Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

congrats to fiu (and wku)
Bookmark and Share
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
congrats to fiu (and wku)
tip of the ol' ballcap to fiu. very impressed as i checked my cbs sports app last night during our game and saw your score.

i'm very happy for your fans and our conference's fans. a nice start for our conference to let the other guys know last year was no fluke out of conference.

there's been some hate spit out at fiu and fau by some folks but to go into orlando on opening night and to win in clutch fashion should shut up the naysayers.

our boy wkuyg has said several times to watch out for fiu and last night shows he was correct in that assessment. i'm going to try and make the game when we come down in november since it falls the weekend before a basketball tourney we're playing in, in the sunshine state.

if i had driven to nashville instead of riding with a group i would have been tempted to leave at halftime last night but i'm glad i didn't. i'd heard from a good source that our offensive coordinator was very pissed with the way our offense had performed the last couple weeks of camp. hopefully last night shrunk their bigassed heads down a little bit and they'll be more open to listening to the staff this week in prep for la. tech.

tip of the cap to utsa as well. they acquitted themselves pretty damn fine on the road against a heavy favorite.

i know there are several threads i could have posted this in but in these days where everyone loves to jump on negativity i wanted the fiu fans to be able to enjoy as much positivity as they can.

good work amigos.
09-04-2015 07:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fish Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
RE: congrats to fiu (and wku)
Thanks for the kind words. FIU and WKU had some good games back in the Sun Belt days. I am quite excited to see what the FIU defense can do against the strong WKU offense. Looking forward to that one. Great win, WKU. Always good to beat an SEC team, regardless of who they are.
09-04-2015 07:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
was a great job by all cusa teams playing last night.....kudos and 04-cheers to that!
09-04-2015 07:27 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-04-2015 07:12 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  tip of the ol' ballcap to fiu. very impressed as i checked my cbs sports app last night during our game and saw your score.

i'm very happy for your fans and our conference's fans. a nice start for our conference to let the other guys know last year was no fluke out of conference.

there's been some hate spit out at fiu and fau by some folks but to go into orlando on opening night and to win in clutch fashion should shut up the naysayers.

our boy wkuyg has said several times to watch out for fiu and last night shows he was correct in that assessment. i'm going to try and make the game when we come down in november since it falls the weekend before a basketball tourney we're playing in, in the sunshine state.

if i had driven to nashville instead of riding with a group i would have been tempted to leave at halftime last night but i'm glad i didn't. i'd heard from a good source that our offensive coordinator was very pissed with the way our offense had performed the last couple weeks of camp. hopefully last night shrunk their bigassed heads down a little bit and they'll be more open to listening to the staff this week in prep for la. tech.

tip of the cap to utsa as well. they acquitted themselves pretty damn fine on the road against a heavy favorite.

i know there are several threads i could have posted this in but in these days where everyone loves to jump on negativity i wanted the fiu fans to be able to enjoy as much positivity as they can.

good work amigos.

Well said, just reading between the lines it does sound like our offense especially WR's got a big head during the off season, I think Doughty was fine last night, just WRS have to step up, OL better at run blocking and rbs finding holes better...Now that we have this on tape, I hope our offense realizes they just cannot show up and expect to get it done automatically anymore...Really wish I could have been there last night, but my trip will be to IU this year...
09-04-2015 07:27 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
Thanks 'beed. I caught the 4th qtr of your game and I have to say that WKU D stood tall. D was said to be the weak link last season, they look much improved. The O just needs to stop focusing on the high expectations and play like they know they can. Looking forward to the game in MIA.

PS. UTSA is solid.
09-04-2015 07:40 AM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Tip my hat to FIU. I knew you guys are always on the fense of being better than average depending on a few key recruits or breaks..... Looks like it might be your year again
09-04-2015 08:53 AM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Impressive start guys 04-cheers
09-04-2015 08:55 AM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Great opening day for CUSA football! Congrats!
09-04-2015 08:59 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I have to admit I was surprised FIU won, I knew they had a solid D but was not sure about the offense. Looks like both Florida schools might be sleepers this season.
Overall good showing by CUSA last night including UTSA making Arizona having to work hard for a win.
Looks like we are all in for a interesting season. Hoping that every team makes their opponent earn the win if they should come out with a L.
09-04-2015 10:44 AM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Dahbeed, always good to "hear" from you. Thanks for the kind words, as it's been incredibly hard for us FIU fans to withstand so much heartbreak, yet we come back and back for more. A group of Panther fans that were with me watched with pride the result of WKU's win and UTSA's good game vs. Arizona. C-USA looking good. Again, thanks to you, dahbeed and to all fellow C-USA fans for the kind words.

Go C-USA!
09-04-2015 08:29 PM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

i am making the trip to Flordia in November as well to the FIU game and then to the Gulf Coast Basketball Tourney
09-04-2015 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.