Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach K is never mad
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Coach K is never mad
He needs to get mad at refs, get mad at his players when they mess up. Be mad we have 6 conference losses. If he isnt mad, then he isnt coaching enough for his players to mess up and get mad about. Either he isnt adressing guarding Simon, or he should be livid! Be mad when we take poor shots offensively! Be mad when we dont box out!!!!!!

Glad as heck I didnt go to CMU to watch us blow a large first half lead in a jiffy to get beat as bad as we have been beaten all season. This team can win the MAC tourney no doubt. But we've played good probably 4 times all year. That is unacceptable.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 08:56 PM by UofToledoFans.)
03-03-2015 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Coach K is never mad
More frustrating...our basketball team or our football team?

When will it end?
03-03-2015 08:58 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(03-03-2015 08:54 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  He needs to get mad at refs, get mad at his players when they mess up. Be mad we have 6 conference losses. If he isnt mad, then he isnt coaching enough for his players to mess up and get mad about. Either he isnt adressing guarding Simon, or he should be livid! Be mad when we take poor shots offensively! Be mad when we dont box out!!!!!!

Glad as heck I didnt go to CMU to watch us blow a large first half lead in a jiffy to get beat as bad as we have been beaten all season. This team can win the MAC tourney no doubt. But we've played good probably 4 times all year. That is unacceptable.

I feel bad for the 4 members of the Blue Crew who made the trip. I'm sure they're getting a bunch of crap as they're right near the rowdy student section.
03-03-2015 08:58 PM
rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
If they play for 40 minutes,they could win the tournament. I am not optimistic.
03-03-2015 08:59 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

When we play well, no one in this conference will beat us. But playing well entitles playing good defense... There are a hand full of teams in the conference that like to chuck up the threes. Kent, WMU, and CMU being some of them.... if those teams get open looks at us and hit... we will be at disadvantages. Hoping for some poor shooting days from opponents will be my thinking strategy.
03-03-2015 09:20 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

BGsux just blew it to Kent St. That means Toledo needs a win and a Kent vs. Akron loss to get the #2 seed.
03-03-2015 09:21 PM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

Coach K is never mad
(03-03-2015 09:21 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  BGsux just blew it to Kent St. That means Toledo needs a win and a Kent vs. Akron loss to get the #2 seed.

Also needs cmu to beat wmu. If cmu loses and falls into that 6 loss mess then we lose tiebreakers.
03-03-2015 09:22 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(03-03-2015 08:58 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 08:54 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  He needs to get mad at refs, get mad at his players when they mess up. Be mad we have 6 conference losses. If he isnt mad, then he isnt coaching enough for his players to mess up and get mad about. Either he isnt adressing guarding Simon, or he should be livid! Be mad when we take poor shots offensively! Be mad when we dont box out!!!!!!

I feel bad for the 4 members of the Blue Crew who made the trip. I'm sure they're getting a bunch of crap as they're right near the rowdy student section.

I dont, Blue Crew is annoying these days
03-03-2015 09:29 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I'm willing to give Coach K & this program--his program--2 more seasons of my support. He gets my respect for leaving a really secure job to come here and get what once was a very proud basketball program off of life support. I'm sure he thought that it would be another launching pad for his own career. And, though we have under-performed this season, and maybe even last season, we do still have a shot at 20 wins again this season. BUT...he hasn't been able to seal the deal (granted, he has a slim chance yet this season), and his teams have faltered inalmost every big game, and mental toughness had been missing. Now, we head into a new day of Rocket basketball, one in which several true freshmen will absolutely need to deliver if we are to fave a winning season next season. If the program slips these next 2 seasons, then it may be time to make another coaching change. By that point we will be approaching a 40-year absence from the big dance, and that should be unacceptable.
03-03-2015 09:31 PM
toledobigmike Offline
1st String

We've won 46 games and counting in two seasons and you're hinting at replacing our coach?!?! That's INSANE! Get a grip.
03-03-2015 09:41 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Fab 5 never won the national title... Had two shots, first as an underdog and then again as favorites. That coach was soon fired... When you have the best talent and a team picked 5th throws a club together that beats ya twice it's a problem.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 09:49 PM by UofToledoFans.)
03-03-2015 09:48 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(03-03-2015 09:29 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 08:58 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

I dont, Blue Crew is annoying these days

Curious, what makes you think that? What has changed?
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 09:56 PM by inductchuck16.)
03-03-2015 09:55 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-03-2015 09:41 PM)toledobigmike Wrote:  We've won 46 games and counting in two seasons and you're hinting at replacing our coach?!?! That's INSANE! Get a grip.

What, exactly, have those wins gotten us so far?

There's a reason they count wins and losses, no? It's to measure whether you A) win a MAC championship and B) get invited to the NCAA tournament.

If the program slips in the next 2 seasons--and by that I mean no MAC championships, no West Division championships, and one or god forbid two losing seasons, whether overall or even just in conference, I'm betting that yes, there will be a coaching change. It's a rough business.
03-03-2015 10:03 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(03-03-2015 09:48 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Fab 5 never won the national title... Had two shots, first as an underdog and then again as favorites. That coach was soon fired... When you have the best talent and a team picked 5th throws a club together that beats ya twice it's a problem.

For the record, the coach of the Fab Five, Steve Fisher, was not fired because of losing in the national championship games. He was fired because of an off-court scandal. Had the scandal not happened, I don't think he would have been fired.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 10:22 PM by RocketBBallFan.)
03-03-2015 10:10 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-03-2015 10:10 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 09:48 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Fab 5 never won the national title... Had two shots, first as an underdog and then again as favorites. That coach was soon fired... When you have the best talent and a team picked 5th throws a club together that beats ya twice it's a problem.

For the record, the coach of the Fab Five, Steve Fisher, was not fired because of losing in the national championship games. He was fired because of an off-court scandal. Had the scandal not happened, I don't think he would have been fired.

I know the story... but yes he may have been. UM is a tough business and they should have won a title with those teams..
03-03-2015 10:23 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

TK is not going anywhere. This program was a toilet with no interest in the community and now we are packing the place again. We once had a team that won 4 times all year and now we are complaining about four conference losses at home.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
03-03-2015 10:46 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(03-03-2015 10:46 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  TK is not going anywhere. This program was a toilet with no interest in the community and now we are packing the place again. We once had a team that won 4 times all year and now we are complaining about four conference losses at home.

I agree. In case my earlier post is being misread, I am saying let's see where we are after 2 more seasons. Can Coach K keep the momentum going, or do we slip back into .500 seasons or even losing seasons? Personally, I don't think any amount of good will and fond memories would surpass a return to losing seasons. Much of the team that contributed to these past 2 winning seasons will be gone. Time will tell if his recruiting will be good enough to keep us moving in the right direction.
03-03-2015 10:55 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-03-2015 10:46 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  TK is not going anywhere. This program was a toilet with no interest in the community and now we are packing the place again. We once had a team that won 4 times all year and now we are complaining about four conference losses at home.

Amazingly, that isn't true. I recall thinking "Why are all these people here? He'll, why am I here?" But there we were. We were, IIRC, still number two in attendance in the MAC in the Cross years. Think what we could do if TK pulls off an NCAA bid. But it won't happen next year or the year after so now would be nice.
03-03-2015 10:57 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
(03-03-2015 09:41 PM)toledobigmike Wrote:  We've won 46 games and counting in two seasons and you're hinting at replacing our coach?!?! That's INSANE! Get a grip.

Totally agree. Some of these people are nuts!
03-03-2015 11:14 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Coach K is a passionate coach. You don't need to be a jerk to be a good coach. Did you ever see Brad Stevens at Butler in prior years pull out the jerk card. It really is not necessary. Coach K has done a nice job in a classy way. That is excellent.

I wasn't sure how Toledo would replace Rian Pierson, and it still hasn't happened. Basically the team, except switching out Lemmons for Mosely, remains the same minus a really talented Pierson. Toledo has a talented class coming in, but a couple guys on the current team really need to fill some spots. Next year this team will be down Pierson, Drummond, Brown, and Weatherspoon from a 27 win team a year ago.

Are you sure it is the coach or his style? Nope.
03-03-2015 11:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.