Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jay Walker on CCG Discussion, Expansion, Idaho/NMSU
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Voice of the Rajun Cajuns got on Jonesboro radio and gave a very illuminating discussion on the current state of matters.

http://www.953theticket.com/?p=8864

Also gave a long discussion on basketball scheduling.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 12:46 AM by chiefsfan.)
04-12-2015 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: Jay Walker on CCG Discussion, Expansion, Idaho/NMSU
He gave a pretty fair evaluation of Liberty that had me hopeful that if a couple things change then Liberty can find itself in the league.

Spoiler alert: These guys sure do love Karl Benson which is such a contrast to the general (or loudest) attitude around here.
04-12-2015 07:22 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-12-2015 07:22 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  He gave a pretty fair evaluation of Liberty that had me hopeful that if a couple things change then Liberty can find itself in the league.

Spoiler alert: These guys sure do love Karl Benson which is such a contrast to the general (or loudest) attitude around here.

The Cajun dude is the one stoking Benson.

The A-State guys wanted him fired for advocating in a SBC Women's Tourney halftime interview that the Sun Belt needed UALR to be the only team to make the NCAA Women's Tourney, so they could get a higher seed - implying that it would be better if A-State lost to UALR in the finals.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 07:34 AM by WinstonTheWolf.)
04-12-2015 07:33 AM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
The answer is now OBVIOUS.

Dump Idaho and NMSU and add UAB for basketball and Olympic sports.

This solves the uneven balance and travel partner issue for Basketball and Olympic sports and it significantly strengthens football by eliminating two of the worst performers. The only reason to keep NMSU is to hedge against a CUSA raid, but that does not appear likely. The conference could easily agree on this.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 08:05 AM by GSU Eagles.)
04-12-2015 07:49 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Wonder what UL folks think of him defending "Krazy Karl"?

It sounds like deregulation doesn't really end this league's conundrums at all.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 08:05 AM by EigenEagle.)
04-12-2015 08:01 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Listing to this really solidifies why we want JMU. They are the perfect travel partner for App thus making it easier on the rest of the league. I had written them off but I wonder if the league presidents have?
04-12-2015 08:23 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(04-12-2015 07:33 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 07:22 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  He gave a pretty fair evaluation of Liberty that had me hopeful that if a couple things change then Liberty can find itself in the league.

The Cajun dude is the one stoking Benson.

The A-State guys wanted him fired for advocating in a SBC Women's Tourney halftime interview that the Sun Belt needed UALR to be the only team to make the NCAA Women's Tourney, so they could get a higher seed - implying that it would be better if A-State lost to UALR in the finals.

It was funny listening to Keith try to formulate a response to that when he had just called for Benson's head a couple weeks earlier.
04-12-2015 08:24 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
Add: JMU, Mo. St.

Drop: Idaho

Rock On . . .
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 08:58 AM by Bobcat87.)
04-12-2015 08:58 AM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(04-12-2015 08:01 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Wonder what UL folks think of him defending "Krazy Karl"?

Most Cajun fans don't like it, but Karl is Jay's buddy, so not really surprising that Jay is defending him.
04-12-2015 09:49 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(04-12-2015 09:49 AM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 08:01 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Wonder what UL folks think of him defending "Krazy Karl"?

Most Cajun fans don't like it, but Karl is Jay's buddy, so not really surprising that Jay is defending him.

Jay backs those in power, he probably would have been a Tory in the revolutionary war.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 10:04 AM by CajunExpress.)
04-12-2015 10:04 AM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-12-2015 10:04 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  Jay backs those in power, he probably would have been a Tory in the revolutionary war.

Haha. Nice.
04-12-2015 10:56 AM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
His sneering at the success of the eastern schools smells of a desperate cologne.
04-12-2015 03:09 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
He made it clear a while back that App State and Ga Southern shouldn't be added to the Sun Belt. He preferred NMSU as an all sports member and 9 schools.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 03:42 PM by GSU Eagles.)
04-12-2015 03:41 PM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
(04-12-2015 10:56 AM)asuwon Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 10:04 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  Jay backs those in power, he probably would have been a Tory in the revolutionary war.

Haha. Nice.

Truer words could not describe Jay.

I enjoy him as voice of the Cajuns ... however, he is always going to side with university and conference officials.

It is difficult for him not to, for sake of his own self preservation as being employed in both capacities.

He would not dare be critical and bite the hands that feeds him!

Can't blame him, but I don't really consider him a true journalist because of this conflict of interest. Just a play by play guy, who is damn good at his job, and a great blog writer.

But if I had to guess, he realizes the shortcomings of Krazy Karl, just like we all do. Only an idiot can defend that buffoon with a straight face.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 03:59 PM by epiccajun.)
04-12-2015 03:58 PM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(04-12-2015 08:23 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Listing to this really solidifies why we want JMU. They are the perfect travel partner for App thus making it easier on the rest of the league. I had written them off but I wonder if the league presidents have?

Seems like a no-brainer:

Olympics
----------
App/JMU
GaSt/GaSo
Troy/USA
ULL/ULM
ArkSt/ UALR
UTA/TxSt

FB-East: App, JMU, GaSt, GaSO, Troy, USA
FB-West: ArkSt, Ull, Ulm, TxSt, NMSU, Idaho

Fixes BB travel
Football CCG
Balanced 8 game Football schedule
04-12-2015 04:26 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(04-12-2015 04:26 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 08:23 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Listing to this really solidifies why we want JMU. They are the perfect travel partner for App thus making it easier on the rest of the league. I had written them off but I wonder if the league presidents have?

Seems like a no-brainer:

Olympics
----------
App/JMU
GaSt/GaSo
Troy/USA
ULL/ULM
ArkSt/ UALR
UTA/TxSt

FB-East: App, JMU, GaSt, GaSO, Troy, USA
FB-West: ArkSt, Ull, Ulm, TxSt, NMSU, Idaho

Fixes BB travel
Football CCG
Balanced 8 game Football schedule

Substitute Mo. St. For Idaho, and I think you have something most can live with . . .
No offense to Idaho, but they're just too far outside the SBC footprint . . . IMO

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 12 FB / 14 Oly . . . . .
Or 10 FB / 12 Oly format . . . . With the 12 member rule for a CG going out the window, we can add or not add, really does not matter . . . But if we're going to add, should definitely be the best available program(s),which to me is JMU and Mo. St.
If they still don't want to come, they may be stuck for a long time . . . . Which goes for the rest of us as well, so it seems to me, best thing to do is build the best conference possible . . . . Can I get an AAAAA MEN?
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 05:19 PM by Bobcat87.)
04-12-2015 05:09 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
It will be a very intestesting Spring meeting for the conference in mid-late May this year. What complicates this some is that the decision on UAB is not scheduled to be made by CUSA until June 6.

I am just wondering if the Belt will do anything until it is known if CUSA is booting out UAB and if that is so will CUSA add a school to replace them to go back to 14 or just stay at 13. I don't see any chance of CUSA going to 16, so at the very most 1 Sun Belt school could be heading to CUSA.

I just don't know if the Belt is willing to cut Idaho loose until it is known if we are going to lose 1 team to CUSA.

All that being said I could easily live with a 10/12 Belt with 10 football teams and 12 olympic sport teams. It just makes great sense to bring UAB into the Belt for all sports if they are booted from CUSA.
04-12-2015 05:40 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(04-12-2015 05:40 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  It will be a very intestesting Spring meeting for the conference in mid-late May this year. What complicates this some is that the decision on UAB is not scheduled to be made by CUSA until June 6.

I am just wondering if the Belt will do anything until it is known if CUSA is booting out UAB and if that is so will CUSA add a school to replace them to go back to 14 or just stay at 13. I don't see any chance of CUSA going to 16, so at the very most 1 Sun Belt school could be heading to CUSA.

I just don't know if the Belt is willing to cut Idaho loose until it is known if we are going to lose 1 team to CUSA.

All that being said I could easily live with a 10/12 Belt with 10 football teams and 12 olympic sport teams. It just makes great sense to bring UAB into the Belt for all sports if they are booted from CUSA.

If CUSA goes down 1, they may not take a Belt school . . . JMU could be their next pick . . .
And while we'd all love to have UAB, no guarantee they come to the Belt if turfed by CUSA . . .
And yeah, I think both our May meetings, and CUSA's June meeting have the potential to be most interesting . . . .
04-12-2015 06:15 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
(04-12-2015 05:40 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  It will be a very intestesting Spring meeting for the conference in mid-late May this year. What complicates this some is that the decision on UAB is not scheduled to be made by CUSA until June 6.

The June 6th date for a UAB decision really puts the Sun Belt in a bind.

FCS to FBS moveups have a May 31 deadline. If CUSA pushes out UAB and adds a Sun Belt team(s), the Sun Belt won't be able to add another FCS team for two seasons (three for full FBS eligibility)
04-12-2015 06:19 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(04-12-2015 06:19 PM)NoDak Wrote:  

The June 6th date for a UAB decision really puts the Sun Belt in a bind.

FCS to FBS moveups have a May 31 deadline. If CUSA pushes out UAB and adds a Sun Belt team(s), the Sun Belt won't be able to add another FCS team for two seasons (three for full FBS eligibility)

Not really, unless the league added like 3 or 4 teams. If CUSA takes 1, we easily just play with 10 and 10. No need to expand.
04-12-2015 06:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.