WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Back to back MI MAC Champs vs Chimps and EMpew
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Back to back MI MAC Champs vs Chimps and EMpew
I'm reading the Slappy site and notice the really dense ones like Chimpfule are giddy over yesterday's amazing win at Akron 03-lmfao

There are a host of teams in the MAC that are just awful. Miami, EMU, Kent, and Akron lead the pack. All have poor QB play (although Bahl at Miami is going to be good), and the Chimps got them all in the East. Teams are figuring CMU out as seen yesterday. To say they have no ground game is an overstatement. For all intents Akron just dropped 7 in coverage, rushed 3, and still got pressure. Chimps were held to a pedestrian 14 points. Akron has no offense what so ever or might have won.

Point being, this is what you will see until Bono is able to recruit a RB, and some depth on the Oline. ......and there lies the problem. Bono has a very small recruiting class coming in, and none of them have multiple offers.

The QB position at CMU is scary bad. The back up to Pooper has had a career of concussion issues, and hasn't played significantly since his junior year of HS. The kid coming in from Kentucky is having a horrible senior year. The back ups on the Oline have been useless as of late. The QB and RB situation at Emu has a brighter future at this point than Centrals.

And finally, can Bono even recruit? Kaleb Perry, a top WR prospect is in his backyard
yet Fleck plucked him out from under his nose. Kennoy would have been a legacy recruit for Central, and a great replacement for Beamish. Yet he and his parents didn't give them a sniff.

Even this years game was deceiving. If you watch the first 17 minutes of that game Western squandered 28 points. Western was inside the 15 on four occasions in the 1st quarter and came out with ten points. Fact is that game could have been as lopsided as the EMU laugher.

Barring a plethora of injuries next year should be a fairly easy sweep of EMU and CMU. After that it could be truly scary. No, it won't matter if Fleck stays or not. Fleck is stockpiling talent. Bono will have to begin a recruiting rebuild starting next year. While Bono and Watts have shown they can get a more out Enos's talent, that have yet to show they can attract or spot talent. I simply don't see 18 year old kids getting excited over a low energy guy like Bono or an 80 year old OC.

That said, if UT loses its QB CMU could pull an NIU and sneak into the MAC West Championship, only to get thrashed by BG. Lord knows we'd all be sick to death if another crap team ended up representing the MAC or winning the West. We've seen it before though when Akron and UB won the league.

Bottom line, WMU and UT need to take care of business so the West has a "proper representative."

As for the future of the three MI MAC teams, WMU should own it on the field and in recruiting for the next 5 years.
11-01-2015 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
RE: Back to back MI MAC Champs vs Chimps and EMpew
(11-01-2015 12:46 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  That said, if UT loses its QB CMU could pull an NIU and sneak into the MAC West Championship, only to get thrashed by BG. Lord knows we'd all be sick to death if another crap team ended up representing the MAC or winning the West. We've seen it before though when Akron and UB won the league.

I would add last years NIU team to the list of crap teams that ended up winning the MAC. They were gifted a couple games they had no business winning, and then showed their true colors in their bowl game.
11-01-2015 01:19 PM
Brown and Gold Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Hopefully some of you guys appreciate this: http://www.hustlebelt.com/wmu-broncos/20...ampionship
11-02-2015 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(11-02-2015 11:15 AM)Brown and Gold Wrote:  Hopefully some of you guys appreciate this: http://www.hustlebelt.com/wmu-broncos/20...ampionship

Nice article.

Thanks for posting!

The Michigan MAC trophy, is not something to be taken for granted. WMU winning it back-to-back is significant and points to the positive direction the Bronco program is taking.

CMU and EMU fans aspire to have their programs at WMU's level.

Let'em dream! 04-rock
11-02-2015 11:35 AM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(11-02-2015 11:35 AM)GullLake Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 11:15 AM)Brown and Gold Wrote:  Hopefully some of you guys appreciate this: http://www.hustlebelt.com/wmu-broncos/20...ampionship

Nice article.

Thanks for posting!

The Michigan MAC trophy, is not something to be taken for granted. WMU winning it back-to-back is significant and points to the positive direction the Bronco program is taking.

Let'em dream! 04-rock

lol

What have you actually accomplished on the field that would make CMU fans aspire such a thing? Wait, I forgot about those recruiting championships...

Thanks.
11-02-2015 12:21 PM
GullLake Offline

(11-02-2015 12:21 PM)arrows80 Wrote:  

Nice article.

Thanks for posting!

Let'em dream! 04-rock

lol

What have you actually accomplished on the field that would make CMU fans aspire such a thing? Wait, I forgot about those recruiting championships...

Thanks.

Guess you missed the last two WMU-CMU games. 07-coffee3
11-02-2015 01:03 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 12:21 PM)arrows80 Wrote:  

Nice article.

Thanks for posting!

Let'em dream! 04-rock

lol

Thanks.

I can always tell when you guys know it's falling apart, you harken back to yesteryear. I know a guy who won 3 million in the lottery back in the 80s, he's been broke for several years. Still talks about his indoor pool as if it is relavent to his current state of affairs.

Notice how ineffective your Oline and RBs are. That's the future. Notice how Akron just sat on the pass and made your offense look average. You knew it was coming, and you know it's the future. Every team will do it. This years recruiting class sucks and it's almost full. Unless Bono strikes gold in next years class the future of CMU football will be no different than it was under Enos.

So mock "recruiting" if you'd like, even you know it's the most important part of a program's success. ETB and "quick twitch Tommy" on your site see it too, as Im sure you do as well.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 01:22 PM by Chipdip2.)
11-02-2015 01:15 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Thanks B&G! Hopefully no one notices how long Ive been in the bathroom.
11-02-2015 01:16 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Living rent free on a forum far far away. 04-rock

Going on 8 years since I was banned from their forum, yet like a long lost love, they can't stop thinking about me 03-cloud9. 16 posts and counting 03-lmfao

http://www.scout.com/college/central-mic...-defendant
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 01:59 PM by Chipdip2.)
11-02-2015 01:58 PM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

(11-02-2015 01:58 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Living rent free on a forum far far away. 04-rock

Going on 8 years since I was banned from their forum, yet like a long lost love, they can't stop thinking about me 03-cloud9. 16 posts and counting 03-lmfao

lol

..."can't stop MOCKING..."

...and rightfully so, with your response to my post in this thread being Exhibit A.

Thanks again.
11-02-2015 02:31 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:What have you actually accomplished on the field that would make CMU fans aspire such a thing?

WMU being 4-1 over CMU in the last 5 years. That 1 win CMU's had was when WMU with the coaching change couldn't tie its shoes on the field right, and it was Still a close game. :)

Treating WMU like the adopted brother of EMU when you're only 4-1 in the last half decade against them isn't a good idea. Just saying. :)
11-02-2015 02:45 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 02:31 PM)arrows80 Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 01:58 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Living rent free on a forum far far away. 04-rock

lol

..."can't stop MOCKING..."

...and rightfully so, with your response to my post in this thread being Exhibit A.

Thanks again.

I'll give you credit, you can at least engage in a dialogue. Chimpfule won't come here and engage me because he knows Id expose him For the dunce that he is.

I've engaged you guys on your forum, outnumbered 10 to 1, and the result is always the same. Whining and crying and begging the mod to return to the good old days of unfettered happy talk. The irony is, while they demand I stop posting there they can't stop reading it here and responding there..........cowards
11-02-2015 03:05 PM
GullLake Offline

For CMU fans still dumb enough to think their team is better than WMU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmDXFl_WH8

Check out the play at 2:28. LOVE IT!

WMU - Superior SPEED
WMU - Superior STRENGTH
WMU - Superior offensive SYSTEM
WMU - Superior SUPPORT
WMU - Superior SCHEDULE

That said, Bonamego has done a terrific job in Mount Pleasant. As he gradually incorporates his own offensive system (he has been quoted saying CMU will run a hurry-up spread-option like the last time it had a competent coaching staff), CMU will rise again.

For now, however, it has lost FOUR of the last FIVE to Western Michigan University.02-13-banana

Deal with it.
11-02-2015 03:40 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
Quote:DEAL WITH IT
11-02-2015 03:52 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

What I don't get is how these CMU fans can be SO inflated on their image of CMU football over WMU. I mean, I can understand adding in a "but" to defend themselves, sure. But they go out of their way in yesteryear, thinking WMU's like EMU in brown & gold outfits.

But covering the last 15 years (if you have to go back further, you're way living in the past):

1st block of 5 years: WMU 4-1 over CMU
2nd block of 5 years: CMU 5-0 over WMU
3rd block of 5 years: WMU 4-1 over CMU
COMBINED: WMU 8W, WMU 7W. WMU dominating 2 of the 3 5-year blocks, and CMU dominating 1 5-year block.

I don't get where CMU gets being so high on themselves.
11-02-2015 04:48 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 04:48 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  What I don't get is how these CMU fans can be SO inflated on their image of CMU football over WMU. I mean, I can understand adding in a "but" to defend themselves, sure. But they go out of their way in yesteryear, thinking WMU's like EMU in brown & gold outfits.

But covering the last 15 years (if you have to go back further, you're way living in the past):

1st block of 5 years: WMU 4-1 over CMU
2nd block of 5 years: CMU 5-0 over WMU
3rd block of 5 years: WMU 4-1 over CMU
COMBINED: WMU 8W, WMU 7W. WMU dominating 2 of the 3 5-year blocks, and CMU dominating 1 5-year block.

I don't get where CMU gets being so high on themselves.

You're treading on thin ice posting over there. Won't be long before their mod who never went to CMU, banishes you back to West Berlin.

As for yesteryear, every time their team is heading for the crapper they start waxing poetic about what used to be, and act as if it is happening now. On the flip side they project what may happen and act as giddy as if it has happened.
11-02-2015 04:55 PM
Advertisement

arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

How many championships have we won since 1988?

How many bowl wins do you have? Seriously, nothing is funnier than you looking down your noses at ANYONE.

You beat us by 2 points at you place, with your coach in year 3 of his tenure and our coach in the first year of his. The popular opinion here is that Enos couldn't recruit; what will happen when Bono has his guys?

Props for beating us this year. I encourage you: DON'T get used to it. Our guy can coach; yours can recruit. We all know how that turns out in the long run.

Oh, and about ShamWow - I said it here 3 years ago when Enos was our coach, and I damn sure will say it now: I'd rather lose with our guy than win with yours.
11-02-2015 07:47 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Arrow said:

"I'd rather lose with our guy than win with yours"

See Arrow. Dreams really do come true 03-cloud9

Nahhh, recruiting means nothing. That's why the Slappy's continue to dream that Rayshawn Wilborn and Travis Smith will show up on campus, "cause the MAC has never seen a recruit of their caliber" 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 08:09 PM by Chipdip2.)
11-02-2015 08:00 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

41-39

Stay salty, my friend.
11-02-2015 08:10 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:How many championships have we won since 1988?

We're better than you over the past 5 years. How long are you going to hold onto the past, man?

Quote:You beat us by 2 points at you place, with your coach in year 3 of his tenure and our coach in the first year of his.

More like 9, but we kneeled the ball and saved you from it. So really, 2 possessions, but we saved you the latter. You couldn't stop us and you were frustrated. Sorry, man. :)

We beat your last coach AT YOUR PLACE in his last year + your new coach at our place. Back to back, man. Savor it. Yum yum. :)

Quote:The popular opinion here is that Enos couldn't recruit; what will happen when Bono has his guys?

Enos could recruit. Last year, at your place, we beat you and you had all 3 of your best players. A stellar WR & RB. Enos let the purse snatcher he got from UM play. So don't play that game like you guys are working from nothing because of Enos. Pooper Flush is a great QB, you know that. You guys lost both games, at home with a coach settled in and on the road with the coach running with what was given to him. The new coach didn't come in to over take a losing team. Enos left because he wasn't a huge fan of being HC there and his seat was getting a little warm WITH good recruits, despite having a winning team his last year -- to be OC at a P5 which paid A Lot More.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 08:13 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-02-2015 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.