Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Andy Kennedy question....
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Andy Kennedy question....
Kennedy has come in at Ole MIss and is doing a great job there. He has the Rebels number one in the SEC West at the moment.
Why was he not given the job at Cincy? Just curious.
02-11-2007 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

Because he was an assistant under Huggins....Ohh wait..........
02-11-2007 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DelhiBearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wholesome Chat

Nancy was probably worried the destuction of the program would not have been such a dead sinch lock if she gave a coach the job with the ability not to throw away an entire season (maybe more) of recruiting. She got her wish though...a team that gets swept by Rutgers. They're all passing though. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To Hell with that winning crap, they're all passing. Welcome to Vandy North...no wait...they win more than once a year in conference.
02-11-2007 11:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

KState1125 Wrote:Because he was an assistant under Huggins....Ohh wait..........

Do you losers just lurk all day waiting for an opportunity to jump in any thread that ties back into Huggins and the admin. Whats up? The other 2 guys on your board sleeping in and there's nobody to play with?
02-11-2007 11:25 AM
Quote this message in a reply
THE BearcatBrent Offline
Nancy WAS wrong.................

I Root For: who I want

rath -

I think his answer was truthful - who is the one here who can't wait to jump someone?

let it go, move on from these posters ;-)
02-11-2007 12:18 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM

Actually.....

From AK's mouth.....

The day he was offered the job, he was asked to renounce his friendship with the former head coached he worked for. AK refused to do so and he was told that he could be the interim head coach, but he would never be considered for the permanent job.

Then....

When MT came out last season and said that AK was a candidate, he wasn't entirely accurate. There are 2 possibilities:

1) Liar, liar, pants on fire.

2) MT wanted AK and thought he had a shot at convincing others that AK should be the coach.

I hope, and suspect, that #2 is the more accurate answer.

Then.....

Rumors were floated by several people associated with the school that AK had been offered the position and that he wanted to go elsewhere. Only one possibility here:

1) LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!!!! -- trust me on this one.
02-11-2007 02:44 PM
Advertisement

THE BearcatBrent Offline

well - for AK to be doing well at Miss, which a lot of people said was a coach killing job, is tremendous.

Lots of people said that job was terrible and they had no players, and that he would have a tough time winning there.

I wish he was here, he has shown me enough.

Well, after maybe second after the HOF former coach ;-) .
02-11-2007 02:53 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I sure wish Kennedy could have kept White and Jihad eligible last year. What an embarrassment and disappointment to have this go down during the NIT tournament.
02-11-2007 03:04 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM

WacoBearcat Wrote:I sure wish Kennedy could have kept White and Jihad eligible last year. What an embarrassment and disappointment to have this go down during the NIT tournament.

AK had secured a tentative offer BEFORE White and Jihad gave up on classes. AK was working to better himself and his family. Given the circumstances, I don't blame AK in the least -- blame those who did not go to class -- blame the profs - blame the AD - blame to Pres - blame anyone you want. AK knew he has ZERO chance at being the next coach at UC. If I were in his shoes, I don't know that I would have done anything different.
02-11-2007 03:14 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I wish AK all the luck in the world and it appears he is doing a nice job. However, his top five players are 3 seniors and 2 juniors, four of them back from a team that was, I think 15 and 17 last year. To compare the situation to what Mick took over is a stretch. Let's compare the two after 3 or 4 years, I will put my money on Mick.
02-11-2007 03:20 PM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,

That definitely put a damper on all the over achievements by the team last year. We will never know all the circumstances behind the situation but Andy has to share some of the blame.

While the players need to take care of their academic status is the timing of the end of the quarter during the tournament more of a hardship on teams like UC than teams on semester status? It just seems that seniors on semesters can goof off , simply concentrate on their basketball and they and their team do not suffer any consequences relating to thier tournament fortunes.
02-11-2007 03:20 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator

The story I heard on campus was that after they didn't make the NCAA tourney they skipped exams that monday(remember exams were that week)...

I heard the players did not even want to play in the NIT, but the administration said they would(3 more home games=more money). Once they got in they played their asses out, but WHite, and Jihaad had already ruined. I'm convinced they would have won the NIT. Hicks would not let them lose.
02-11-2007 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Re: Andy Kennedy question....
EagleRockCafe Wrote:Kennedy has come in at Mississippi and is doing a great job there. He has the Rebels number one in the SEC West at the moment.

AK is a tremndous coach and I am surprised that S. Miss passed on him a couple of years back. I believe that he finished second regarding the interview.
02-11-2007 05:02 PM
Zoroaster Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: Andy Kennedy question....
EagleRockCafe Wrote:Kennedy has come in at Mississippi and is doing a great job there. He has the Rebels number one in the SEC West at the moment.

It was not part of the tosu plan when Nancy was planted here to destroy our basketball program.

This may help explain

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=563681
02-11-2007 05:46 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

QSECOFR Wrote:
WacoBearcat Wrote:I sure wish Kennedy could have kept White and Jihad eligible last year. What an embarrassment and disappointment to have this go down during the NIT tournament.

AK had secured a tentative offer BEFORE White and Jihad gave up on classes. AK was working to better himself and his family. Given the circumstances, I don't blame AK in the least -- blame those who did not go to class -- blame the profs - blame the AD - blame to Pres - blame anyone you want. AK knew he has ZERO chance at being the next coach at UC. If I were in his shoes, I don't know that I would have done anything different.
Q, I completely echo those sentiments, except that, it falls squarely on the shoulders of none other than White and Muhammed themselves. Now, if it's a couple of freshmen making the adjustment, yeah, I can see a little bit of passing the buck, but these two young men were seniors - 23-24 years old.

I could actually understand White's misdeeds, as he has a legitmate shot at an NBA career, and maybe wanted to concentrate on that. However, what motivation would Jihad possibly have to blow off school? WTF kind of career was he going to get in basketball?

I wish everyone would quit pretending about how degrees are so important for the "student-athlete". I mean, a lot of times, it's certainly the case, but, if one has "game", then an NBA career certainly pays an order of magnitdue (or two) better, paywise, than a job described by one's degree. Heck, even an overseas career beats it, and you have a signifcantly greater life experience for it.
02-11-2007 06:37 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

AK was actively working against UC; examples include encouraging Downey to transfer and not paying attention to the academics. White and Jihad's academic issues fall squarely on AK. As a result, I have little respect for the man. If not given the chance at UC last year, he would not be coach at Ole Miss. In time, Huggins will screw him as he has others who thought they were his friends.
02-11-2007 06:49 PM
Advertisement

Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

Donators

pobearman Wrote:AK was actively working against UC; examples include encouraging Downey to transfer and not paying attention to the academics. White and Jihad's academic issues fall squarely on AK. As a result, I have little respect for the man. If not given the chance at UC last year, he would not be coach at Mississippi. In time, Huggins will screw him as he has others who thought they were his friends.

You need to wrap that tinfoil just a little tighter around your head, I think some of the cosmic rays are getting through.
02-11-2007 07:05 PM
THE BearcatBrent Offline

pobearman Wrote:AK was actively working against UC; examples include encouraging Downey to transfer and not paying attention to the academics. White and Jihad's academic issues fall squarely on AK. As a result, I have little respect for the man. If not given the chance at UC last year, he would not be coach at Mississippi. In time, Huggins will screw him as he has others who thought they were his friends.

Jeff (Wyler),

Please stop posting here - you are needed by your lawyers Dewey-Cheatum, and Howe to sign the papers (again).

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
02-11-2007 07:15 PM
NVExel Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Red Wings
Donators

delusional
02-11-2007 07:30 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Any evidence?
02-11-2007 07:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.