Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ferguson Biz owners
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Ferguson Biz owners
If you owned an O'Reillys Auto Parts, McD, or oven a barber shop, what are the chances you take the insurance money and reopen elsewhere? Hope the local individual owners had solid insurance.
11-25-2014 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Ferguson Biz owners
I saw a minority business owner (barber shop) nearly in tears saying he doesn't know how he's going to feed his kids. His business was badly damaged by the riots. The Advance Auto Parts store that burned is company owned, but I can't imagine they'll be in a hurry to rebuild. I think there is still a large presence of outsiders doing this crap. I can't imagine anyone destroying a business owned by someone from their own community.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 06:25 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
11-25-2014 06:24 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(11-25-2014 06:20 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  If you owned an O'Reillys Auto Parts, McD, or oven a barber shop, what are the chances you take the insurance money and reopen elsewhere? Hope the local individual owners had solid insurance.

Unfortunately, most insurance policies do not cover these types of damages. Insurrection, terrorism, and riots are common things that are excluded from the liability on insurance...unless you pay extra.

More than likely the government will provide a fund and these folks will more than likely take the money and reopen elsewhere.
11-25-2014 08:50 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
The governor is toast. He didn't have the national guard keep a lid on the animals.
11-26-2014 06:17 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(11-26-2014 06:17 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The governor is toast. He didn't have the national guard keep a lid on the animals.

There was a post days ago that disappeared from this board about Eric Holder ordering the Police and Guard to keep hands off the Ferguson Protesters. I tried to find it but going over 3 pages each in both rooms I assumed it was pulled. Trouble in paradise.
11-26-2014 06:29 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(11-26-2014 06:29 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(11-26-2014 06:17 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The governor is toast. He didn't have the national guard keep a lid on the animals.

There was a post days ago that disappeared from this board about Eric Holder ordering the Police and Guard to keep hands off the Ferguson Protesters. I tried to find it but going over 3 pages each in both rooms I assumed it was pulled. Trouble in paradise.

If true, Holder didn't do blacks any favors. The thugs he let loose just reinforced many of the worst stereotypes whites have regarding blacks.
11-26-2014 07:12 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss

He's already toast from last time. He can't run again for governor, and his vice-presidential aspirations were shot from the previous riots and his fiasco handling of the first riots and the video he put out.

He honestly doesn't care anymore, he knows his political future is done for.
11-26-2014 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
It was probably merged into another thread. ERC started about 15 threads in 2 days about Ferguson and some of the other moderators merged them into the same thread.
11-26-2014 07:33 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Unlike the protestors, these business owners will be back at work today cleaning up the mess.
11-26-2014 07:43 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-25-2014 08:50 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 06:20 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  If you owned an O'Reillys Auto Parts, McD, or oven a barber shop, what are the chances you take the insurance money and reopen elsewhere? Hope the local individual owners had solid insurance.

Unfortunately, most insurance policies do not cover these types of damages. Insurrection, terrorism, and riots are common things that are excluded from the liability on insurance...unless you pay extra.

More than likely the government will provide a fund and these folks will more than likely take the money and reopen elsewhere.

This will be one of the lasting legacies of these riots. The businesses that were there and have been destroyed will not reopen. I wonder how long it will take residents of Ferguson to complain and whine that "we don't have any stores close by to buy what we need, we have to drive XX miles to go to the store!"

With no local businesses - no local economy - with no local economy, Ferguson will just further deteriorate into a slum of the 1st degree.
11-26-2014 10:24 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(11-26-2014 10:24 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

This will be one of the lasting legacies of these riots. The businesses that were there and have been destroyed will not reopen. I wonder how long it will take residents of Ferguson to complain and whine that "we don't have any stores close by to buy what we need, we have to drive XX miles to go to the store!"

With no local businesses - no local economy - with no local economy, Ferguson will just further deteriorate into a slum of the 1st degree.

I say let them sleep in the bed that they make.
11-26-2014 10:25 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

Let's see here. Louisville. ...........West End Riot..................1968. just now getting a New Walmart. And some Community Activists are Complaining even though that Walmart is offering higher wages than other ones.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 10:54 AM by CardFan1.)
11-26-2014 10:51 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(11-26-2014 07:32 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

He's already toast from last time. He can't run again for governor, and his vice-presidential aspirations were shot from the previous riots and his fiasco handling of the first riots and the video he put out.

This.

Politically, the question now is whether Missouri can somehow remain "reddish" but still sort-of-competitive in state/local elections, or will it go like Arkansas just did. The next Gov. election is in 2016 so not long to find out.
11-26-2014 10:54 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(11-26-2014 10:54 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  

This.

Politically, the question now is whether Missouri can somehow remain "reddish" but still sort-of-competitive in state/local elections, or will it go like Arkansas just did. The next Gov. election is in 2016 so not long to find out.

I was channel surfing during the riot and a Black Female congress woman from St. Louis was on MSNBC saying this is Their Race War. Changes were going to come. She really ripped Her own Democrat party saying those in control were Racist from the Governor on down. Maybe Some will wake-up. I seriously doubt that the Republicans will be gaining new voters though. They might run as Independent candidates. But that would take away from Democrat votes.
11-26-2014 11:04 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
With only a little bit of sarcasm, the Ferguson Biz owners should have hired Roof Koreans.
11-26-2014 11:09 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Yet it will still somehow be whitey's fault.
11-26-2014 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(11-26-2014 11:04 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I was channel surfing during the riot and a Black Female congress woman from St. Louis was on MSNBC saying this is Their Race War. Changes were going to come. She really ripped Her own Democrat party saying those in control were Racist from the Governor on down. Maybe Some will wake-up. I seriously doubt that the Republicans will be gaining new voters though. They might run as Independent candidates. But that would take away from Democrat votes.
Her name is Maria Chappelle-Nadal, and she thanked MSNBC for revealing "the truth" about what's going on in Ferguson. Maria Chappelle-Nadal is a member of the Missouri State Senate. Another black-female member of the Missouri State Senate has accused Chappelle-Nadal of threatening to stab her at a Lil Wayne concert. The accusations ("house slave") and counter-accusations ("mentally unstable") soon followed: http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrf...threat.php
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 12:03 PM by Native Georgian.)
11-26-2014 12:01 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
And that's because Nadal is an idiot. She's as racist as they come, and I don't know who's worse, her or Nasheed. I've thrown a few of her comments on the forum from time to time.
11-26-2014 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-26-2014 11:09 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  With only a little bit of sarcasm, the Ferguson Biz owners should have hired Roof Koreans.

No need for Roof Koreans
http://bearingarms.com/armed-business-ow...son-riots/

Quote:Nobody is robbing St. Louis Ink Tattoo Studio anytime soon. Or County Guns, for that matter.

The two north-county businesses share a storefront in a Florissant strip mall less than ten minute drive from the epicenter of last night’s riots in Ferguson. After nightfall, what began as a community’s peaceful demonstration against the Ferguson Police Department’s shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown turned increasingly violent. Crowds plundered a QuikTrip and burned it to the ground, and local news began reporting brazen raids on other stores in the area.

After hearing of the roving bands of looters, Mike Gutierrez knew he had to protect his tattoo shop. He brought a posse with him, including Adam Weinstein, owner of County Guns, who was acutely worried about criminals getting their hands on his merchandise.

“We didn’t want them coming in here and then running around with a bunch of free guns,” Weinstein told Daily RFT when we arrive at the store around 12:30 a.m. this morning. Weinstein was outfitted with an assault rifle, pistol and tactical vest. Gutierrez cradled his own rifle in his hands.

Quote:Police officers are wonderful people to have around, but they can’t be everywhere.

In the end you are your own first responder, and must provide your own self-defense.
11-26-2014 02:04 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-26-2014 11:04 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(11-26-2014 10:54 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  

This.

I was channel surfing during the riot and a Black Female congress woman from St. Louis was on MSNBC saying this is Their Race War. Changes were going to come. She really ripped Her own Democrat party saying those in control were Racist from the Governor on down. Maybe Some will wake-up. I seriously doubt that the Republicans will be gaining new voters though. They might run as Independent candidates. But that would take away from Democrat votes.

I was born in that shitehole.....never understood 'em....continually amazes the grace of hillbillies.....and that's from a person that got transported to another shitehole....
11-26-2014 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.