Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Taliban is not a terrorist organization?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
http://buzzpo.com/white-house-taliban-no...anization/

Can we please for the love of God get this idiot out of office, he needs to be removed, I am 100 percent convinced this country and many other countries across the world cannot afford 2 more years of this joke. Serious people are needed to deal with serious problems.
01-28-2015 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(01-28-2015 07:39 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  http://buzzpo.com/white-house-taliban-no...anization/

Can we please for the love of God get this idiot out of office, he needs to be removed, I am 100 percent convinced this country and many other countries across the world cannot afford 2 more years of this joke. Serious people are needed to deal with serious problems.

+ infinity.
01-28-2015 08:20 PM
bigdhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu, bears
RE: Taliban is not a terrorist organization?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The empty suit continues to show he is empty headed......why on earth is anyone surprised at this point?? The agent of "Hope and Change" has proven to be just strange and out of touch with America and it's ideals. This man is destined to go down as one of the worst leaders (I use that word loosely) in American history.
And now we await Hillary....will she distance yourself from Obama as she builds her campaign chest??
01-28-2015 09:09 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(01-28-2015 09:09 PM)bigdhuskie Wrote:  The empty suit continues to show he is empty headed......why on earth is anyone surprised at this point?? The agent of "Hope and Change" has proven to be just strange and out of touch with America and it's ideals. This man is destined to go down as one of the worst leaders (I use that word loosely) in American history.
And now we await Hillary....will she distance yourself from Obama as she builds her campaign chest??

Hillary better be careful. If she builds her chest, Bill will grab it!
01-28-2015 09:25 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
What is the difference between Taliban and ISIS. they are terrorizing Afgans, Pakistanis, Syrians, Iraqs etc.

I know the reason. If Taliban is classified terrorists, then Obama did negotiate with terrorists when he released the 5 bad guys from Gitmo.
01-29-2015 09:25 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

You mean this Taliban:

http://www.cato.org/publications/comment...ed-taliban

Yet the Bush administration did more than praise the Taliban’s proclaimed ban of opium cultivation. In mid-May, 2001, Secretary of State Colin Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan..

It must be noted that in May 2001 we all knew that OBL and AQ had camps in Afghanistan....I wonder where that money really went...
01-29-2015 01:00 PM
Advertisement

GeorgeBorkFan Online
All American

I Root For:
(01-29-2015 01:00 PM)BobL Wrote:  You mean this Taliban:

Yet the Bush administration did more than praise the Taliban’s proclaimed ban of opium cultivation. In mid-May, 2001, Secretary of State Colin Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan..

It must be noted that in May 2001 we all knew that OBL and AQ had camps in Afghanistan....I wonder where that money really went...

So what does Bush being wrong have to do with Obama?
01-29-2015 01:31 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-29-2015 01:31 PM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 01:00 PM)BobL Wrote:  You mean this Taliban:

So what does Bush being wrong have to do with Obama?

First, it was before 9/11. At the time, they were in charge of Afganistan by force. It is almost 14 years later and the Taliban has killed or wounded thousands of U.S. soldiers.
01-29-2015 02:15 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Many have excused this presidents disasterous 6 years as him simply not being an effective leader, not being qualified, or just simply too political. I am starting to fear that something more sinister and frightening might be true, especially taking world developments over the past year. I really truly believe now, this president has an agenda that I would not exactly call pro-American. It is scary beyond words to me.
01-29-2015 07:26 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

looks like one of the taliban released by Obama for Bergdahl is looking to get bavk in tje fight
01-29-2015 07:28 PM
NIU17 Offline
All American

(01-29-2015 07:26 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Many have excused this presidents disasterous 6 years as him simply not being an effective leader, not being qualified, or just simply too political. I am starting to fear that something more sinister and frightening might be true, especially taking world developments over the past year. I really truly believe now, this president has an agenda that I would not exactly call pro-American. It is scary beyond words to me.

Another great quote from the all knowing MD. You are nuts!
01-29-2015 07:57 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-29-2015 07:57 PM)NIU17 Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 07:26 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Many have excused this presidents disasterous 6 years as him simply not being an effective leader, not being qualified, or just simply too political. I am starting to fear that something more sinister and frightening might be true, especially taking world developments over the past year. I really truly believe now, this president has an agenda that I would not exactly call pro-American. It is scary beyond words to me.

Another great quote from the all knowing MD. You are nuts!

I know that sounds out there, but the last year, with everything that has transpired, it really makes you wonder. It reminds me of one of those lifetime movies where the girls friend says "This guy is a madman" and everyone dismisses her as some wacky jealous friend, but by the end of the movie the guy shows his true colors and everyone realizes she was right. If this president doesn't have an anti-American agenda, he certainly at the very least sympathizes with those that do. I don't think that is controversial to say at all.
01-29-2015 08:02 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(01-29-2015 08:02 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I know that sounds out there, but the last year, with everything that has transpired, it really makes you wonder. It reminds me of one of those lifetime movies where the girls friend says "This guy is a madman" and everyone dismisses her as some wacky jealous friend, but by the end of the movie the guy shows his true colors and everyone realizes she was right. If this president doesn't have an anti-American agenda, he certainly at the very least sympathizes with those that do. I don't think that is controversial to say at all.

Good lord, man. haha Its only not-controversial in the ultra-nationalist circle-jerks you watch. Tell me the truth, how many hours a day on average are you either watching a political opinion (not general news) evening show or browsing conservative media online?
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 10:53 PM by niuguy.)
01-29-2015 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-29-2015 10:51 PM)niuguy Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 08:02 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I know that sounds out there, but the last year, with everything that has transpired, it really makes you wonder. It reminds me of one of those lifetime movies where the girls friend says "This guy is a madman" and everyone dismisses her as some wacky jealous friend, but by the end of the movie the guy shows his true colors and everyone realizes she was right. If this president doesn't have an anti-American agenda, he certainly at the very least sympathizes with those that do. I don't think that is controversial to say at all.

Good lord, man. haha Its only not-controversial in the ultra-nationalist circle-jerks you watch. Tell me the truth, how many hours a day on average are you either watching a political opinion (not general news) evening show or browsing conservative media online?

Trust me niuguy, that view is something that makes me terribly sad, honestly it does, and not something I arrive to carelessly. I have always thought far right wing people were nuts that proposed this, but it scares me that now I can see what they are talking about. We have better relations with a terrorist state Iran than we do with what is turning out to be our enemy in the region Israel. I cannot tell you how scary that is to me.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 12:06 AM by MaddDawgz02.)
01-29-2015 11:53 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
The current administration does not really want to fight the terrorists. They would rather pretend the terrorists do not exist. That's why they will not acknowledge the Taliban are terrorists. The Taliban are just people who sympathize with, support, and provide safe harbor to terrorists. But don't call them terrorists. Nothing to see here.

And they are not Muslim either.
01-30-2015 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(01-29-2015 11:53 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Trust me niuguy, that view is something that makes me terribly sad, honestly it does, and not something I arrive to carelessly. I have always thought far right wing people were nuts that proposed this, but it scares me that now I can see what they are talking about. We have better relations with a terrorist state Iran than we do with what is turning out to be our enemy in the region Israel. I cannot tell you how scary that is to me.

I'm sorry - I'm rejecting - completely - this entire narrative yall are putting forward regarding Israel. Israel is and continues to be our ally that we spend billions in supporting, but that doesn't mean we can't get pissed at them or call out their bull****. It also doesn't mean we can't try to improve relations with Iran...even if its hard.

Lets say my brother, whom I love dearly, pisses me off. I'll tell him.
Lets say I'm trying to improve working relationship with somebody I know at work. Now, we still don't agree but we're trying to work together.

Just because I'm telling my brother to quit being an idiot doesn't mean I like my coworker MORE.

The entire arguement you guys are making is that I like my coworker more than my brother.
01-30-2015 02:56 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(01-30-2015 02:56 PM)niuguy Wrote:  

I'm sorry - I'm rejecting - completely - this entire narrative yall are putting forward regarding Israel. Israel is and continues to be our ally that we spend billions in supporting, but that doesn't mean we can't get pissed at them or call out their bull****. It also doesn't mean we can't try to improve relations with Iran...even if its hard.

Lets say I'm trying to improve working relationship with somebody I know at work. Now, we still don't agree but we're trying to work together.

Just because I'm telling my brother to quit being an idiot doesn't mean I like my coworker MORE.

The entire arguement you guys are making is that I like my coworker more than my brother.

Poor analogy. What if your co-worker was threatening to destroy and kill your brother and is supporting the efforts of others to kill both him and you. You still going to kiss his arse?
01-30-2015 03:05 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-30-2015 02:56 PM)niuguy Wrote:  

No. Iran, Taliban, ISIS can not be trusted. Iran will never stop trying to build a nuclear weapon. Once they get it, they will be similar to N. Korea. FYI, N Korea wants $10 billion otherwise they will start acting up again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...South.html
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 03:21 PM by klake87.)
01-30-2015 03:20 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(01-30-2015 03:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Poor analogy. What if your co-worker was threatening to destroy and kill your brother and is supporting the efforts of others to kill both him and you. You still going to kiss his arse?

(01-30-2015 03:20 PM)klake87 Wrote:  No. Iran, Taliban, ISIS can not be trusted. Iran will never stop trying to build a nuclear weapon. Once they get it, they will be similar to N. Korea. FYI, N Korea wants $10 billion otherwise they will start acting up again.

I don't believe (and neither does the President, it seems) that Iran = N. Korea. The president has said, and I agree, that Iran is still a rational actor. Iran is a complicated country - much more so than N. Korea. Its not a traditional dictatorship. It's a country with some pretty deep divisions in their own internal politics. There are real reformers inside Iran but there are also hard liners. I share the President's view that the BEST shot we have to acheive the BEST outcome is to play the long game and slowly bring them into the fold. We still reserve the ability to take military action whether we choose a hard-line approach or continue what we're doing now. The difference, I believe is that the hardline approach only makes it more likely that this confrontation ends in war.
01-30-2015 03:27 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(01-30-2015 03:27 PM)niuguy Wrote:  
(01-30-2015 03:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Poor analogy. What if your co-worker was threatening to destroy and kill your brother and is supporting the efforts of others to kill both him and you. You still going to kiss his arse?

(01-30-2015 03:20 PM)klake87 Wrote:  No. Iran, Taliban, ISIS can not be trusted. Iran will never stop trying to build a nuclear weapon. Once they get it, they will be similar to N. Korea. FYI, N Korea wants $10 billion otherwise they will start acting up again.

I don't believe (and neither does the President, it seems) that Iran = N. Korea. The president has said, and I agree, that Iran is still a rational actor. Iran is a complicated country - much more so than N. Korea. Its not a traditional dictatorship. It's a country with some pretty deep divisions in their own internal politics. There are real reformers inside Iran but there are also hard liners. I share the President's view that the BEST shot we have to acheive the BEST outcome is to play the long game and slowly bring them into the fold. We still reserve the ability to take military action whether we choose a hard-line approach or continue what we're doing now. The difference, I believe is that the hardline approach only makes it more likely that this confrontation ends in war.

If you believe that Iran is a "rational actor", that's all I need to know. No more discussion from me.
01-30-2015 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.