UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

About time...Letter from NAS
blzr4life Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
Look what I just received. Maybe they are ready to finally represent us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Members of the UAB National Alumni Society,

Please allow this email to serve as official notice to all UAB National Alumni Society active members that a special meeting has been called by the active membership to discuss the following agenda items:

1. The creation of a more definitive statement by the UAB NAS that clearly states that the eliminated programs MUST be re-instated.
2. The lack of inclusion of all stakeholders by Dr. Ray Watts in the process used to eliminate said programs must be addressed and a process established going forward to prevent the breakdown of self-governance from occurring in the future.
3. The creation of a resolution calling for a meeting to bring UAB Administration (President), athletic department leadership, coaches from the football, rifle and bowling teams, alumni and students, City of Birmingham officials, Jefferson County Commission members, Jefferson and Shelby County legislators, and select business leaders from the community to the table to determine how to re-instate and invest in these programs going forward.
4. Address the vote of No Confidence to be taken by the UAB Faculty Senate on January 15th, 2015.

This meeting will take place on Monday, January 12, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. The official location of the meeting is still to be determined and we will get you this information as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

James W. (Wes) Smith

President
01-02-2015 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
RE: About time...Letter from NAS
They are feeling the heat because watt won't survive and they turn around ...they don't represents us ....they go where the wind is blowing
They neee the next component to be remove and rebuilt because si far they were an embarrassment for uab fans

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
01-02-2015 10:39 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Agreed. While they have been lacking in leadership up until this point, at least this is an indication that they see something is about to change & they are trying to brown nose the good side this time.
01-02-2015 10:53 PM
GreenMississippi Online
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
If you're in Birmingham, pay the damn fee to be an active member and show up. This meeting is about statements and taking back control. The next meeting will be about replacing the board.
01-02-2015 11:09 PM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
Yes sir

01-02-2015 11:10 PM
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
This meeting was forced by a member and requires 50 members. This meeting is happening because the NAS has to have the meeting when 50 members ask for it.
01-02-2015 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I think that they are feeling the heat because a number of us wrote them a bunch of nasty notes about their lack of willingness to join the fight. I think they were also afraid that many of the alumni would leave their ranks as soon as possible. It is also possible that the officers of the NAS have seized control of the communications conduits with the members which until now have been controlled by UAB flunkies who are in the employ of the administration.
01-02-2015 11:29 PM
GreenMississippi Online
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(01-02-2015 11:18 PM)BTR Wrote:  This meeting was forced by a member and requires 50 members. This meeting is happening because the NAS has to have the meeting when 50 members ask for it.

Yes, this. This was forced by the alumni. I was a signatory but will not be able to be there physically (we're asking about Skype or other VOIP service) but we got the 50 members very quickly so with preparation we expect to have more.

If you're not a member but want to show up and be there to vote, bite the bullet and join. There are alumni who can help you afford to join if you are willing to be there.
01-02-2015 11:46 PM
JxGx78 Offline
1st String

If we are NAS members what do we need to bring to be able to vote? Will driver license and NAS membership card be enough, or do we need to do something else?
01-03-2015 12:05 AM
uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

Why would it not be anyone other than the Alumni House? Is there an event that day?
01-03-2015 12:10 AM
ICB Offline
Heisman

Life Member... & I will be there.
01-03-2015 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-02-2015 10:39 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  They are feeling the heat because watt won't survive and they turn around ...they don't represents us ....they go where the wind is blowing
They neee the next component to be remove and rebuilt because si far they were an embarrassment for uab fans

If they're trying to get out ahead of the wave, then that suggests a rough road for Rayray.
01-03-2015 09:53 AM
uabhack Offline
Special Teams

Due to meetings for work on the 12th, I can't be there. Hospital budget season. That being said, will there be a webex, conference call, Skype option? As a lifetime alumni, I want to be involved, especially since I have been very vocal to them on the lack of representation so far as well as the withholding of all future donations.

Does anyone have an answer on out of state attendance options?
01-03-2015 09:59 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Like said above, the NAS didn't call for or want this meeting. This is real UAB supporters (alumni members) forcing the meeting via the NAS's own bylaws. This meeting will take place a couple of days before the faculty senate meeting for the vote on no confidence. It's a chance to show the faculty, rayray, the bot and the public how the alumni really feel about what has happened and negate the weak previous NAS statement.
01-03-2015 03:31 PM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
Non-UAB Alum are welcome and encouraged to join the NAS as per the website. The more support there the better.
01-03-2015 05:13 PM
uabhack Offline
Special Teams

(01-03-2015 03:31 PM)UABGrad Wrote:  Like said above, the NAS didn't call for or want this meeting. This is real UAB supporters (alumni members) forcing the meeting via the NAS's own bylaws. This meeting will take place a couple of days before the faculty senate meeting for the vote on no confidence. It's a chance to show the faculty, rayray, the bot and the public how the alumni really feel about what has happened and negate the weak previous NAS statement.

I understand the NAS leadership does not want the meeting, but the actual membership does. My question is does anyone think out of state members can participate remotely? Short of having someone like Elliot or Attalla can put me on speakerphone?
01-03-2015 05:37 PM
Advertisement

uabhack Offline
Special Teams

Also, the email does not appear to have gone out to everyone. I have not received one. Funny, I got hammered with Campaign for UAB emails though.
01-03-2015 05:42 PM
blzr4life Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-03-2015 03:31 PM)UABGrad Wrote:  Like said above, the NAS didn't call for or want this meeting. This is real UAB supporters (alumni members) forcing the meeting via the NAS's own bylaws. This meeting will take place a couple of days before the faculty senate meeting for the vote on no confidence. It's a chance to show the faculty, rayray, the bot and the public how the alumni really feel about what has happened and negate the weak previous NAS statement.

Understand that the NAS did not want the meeting, but the 4 agenda items are spot on! Now sounds like the NAS wants this (finally listening to the alums). Those are bold statements and glad to see them.
01-03-2015 05:51 PM
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I'm a paid up member and will be there. It's about dang time the NAS got vocal on the right side of this battle! Have to make sure the statements are not watered down any.

By the way, isn't the February UA-BOT meeting supposed to be at the UAB NAS house?
01-03-2015 05:57 PM
uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

(01-03-2015 05:57 PM)blzrclub80 Wrote:  I'm a paid up member and will be there. It's about dang time the NAS got vocal on the right side of this battle! Have to make sure the statements are not watered down any.

By the way, isn't the February UA-BOT meeting supposed to be at the UAB NAS house?

Yes.
01-03-2015 06:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.