Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scenarios for AAC Tourney
Bookmark and Share
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Scenarios for AAC Tourney
I'm hoping someone smarter than me can lay out the possibilities going forward. I really just want to avoid UConn.

From Tommy G:

Tom GelehrterVerified account ‏@Tommy_G

A win on Sunday for the #Bearcats vs Memphis would potentially mean a re-match versus the Tigers Friday night in Hartford. #RingOfRed

03-05-2015 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
RE: Scenarios for AAC Tourney
Right now it looks like UC will avoid UCONN, SMU, and Temple until the final. Likely will play Memphis then Tulsa.

03-05-2015 10:44 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Thursday morning 3/5 update

Thursday 3/12
(9) UCF vs (8) Tulane
(10) Houston vs. (7) ECU
(11) USF vs. (6) Memphis

Friday 3/13
UCF/Tulane vs.(1) SMU
(5) UConn vs (4) Temple
Houston/ECU vs (2) Tulsa
USF/Memphis vs. (3) Cincinnati

Seeding implications of tonights games:
Memphis @UConn
-UConn wins and locks up a first round bye in the AAC tourney and locks Memphis into the 6 seed
-Memphis wins and UConn and Memphis flip the 5 and 6 seeds.

No Implications in Temple @ ECU . both will remain in the 4 and 7 seeds regardless of out come

03-05-2015 10:44 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-05-2015 10:44 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Thursday morning 3/5 update

Thursday 3/12
(9) UCF vs (8) Tulane
(10) Houston vs. (7) ECU
(11) USF vs. (6) Memphis

Friday 3/13
UCF/Tulane vs.(1) SMU
(5) UConn vs (4) Temple
Houston/ECU vs (2) Tulsa
USF/Memphis vs. (3) Cincinnati

Seeding implications of tonights games:
Memphis @UConn
-UConn wins and locks up a first round bye in the AAC tourney and locks Memphis into the 6 seed
-Memphis wins and UConn and Memphis flip the 5 and 6 seeds.

No Implications in Temple @ ECU . both will remain in the 4 and 7 seeds regardless of out come

If ECU beats Temple tonight it locks UC into the 3 seed.

03-05-2015 10:46 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
We win on Sunday we are guaranteed the 3 seed due to tiebreaker with Temple. Would play the 3-6 game...win also would guarantee Memphis was the 6. We lose and Temple wins we would get the 4-5 game which would be either Memphis or Uconn.

03-05-2015 10:46 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-05-2015 10:46 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  We win on Sunday we are guaranteed the 3 seed due to tiebreaker with Temple. Would play the 3-6 game...win also would guarantee Memphis was the 6. We lose and Temple wins we would get the 4-5 game which would be either Memphis or Uconn.

In other words, beat Memphis and we've got a pretty significant shot at making the Finals.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:58 AM by BearcatMan.)
03-05-2015 10:56 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

The set up now is perfect .

UC in the 3
SMU in the 1
Uconn in the 5 (or 4)

No SMU or UConn til the finals
Memphis and Tulsa on a neutral court leading up
(baring upsets of course)

03-05-2015 11:00 AM
BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
I really like how that looks now. Lets stick with the 3 and hope UConn and SMU stay on the other side of the bracket.

03-05-2015 11:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(03-05-2015 10:56 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 10:46 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  We win on Sunday we are guaranteed the 3 seed due to tiebreaker with Temple. Would play the 3-6 game...win also would guarantee Memphis was the 6. We lose and Temple wins we would get the 4-5 game which would be either Memphis or Uconn.

In other words, beat Memphis and we've got a pretty significant shot at making the Finals.

Yessir.

03-05-2015 11:20 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The beauty of it all is that we KNOW they can beat any team in the league. No dreaded matchup in the final no matter who it is.

Would be nice to see this team go from the "bubble" to a really solid seed, by winning the Conf Tourney.

To steal a line from Major League "Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do.......win the whole fcuking thing!"

03-05-2015 11:35 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(03-05-2015 11:35 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  The beauty of it all is that we KNOW they can beat any team in the league. No dreaded matchup in the final no matter who it is.

Would be nice to see this team go from the "bubble" to a really solid seed, by winning the Conf Tourney.

To steal a line from Major League "Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do.......win the whole fcuking thing!"

UConn practically at home fighting for a spot in the NCAA Tournament is probably going to be as close to un-winnable as an AAC game can be now.

03-05-2015 11:49 AM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
(03-05-2015 11:49 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 11:35 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  The beauty of it all is that we KNOW they can beat any team in the league. No dreaded matchup in the final no matter who it is.

UConn practically at home fighting for a spot in the NCAA Tournament is probably going to be as close to un-winnable as an AAC game can be now.

I don't know about that. I think we matchup well with them and honestly we gifted them that game in Connecticut earlier in the season. Even though we beat them twice, I think SMU is the toughest task. Hard to beat Larry Brown three times and they definitely have a ton of talent.

03-05-2015 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Would it be any different than last night's game where UC beat an (arguably better) team on their home floor who was fighting for a Tournament spot AND a conference championship?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be tough. I'm just saying that they have beat all the better teams at least once already this year, so we know it's possible. Unlike some of the years in the Big East where they went into the the tournament knowing they didn't match up well or had no chance of beating the top teams.

03-05-2015 12:37 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(03-05-2015 12:37 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

Would it be any different than last night's game where UC beat an (arguably better) team on their home floor who was fighting for a Tournament spot AND a conference championship?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be tough. I'm just saying that they have beat all the better teams at least once already this year, so we know it's possible. Unlike some of the years in the Big East where they went into the the tournament knowing they didn't match up well or had no chance of beating the top teams.

Yes because UConn is more talented that Tulsa and has more pressure tested leadership than Tulsa...and also, they know UC way better than Tulsa does nowadays

03-05-2015 01:04 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

If UC is the 3 seed does that mean UC plays a late game next Friday night (I hope)?

03-05-2015 03:22 PM
Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(03-05-2015 03:22 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  If UC is the 3 seed does that mean UC plays a late game next Friday night (I hope)?

Last year they arranged the schedule so it allowed the home team Memphis to play the late game, which meant inverting the bracket.

I would assume they would do the same thing with UConn this year, meaning we would be slated to play in the early games (assuming they are the 4 or 5 seed). The good news about that is that it generally provides more rest than your opponent gets assuming you continue to win.

03-05-2015 03:29 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

(03-05-2015 03:22 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  If UC is the 3 seed does that mean UC plays a late game next Friday night (I hope)?

Championship Schedule

First Round - Thursday, March 12
Game 1: 3:30pm ESPNU - #8 seed vs #9 seed
Game 2: 6pm ESPNews - #7 seed vs #10 seed
Game 3: 8pm ESPNews - #6 seed vs #11 seed

Quarterfinals - Friday, March 13
Game 4: Noon ESPN2 - #1 seed vs Winner Game 1
Game 5: 2pm ESPN2 - #4 seed vs #5 seed
Game 6: 7pm ESPNU - #2 seed vs Winner Game 2
Game 7: 9pm ESPNU - #3 seed vs Winner Game 3

Semifinals - Saturday, March 14
Game 8: 3pm ESPN2 - Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5
Game 9: 5pm ESPN2 - Winner Game 6 vs Winner Game 7

Championship Game - Sunday, March 15
Game 10: 3:15pm ESPN - Winner Game 8 vs Winner Game 9

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 03:43 PM by Bearcat2012.)
03-05-2015 03:42 PM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
If UC won the AAC tourney I wonder how good our seed would be if we defeated Tulsa and SMU or UConn in the finals. We'd have 7-8 top 50 wins, a top 25 RPI and a really good SOS to go along with a great non conference SOS. 25-9. Should be a 5 or 6 seed but I bet we'd end up with a 7.

03-05-2015 05:00 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Crap. Memphis starts off up 12-2 at UCONN. Don't want UCONN in that 6 seed.

03-05-2015 09:24 PM
kellernr Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: basketball
The refs are letting UConn get away with murder. 2 tigers injured on consecutive possessions

03-05-2015 09:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.