Sun Bowl Dec. 26 Georgia Tech vs. Arizona
St. Petersburg Dec. 26 Houston vs. Marshall
Hawaii Bowl Dec. 24 Ohio+ vs. BYU+
Bahamas Bowl Dec. 24 Louisiana Tech vs. Bowling Green
GoDaddy.com Dec. 23 N. Illinois vs. Appalachian State
Poinsettia Bowl Dec. 23 Utah State vs. Texas State+
Boca Raton Bowl Dec. 22 Memphis vs. W. Michigan
Idaho Potato Dec. 22 Akron vs. Troy+
Miami Beach Dec. 21 East Carolina vs. Middle Tenn.
New Orleans Dec. 19 Southern Mississippi vs. UL Lafayette
Camellia Bowl Dec. 19 Toledo vs. Georgia Southern
Royal Purple Dec. 19 San Diego State vs. Utah
New Mexico Bowl Dec. 19 Rice vs. Colorado State
Cure Bowl Dec. 19 Temple vs. Ark. State

+ - Replacement team. * - Teams have accepted bid. One member of the Group of Five (American Athletic Conference, MAC, Mountain West, Conference-USA and Sun Belt) will be selected to play in the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl. If Army is bowl-eligible, it will play in the Armed Forces Bowl. If Navy is bowl-eligible, it will play in the Poinsettia Bowl. If BYU is bowl-eligible, it will play in the Miami Beach Bowl.
08-12-2015 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
RE: CBS bowl projections for this season
This singles the start of the most depressing season for the fans of most teams that post on this forum ..................the actual season.

That dreaded time when everyone to finds out 'whats in your teams wallet" on the field.

Don't worry the season will be over and you can return to what most of you do best, which is try and do here what your team cannot........be relevant.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 07:12 PM by Seminole Indian.)
08-12-2015 07:12 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-12-2015 07:12 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  This singles the start of the most depressing season for the fans of most teams that post on this forum ..................the actual season.

That dreaded time when everyone to finds out 'whats in your teams wallet" on the field.

Don't worry the season will be over and you can return to what most of you do best, which is try and do here what your team cannot........be relevant.

"Seminole Indian" who roots for Texas?
08-12-2015 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Kind of interesting...
if final 4 was
1 Ohio St
2 TCU
3 Auburn
4 Clemson

with bowls being Cotton/Orange

I don't know that it would automatically be Ohio St going Orange to face Clemson, since Orange is home bowl for ACC.
08-12-2015 08:41 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
Interesting that he has 3 BigTen teams inContract / Access bowls.

Ohio ST in playoffs
Wisc in Rose.
Mich St in Peach
08-12-2015 09:15 PM
goofus Offline
All American

(08-12-2015 08:41 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Kind of interesting...
if final 4 was
1 Ohio St
2 TCU
3 Auburn
4 Clemson

I don't know that it would automatically be Ohio St going Orange to face Clemson, since Orange is home bowl for ACC.

I see your point but I don't believe it would be an advantage for Clemson. Ohio State will brings its share of fans.

It just makes so much more sense to put TCU/ Auburn in the Cotton and OSU/Clem in the orange. easier for all the fans.
08-12-2015 09:37 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(08-12-2015 08:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 07:12 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Don't worry the season will be over and you can return to what most of you do best, which is try and do here what your team cannot........be relevant.

"Seminole Indian" who roots for Texas?
Good catch. I was so focused on a Texas fan who imagines their team will be relevant that I missed that entirely.
08-12-2015 09:41 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(08-12-2015 01:34 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Quick Lane Bowl Dec. 28 N.C. State vs. Buffalo+

These MAC bowl pairings are interesting. They have 4 bowl eligible teams coming from the East (Buffalo, Akron, BG and Ohio) while only 2 from the MAC West.

That is something hard for me to see when year in and out the MAC West is better and Western Michigan is slated to have a good team.

That Quick Lane Bowl opening has Toledo's name all over it since they are only 50 miles away and will bring a ton of fans.

The way this reads is Akron is going to finish ahead of Ohio in the MAC standings and take a MAC bowl but Ohio has defeated Akron 7 straight years. Ohio under Solich has played bowls in Detroit, Mobile and Boise before so wouldn't be surprised to see them in a place like Hawaii if eligible.
08-12-2015 11:21 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Holiday Bowl Dec. 30 Iowa vs. Arizona State

I know this one wont garner a whole lot of interest around here but I would be ecstatic if this actually happened. San Diego for this game to kick start my New Year Celebrations? Yep, definitely.
08-13-2015 12:04 AM
BruceMcF Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(08-12-2015 11:21 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  The way this reads is Akron is going to finish ahead of Ohio in the MAC standings and take a MAC bowl but Ohio has defeated Akron 7 straight years.
Yup, the way that reads, its expecting Akron to have the break-out year they were threatening last year, and for OhioU to have the break-down year that they sometimes threaten.
08-13-2015 12:12 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
It would be interesting to see Boise State hands USC a heavy blow in a lost. USC is the major haves of the groups of the haves. USC and UCLA are the crop team of the PAC 12. Stanford and Oregon are like Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor and TCU in from the Big 12.

The bowl people would love to have USC, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida State, Miami Florida and Tennessee in the title games. There are have nots in the P5 schools as we speak.
08-13-2015 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(08-13-2015 12:12 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 11:21 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  The way this reads is Akron is going to finish ahead of Ohio in the MAC standings and take a MAC bowl but Ohio has defeated Akron 7 straight years.
Yup, the way that reads, its expecting Akron to have the break-out year they were threatening last year, and for OhioU to have the break-down year that they sometimes threaten.

The last 4 years have been a drop in win total for Ohio. From 10 to 8 to 7 to 6. I think observers are looking at that more than the program set a record this year for 15 2016 commits before the 4th of July.

Ohio's QB unit is more veteran this year with the top 3 guys all back for this season. One 5th year senior and 2 4th year Juniors

Recruiting at Ohio is reaching new heights with the Indoor Practice Facility. The school is also another year or so away from making a major addition to Peden Stadium for an academic center.

It has taken Ohio a while to back Solich's success with upgraded facilities. There were so many issues when he started with the program such as no fundraising club in place. The last 4 years since winning against Utah State in the Potato Bowl have seen a lot of changes. Blackout Jersey's, Chairbacks Installed, Indoor Practice Facility, New Turf, Updated Locker Room, Closed Circuit TV in the stadium, then the academic center and upgraded videoboard starting next year.

If anything the school is tacking on more distance from the Akron's of the conference. Football season ticket holders were up 11% (6-6) last year and 10% (10-20) in basketball. Led the MAC in football, basketball, volleyball and baseball attendance last season.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 01:15 AM by Kittonhead.)
08-13-2015 01:10 AM
goofus Offline
All American

(08-13-2015 12:04 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Holiday Bowl Dec. 30 Iowa vs. Arizona State

I know this one wont garner a whole lot of interest around here but I would be ecstatic if this actually happened. San Diego for this game to kick start my New Year Celebrations? Yep, definitely.

yes, Holiday Bowl would be awesome for Iowa. Iowa fans would take it happily. Of course, it almost happened last year, until Iowa blew a big lead against Neb, and lost in overtime.

A couple things had to happen in this year's fantasy for Iowa to get that Holiday Bowl spot. first the Big Ten is sending 3 teams to Contract/access bowls, and Iowa still finishes ahead of Neb and Minn.
08-13-2015 03:06 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(08-13-2015 12:04 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Holiday Bowl Dec. 30 Iowa vs. Arizona State

I would love this game for the Hawkeyes too. Cheers!
08-13-2015 06:55 AM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(08-12-2015 11:21 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 01:34 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Quick Lane Bowl Dec. 28 N.C. State vs. Buffalo+

These MAC bowl pairings are interesting. They have 4 bowl eligible teams coming from the East (Buffalo, Akron, BG and Ohio) while only 2 from the MAC West.

That is something hard for me to see when year in and out the MAC West is better and Western Michigan is slated to have a good team.

Western Michigan is in the projections, against the AAC's Memphis in Boca Raton.
08-13-2015 06:59 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(08-12-2015 09:37 PM)goofus Wrote:  
if final 4 was
1 Ohio St
2 TCU
3 Auburn
4 Clemson

I see your point but I don't believe it would be an advantage for Clemson. Ohio State will brings its share of fans.

It just makes so much more sense to put TCU/ Auburn in the Cotton and OSU/Clem in the orange. easier for all the fans.

It would've been correct to have Ohio St v Oregon in the Rose Bowl and Alabama v Florida St in the Sugar Bowl, last season. But they didn't do it.

So don't expect much to be done "for the fans". It will strictly be based on the #1 - #4 rankings.
08-13-2015 09:52 AM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
NIU in the access bowl, it's not like it'll be our first =)
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2015 08:02 PM by Stay Cool.)
08-18-2015 08:02 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Buffalo, huh? I know the MAC East is going to improve a lot over the next several years, but Buffalo with their new coach hopping right into bowl-eligibility, eh? Their new coach is a D3 God in coaching, but still. Big difference from D3->D2->FCS->FBS. Would be cool if they were a decent team in his first year.
08-18-2015 08:57 PM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
No Arizona Bowl 29 Dec?
08-18-2015 09:56 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(08-13-2015 09:52 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 09:37 PM)goofus Wrote:  
if final 4 was
1 Ohio St
2 TCU
3 Auburn
4 Clemson

It would've been correct to have Ohio St v Oregon in the Rose Bowl and Alabama v Florida St in the Sugar Bowl, last season. But they didn't do it.

So don't expect much to be done "for the fans". It will strictly be based on the #1 - #4 rankings.

The fact that it will be strictly based on the 1-4 rankings is 100% correct. Whether folks like it or not...

Now with regards to this year- I don't know that they're going to send the #1 team to the Orange Bowl to face the ACC champion(the ACC's home bowl)- in a game that was just done 2 years ago at the Orange Bowl. Even though TCU is #2, they are going to factor the most on the #1 seed, which would be Ohio St.
08-18-2015 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.