Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think Houston might be the AAC best team
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
Exclamation I think Houston might be the AAC best team
I think we could really go on a tear starting against Vandy. The rest of the opponents on the schedule don't really even come close to matching up with us talent wise and especially on defense. After yesterdays game I don't see anyone who can stop the potent offense we have and our defense is likely to shutdown the remaining opponents.

I understand Memphis and Cincy have scoring offenses but I really think we can shut them down. They haven't played a defense like ours. We made Louisville look bad and that was at Louisville. It is amazing that Herman has turned us into a real playoff contender in his first year.

Beat Vandy!

These are just my opinions
10-25-2015 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: I think Houston might be the AAC best team
While I think UH is very good, I'm not sure I'd base any opinion off of what you saw versus a hapless UCF squad.
10-25-2015 02:36 PM
CPR Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF
I agree, I think you guys get the access bowl this year.
10-25-2015 02:38 PM
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:36 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  While I think UH is very good, I'm not sure I'd base any opinion off of what you saw versus a hapless UCF squad.

It is how they responded after a bad quarter and half of bad football. We shut them down and were not even trying to score. I think it would be hard for ECU to put points up against our defense. We thrive on turnovers.
10-25-2015 02:40 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
(10-25-2015 02:33 PM)CFF1991 Wrote:  I think we could really go on a tear starting against Vandy. The rest of the opponents on the schedule don't really even come close to matching up with us talent wise and especially on defense. After yesterdays game I don't see anyone who can stop the potent offense we have and our defense is likely to shutdown the remaining opponents.

I understand Memphis and Cincy have scoring offenses but I really think we can shut them down. They haven't played a defense like ours. We made Louisville look bad and that was at Louisville. It is amazing that Herman has turned us into a real playoff contender in his first year.

Beat Vandy!

Ole Miss' defense allows fewer yards per game and the same number of points per game as Houston. They've played Memphis, Texas A&M, Florida, and Bama....just saying.

Temple and Memphis both have better wins than Houston. Louisville is 3-4. Ole Miss is ranked.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 02:43 PM by transitt.)
10-25-2015 02:42 PM
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:42 PM)transitt Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 02:33 PM)CFF1991 Wrote:  I think we could really go on a tear starting against Vandy. The rest of the opponents on the schedule don't really even come close to matching up with us talent wise and especially on defense. After yesterdays game I don't see anyone who can stop the potent offense we have and our defense is likely to shutdown the remaining opponents.

Beat Vandy!

Ole Miss' defense allows fewer yards per game and the same number of points per game as Houston. They've played Memphis, Texas A&M, Florida, and Bama....just saying.

Temple and Memphis both have better wins than Houston.

The Ole Miss I saw last night play would of never lost to Memphis. I am glad that you won because it will be a great win for us when we win in Houston. Memphis is dead last in passing defense. That will doom you against teams like Houston.

Congrats to Memphis though because when Lynch and Fuente leave this system we will find out if Memphis can keep this success going. I don't see a QB on your roster that can do what Lynch is doing for you guys.
10-25-2015 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army

Beat Vandy!

Made Louisville look bad? That was their best offensive game of the season other than their FCS opponent.

Tennessee Tech scored more against you then they have against an FBS team in like 15 years.

The strength of Houston's Defense is forcing turnovers. Do that and your in business. If Memphis doesn't turn the ball over, and make Houston drive the length of the field by winning the field position battle you may be in for a surprise.

Not knocking Houston. I love out AAC brethren. I'm just correcting your comments.

You have play Tennessee Tech, Louisville, UCF, Texas State, Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane.

Vanderbilt isn't good either. Houston may only play 4-5 bowl teams the whole season compared to 8-9 for Memphis.

Don't knock other teams until you play them. We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to it!
10-25-2015 02:47 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Beat Vandy!

Temple and Memphis both have better wins than Houston. Louisville is 3-4. Ole Miss is ranked.

Ole Miss is a great win, but it will eventually be irrelevant to the decision of whether the Tigers are better than the Coogs. Memphis and Houston will play. The winner of the game will be considered the better team. End of story.
10-25-2015 02:49 PM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

(10-25-2015 02:47 PM)CFF1991 Wrote:  

Beat Vandy!

The Ole Miss I saw last night play would of never lost to Memphis. I am glad that you won because it will be a great win for us when we win in Houston. Memphis is dead last in passing defense. That will doom you against teams like Houston.

Congrats to Memphis though because when Lynch and Fuente leave this system we will find out if Memphis can keep this success going. I don't see a QB on your roster that can do what Lynch is doing for you guys.

Brady is 6'4. Has a great arm and an even better running game. He is being developed as we speak. I don't know if he'll be able to do what Lynch does overall but he's very good.
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:47 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  

Beat Vandy!

Made Louisville look bad? That was their best offensive game of the season other than their FCS opponent.

Tennessee Tech scored more against you then they have against an FBS team in like 15 years.

The strength of Houston's Defense is forcing turnovers. Do that and your in business. If Memphis doesn't turn the ball over, and make Houston drive the length of the field by winning the field position battle you may be in for a surprise.

Not knocking Houston. I love out AAC brethren. I'm just correcting your comments.

You have play Tennessee Tech, Louisville, UCF, Texas State, Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane.

Vanderbilt isn't good either. Houston may only play 4-5 bowl teams the whole season compared to 8-9 for Memphis.

Don't knock other teams until you play them. We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to it!
Not knocking other teams but I haven't seen anything from most of the other teams that they will have an answer for Ward.
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
I thought "my team is the best for uhh reasons probably" threads were for the offseason
Advertisement

TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
You guys may well be right, but how can you say things like "our defense is likely to shutdown the remaining opponents?" What great offenses has Houston faced yet? Tulsa is it.

And your best win is still Louisville. Ole Miss is much better, and BGSU and UC probably are.

Meanwhile, Memphis has faced 4 offenses in the top 11: BGSU, Tulsa, UC and Ole Miss.

I just think it's way too soon to be claiming victory.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 02:52 PM by TripleA.)
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
The battle of the two AAC High School teams is going to be epic.
10-25-2015 02:50 PM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

(10-25-2015 02:49 PM)TripleA Wrote:  You guys may well be right, but how can you say things like "our defense is likely to shutdown the remaining opponents?" What great offenses has Houston faced yet? Tulsa is it.

Meanwhile, Memphis has faced 4 offenses in the top 11: BGSU, Tulsa, UC and Ole Miss.

I just think it's way too soon to be claiming victory.

Most Houston fans aren't.
10-25-2015 02:50 PM
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:49 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 02:47 PM)CFF1991 Wrote:  

Beat Vandy!

Brady is 6'4. Has a great arm and an even better running game. He is being developed as we speak. I don't know if he'll be able to do what Lynch does overall but he's very good.
His offer list isn't impressive and you can't bank on finding Paxton Lynch type QBs from guys with bad offer list.
10-25-2015 02:51 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

13th Grade Bowl 2015

Memphis vs Houston
10-25-2015 02:51 PM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I think Houston has a better defense and is a better team.

Paxton Lynch is a 1000 times better than Case.

Still defense wins games like this.

No one can stop Greg Ward Jr. Memphis gets good penetration but the dude just cannot be contained.

I hate Houston and am a closet Memphis fan but I think UH is the better team.
10-25-2015 02:53 PM
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:51 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  13th Grade Bowl 2015

Memphis vs Houston

You mad because we don't consider you a rival?
10-25-2015 02:53 PM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

(10-25-2015 02:49 PM)CFF1991 Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 02:47 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  

Beat Vandy!

Not knocking other teams but I haven't seen anything from most of the other teams that they will have an answer for Ward.

Again, you haven't played anyone yet, and you haven't played near the schedule Memphis has. I pointed out your opponents. Show me one game that make you think, Houston is going to stop Memphis' offense for the duration of a game.

Also, Houston's passing attack isn't scary. It's not better than Tulsa's, it's not better than Cincinnati's, it's not better than BGSU's, it's not better then Ole Miss'.

Ward definitely presents problems. He can create, extend, and make happen, mostly with his legs.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 02:57 PM by Tigermaniac.)
10-25-2015 02:57 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: I think Houston might be the AAC best team
Off season thread for sure. A few houston fans really are scared and need validation. Stay in line boys. You will get your chance
10-25-2015 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.