UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jon Solomon CBS story....with disturbing Clark info
CourtsideBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BlazerBall !
Jon Solomon CBS story....with disturbing Clark info
Clark previously signed a release of claims against UAB that includes "all complaints, causes of action and claims based on seeking to challenge any conduct, event, action or decision that took place prior to Clark's signing of this Agreement."

where does this leave those who claimed the lawyers were ready to be released on this & Clark was fighting the decision? Has he, too, taken his money and run?

Solomon story here:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...nful-death
12-03-2014 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I Root For: UAB
RE: Jon Solomon CBS story....with disturbing Clark info
I've been wondering that too, but in order to prevent lawsuits with that release, they would have to contend that their decision was made before he was hired, which is a mess in and of itself. That's my guess.
12-03-2014 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Looks like they basically paid him not to sue them. I am betting they held the assistant coach's over his head. I hear they all will receive one years pay.
12-03-2014 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

The fight now isn't Clark's to make, it is the universities, the students, the donors, etc.

Coach Clark & family will be taken care of, but a piece of them was left at UAB.
12-03-2014 12:19 PM
CourtsideBlazer Offline
Special Teams

so we're now going to give Clark a pass while villifying Garrison, Reynolds, et al for, basically the same thing?

I'm very confused.
12-03-2014 12:20 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

There were also provisions in his contract for facilities upgrades, almost all of which did not happen. I'm told he can sue over that to get out of the buyout.
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Clark truly cared about UAB and was sick at his stomach. More will come out.
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-03-2014 12:20 PM)CourtsideBlazer Wrote:  so we're now going to give Clark a pass while villifying Garrison, Reynolds, et al for, basically the same thing?

I'm very confused.

He hasn't done, or neglected to do, anything yet with regard to lawsuits.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 12:21 PM by thebernreuter.)
12-03-2014 12:21 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
Depends on when the release was signed, and under what circumstances. The article is vague.
CourtsideBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I've asked privately, now I'm asking publicly......when do the lawyers get unleashed ????
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

Lawsuits get threatened, school freaks out and adds football back to avoid them?
12-03-2014 12:22 PM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

We need Clark coming forward not signing another one of those NDA's.
12-03-2014 12:23 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

If Mackin cared he would have. Never been more disappointed in a human being.
12-03-2014 12:25 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Everyone keeps throwing around lawsuit, but there isn't really anything to sue about. UAB said they are going to honor all contracts. That means if Clark signed a 3 year contract, UAB is going to pay him to sit on his hands in the 711 building for two more years.
12-03-2014 12:27 PM
Island Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

Absolutely not. Someone who has "taken the money and ran" with the Mr. Watts created debacle going on does not get the UAB football team bowl eligible for only the second time in its history and trounce its arch football rival on the road in his last game. Coach Clark was in the midst of building and preparing UAB football for unprecedented accomplishments in C-USA.
12-03-2014 12:29 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(12-03-2014 12:27 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Everyone keeps throwing around lawsuit, but there isn't really anything to sue about. UAB said they are going to honor all contracts. That means if Clark signed a 3 year contract, UAB is going to pay him to sit on his hands in the 711 building for two more years.

Clark could still in theory have a cause of action. If he could prove that a decision to cut the program had been made before offering him the contract and that he was deceived about it, he could have a fraud claim. He could argue that by having the rug pulled out from under him after one year caused him harm by inhibiting future earning potential, upward mobility as a coach, etc. Not saying it is a strong claim, but possible.
12-03-2014 12:32 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(12-03-2014 12:27 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Everyone keeps throwing around lawsuit, but there isn't really anything to sue about. UAB said they are going to honor all contracts. That means if Clark signed a 3 year contract, UAB is going to pay him to sit on his hands in the 711 building for two more years.

There are always things to sue about. All you really have to do is come up with something good enough to not get dismissed immediately, get to discovery phase, and boy would you see the rats scurry. It's time to unleash the lawyers.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU0Vu85fvm542isO-V4yk...Elbc06PUzQ]
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Clark will get paid out completely. They'll pay out his full contract, hell, they'll probably pay out every possible incentive too. He'll find a way to take care of his assistants. The only way he gets that is to sign on the dotted line.

I have nothing against Clark. He stayed here and fought hard. The deck was stacked from the first card.
CourtsideBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I contend that Clark is the ONLY person who could make this thing stand up in court and call it out for the evil that it is. If he, too, signs the papers, cashes the check and walks....regardless of the good fight he fought....he is complicit. Only his testimony of what actually happened, taken in a court of law, could bring this to a proper end.

McGee could help with his statements under oath but they are not enough on their own.
12-03-2014 12:34 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

He could have taken the Troy job, but he kept his word.

End of discussion in my book.
12-03-2014 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.