just fine for their first match up in 5 weeks. Their QB though, I am sorry but when I watch him I see Manziel and that is a compliment because everything that was negative about Manziel is positive when it comes to Mayfield. I don't know what kind of shot he will get in the Pro's because of his size and Manziel's mediocre output but he is a star at college ball.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:26 PM by He1nousOne.)
11-28-2015 11:22 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(11-28-2015 11:22 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  If UNC blows out Clemson then they might jump enough but UNC probably needed to blow out NC State as well and that did not happen.

exactly what I was thinking.
11-28-2015 11:23 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
(11-28-2015 11:22 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  If UNC blows out Clemson then they might jump enough but UNC probably needed to blow out NC State as well and that did not happen.
UNC needs Alabama to lose as well, and even then it might be doubtful. I'd be interested to see how much Florida State jumps after beating Florida tonight.
11-28-2015 11:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nimbus Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
God i hope UNC doesn't make the playoff.
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
But there is no question that Oklahoma has already wrapped up a spot in the playoffs. Rightfully so.
He1nousOne Offline

(11-28-2015 11:25 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  
UNC needs Alabama to lose as well, and even then it might be doubtful. I'd be interested to see how much Florida State jumps after beating Florida tonight.

Florida State will probably jump to #9, maybe #8 if Baylor falls below them. Considering how mediocre Florida has been since they lost their QB, I don't see FSU jumping Baylor.
11-28-2015 11:29 PM
Advertisement

EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I think if they win, it will come down to a committee decision between North Carolina and Ohio State...honestly I think NC will have enough momentum to get in as 12-1 ACC Champs

The ACC and B1G championship games are essentially playoff games
11-28-2015 11:29 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I really don't think FSU and Stanford have an argument with two losses, albeit close ones. Clemson was ugly today as well. OSU is the team to watch, but they would not be a conf champ. So it would come down to UNC as an ACC champ versus OSU. I would vote for OSU unless UNC dominates the game. Tall order.
11-28-2015 11:30 PM
He1nousOne Offline

Ohio State is in an interesting position. I think their dominating win over Michigan at The Big House in a game that everyone knows always brings out the best in both teams, well that shows that Ohio State finally played ball as we knew they could. To do that right now, at the end of the season strikes shades of last season and how well they could perform in the CFP. If Clemson falters against UNC, I don't know if that will be enough to propel UNC into the CFP or if it simply slips OSU up into the CFP as the second Big Ten team.

It could go either way, we don't have enough information yet to project. We need the new rankings. From what I am seeing though, I am only seeing UNC move up to #11...maybe #10. That means jumping up to #4 would be huge even after a win against the #1 team Clemson. With the way Clemson barely squeaked past a 3 win South Carolina team....a team that beat UNC, that could hurt UNC. Florida State's win over Florida helps but I am not sure how much just yet.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:34 PM by He1nousOne.)
11-28-2015 11:31 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

There is no way UNC can pass OSU or Stanford this week based on who they played and how they played. Even passing FSU this week is a stretch, even though there is no chance FSU can get into the playoff. But UNC will be in the top ten this week because of who lost.
11-28-2015 11:35 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I would not be shocked at all if on Tuesday night, Alabama is #1 instead of Clemson. Which would make UNC's situation even worse.
11-28-2015 11:36 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
UNC has no chance. They cannot pass Ohio State.
11-28-2015 11:38 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

No they don't, and Alabama isn't losing....

FSU just dominated Florida...can you imagine what Alabama is going to do??

If North Carolina wins, the argument becomes NC or Ohio State?
11-28-2015 11:38 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(11-28-2015 11:35 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  There is no way UNC can pass OSU or Stanford this week based on who they played and how they played. Even passing FSU this week is a stretch, even though there is no chance FSU can get into the playoff. But UNC will be in the top ten this week because of who lost.

North Carolina is not guaranteed a top ten spot. They didn't crush NC State.

They will pass Florida, Oklahoma State and Michigan. That is all that is guaranteed. That puts them at #11. Do they pass Baylor and Notre Dame? That is where the question lies. How that plays out will tell us exactly what the Committee thinks of UNC and how possible it will be for them to slip into the CFP with a win over Clemson. If they don't get put above Baylor and Notre Dame then it is very possible that a win over Clemson wont be labeled as a statement of UNC's strength but instead a statement about Clemson not being as strong as everyone thought due to how they looked against South Carolina.
11-28-2015 11:39 PM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I was disappointed in the defense (especially at the end of the game) and upset at the loss.

But, Oklahoma's win made this game meaningless regarding the playoffs.

I think ND is going to the same bowl game at 10-2 as it would have at 11-1.

ND had a great season at 10-2 with all the injuries with the two losses on the road, both by two points.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:41 PM by TerryD.)
11-28-2015 11:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.