Bookmark and Share
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Pure Hate
Name 3 schools who you love to hate and why:

For me it's
1. App St - Biggest rival for GS and they currently have the edge in the
W-L column. I still respect them but when it comes to hate no team makes my blood boil worse

2. LSU - Dated a girl who's whole family it seemed went to LSU. The biggest bunch of blowhards I ever had the displeasure to be around. Also some of the smuggest message board posters I ever interacted with (well until recently)

3. Georgia - Living in the state and having to put up with all the Wal-Mart fans is one thing but one of the worst away game experience I ever had was in Athens.
12-17-2014 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Pure Hate
Arkansas: Because well...its Arkansas. They have tried their darndest to knock us back to FCS football, have openly tried to hurt our academic side of campus, and generally are just mean spirited people.

Memphis State: Because anyone who is so sensitive that they have to censor the phrase Tiger High from their message board because they feel it is too demeaning is easy to hate. That and we've had a rivalry since the 50's, and the general rule is if you live in Arkansas, you hate Memphis.

Louisiana Tech: Because we have a very ugly rivalry with those guys, and they openly spurned us a decade or so ago. It makes them easy to hate.

Steve Shields: Its a separate class of hate...but I just think he's a jerk.
12-17-2014 09:22 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(12-17-2014 09:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Memphis State: Because anyone who is so sensitive that they have to censor the phrase ***** **** from their message board because they feel it is too demeaning is easy to hate.

03-lmfao
12-17-2014 09:26 PM
bp10 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas state
LA Tech is number one by far and I don't care how long we go without playing them in anything, they will stay there until I die.

Arkansas is number two strictly because they won't play the game (in anything). I could probably come down a little on the hate if they played everything but football and would probably actually pull for them at times if they played football against us.

Memphis/Georgia Southern/ULL tie: Memphis because they're Memphis. GS, I was 8 when Tracy Ham laid the beat down on ASU and I will never forget that. I will always hate you guys no matter if we beat you 50 straight in conference. Lafayette (this is a hate thread, right?), do I really need to explain this one.

Monroe gets an honorable mention.

The rest of you guys are ok (Troy goes up and down on the hate meter). I'm sure APP will climb that list soon enough.
12-17-2014 09:28 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-17-2014 09:28 PM)bp10 Wrote:  LA Tech is number one by far and I don't care how long we go without playing them in anything, they will stay there until I die.

Arkansas is number two strictly because they won't play the game (in anything). I could probably come down a little on the hate if they played everything but football and would probably actually pull for them at times if they played football against us.

Memphis/Georgia Southern/ULL tie: Memphis because they're Memphis. GS, I was 8 when Tracy Ham laid the beat down on ASU and I will never forget that. I will always hate you guys no matter if we beat you 50 straight in conference. Lafayette (this is a hate thread, right?), do I really need to explain this one.

Monroe gets an honorable mention.

The rest of you guys are ok (Troy goes up and down on the hate meter). I'm sure APP will climb that list soon enough.

Given time, I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to be putting App State somewhere on our hate list.
12-17-2014 09:33 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Only one team do I truly hate:

Stephen F. Austin. I dislike that they would run up the score (like into the 80's and 90's points) against DII teams.

It's poor sportsmanship, and I dislike that above all else.
12-17-2014 09:52 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
It's all love, sunshine pumpin', and puppy dog tails for me.

Here's a song for my fellow conference mates.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 09:58 PM by CajunFanatico.)
12-17-2014 09:52 PM
Eaglessoar2014 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GSU Eagles
1. South Carolina
2. South Carolina
3. South Carolina
12-17-2014 10:01 PM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
Troy st.
Troy st.
And chattanooga
12-17-2014 10:04 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I've grow to hate UArk less though I have utter contempt for their mouth breathing knuckler dragging fans in NE Arkansas who didn't go to school there, totally different breed from the rest of the state because they are like walkers with a sole purpose of attacking AState fans.

My hate list shifts. UArk no longer top 3. Penn State I grew tired of hating. Switzer's gone and OU is irrelevant I no longer care to hate them. Ditto Nebraska, I used to watch Oklahoma Nebraska in the hope someone would invent a way for both to lose.

3. Memphis, if I have a bad day I just remember that shooting free throws is no big deal and remember two of their Final Four appearances never happened. Makes me smile.
2. New to the list. Florida State, they way the dropped pretense of dignity for football is disgusting.
1. North Carolina. The systematic and institutionalized academic fraud is more repugnant than any of the scandals I remember. It's so bad App or UNCC might be up for the death penalty.
12-17-2014 10:21 PM
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
1. UTSA- Can't wait for the rematch. If we can end the upcoming series with a winning record I probably won't hate them as much.

2. A&M- They were the team I rooted for until my senior year of high school when I took a tour of the campus. I won't get into details but I could write a short novel about my dislike for them.

3. Sam Houston- They beat us in the very first TXST game I attended back in 2011.
12-17-2014 10:27 PM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
1. Georgia Southern - They never shut up.
2. UNC Charlotte - A detestable bunch of people.
3. UNC Chapel Hill - Sneering hypocrites.
12-17-2014 10:38 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(12-17-2014 10:04 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  Troy st.
Troy st.
And chattanooga

Still living in the past I see...
12-17-2014 10:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
1. crApp State: After being a member of the Southern Pride Marching Band and getting a beer bottle chunked at my head on one of our trips to Boone, NC, I will forever hate those goat-humping mountain folk. Doesn't help that they got lucky against us in a few games either. 04-cheers

2. UGA: I'm just plain sick and tired of UGA and its "fans" looking down their noses at literally every other university like they're Harvard or something. "We have the smartest kids in Georgia." No, you have the richest kids in Georgia. There's a difference. And if I hear, "We gonna win da national championship next year," slip through the lips of one more Dawg "fan" after a season is over, I might go insane. But I should be happy they're gracing me with their presence in that ugly G sweatshirt from Walmart, right? /rant But in all seriousness, I love to pick fights with my family members that went to UGA. It makes a nice little in home rivalry.

3. ULL/TxSt: I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something I don't like about y'all. Maybe it's your boo-hoo-excuses-excuses fans or your solid football teams or both, but I just don't like y'all and can't wait to see where this new hatred goes. Could be fun. 03-nutkick

honorable mentions:
Georgia State: Just some of the stuff y'all say cracks me up. Sometimes I read PantherTalk just to brighten my day. I have to hand it to Georgia State fans though, they are the most optimistic group of people I have ever encountered. Need that in a fan base on their situation.
12-18-2014 12:43 AM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
USM

FSU
Bammer
12-18-2014 01:52 AM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
(12-18-2014 12:43 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  honorable mentions:
Georgia State: Just some of the stuff y'all say cracks me up. Sometimes I read PantherTalk just to brighten my day.

I know the feeling. When we moved to FBS, i would spend hours reading your threads on your board. I had it saved for a while, it brightened my day every day.
12-18-2014 02:43 AM
Advertisement

balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
just thought it is funny to see the list to this point is made up of 4 of 5 FBS schools from the state of Louisiana. in the order mentioned

LSU
LA TECH
LOUISIANA
ULM - honorable mentioned 03-shhhh

very interesting...........
12-18-2014 07:41 AM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
I remember the past troyfootball05
wheres your list?

if reports on here are true about troys blocking ability perhaps its not such a distant past for either side.
12-18-2014 07:48 AM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
1) Barack Obama
2) News Media Outlets that drive the Ferguson story
3) ESPN lovefest for SEC and commentators that fail to do their homework by reporting the wrong information during Sun Belt games
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 07:56 AM by Cajuncat.)
12-18-2014 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
07-coffee3

in New Orleans for the weekend.
12-18-2014 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.