Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

11/17 Bowl Projections
Bookmark and Share
dfn2006 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
11/17 Bowl Projections
Six MAC teams are expected to go bowling in the latest bowl projections - thoughts?
11-17-2014 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
RE: 11/17 Bowl Projections
I think if it was under last year's Bowl agreements, the speculation would be on which two MAC Bowl eligible schools would be missing out.

CBS Sports current projections:

GoDaddy.com Bowl Jan. 4 Mobile, Ala. MAC vs. Sun Belt N. Illinois vs. UL Lafayette
Quick Lane Bowl Dec. 26 Detroit, Mich. ACC vs. Big Ten N.C. State vs. Ohio*
Bahamas Bowl Dec. 24 Nassau, Bahamas C-USA vs. MAC Middle Tenn. vs. W. Michigan
Boca Raton Bowl Dec. 23 Boca Raton, Fla. C-USA vs. MAC UAB vs. C. Michigan
Camellia Bowl Dec. 20 Montgomery, Ala. MAC vs. Sun Belt Toledo vs. Texas State
Idaho Potato Bowl Dec. 20 Boise, Idaho MAC vs. Mountain West Bowling Green vs. Air Force
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 09:20 PM by BruceMcF.)
11-17-2014 09:16 PM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
11/17 Bowl Projections
God those are some bad uninteresting games unfortunately

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
11-17-2014 10:33 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I want Ohio or Akron to go 6-6 to open up the Detroit Bowl for a MAC team to play Michigan... I would love WMU to play them.
11-17-2014 11:50 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

GoDaddy has the #1 pick.

The Potato Bowl has the #2 pick IF they are NOT owned by ESPN...does anyone know this info?

The rest of the MAC main, MAC tie in and GO5 ESPN owned bowls are up to ESPN and are going to be very hard to predict anything other than a regional matchup.
11-18-2014 10:48 AM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Michigan would sit home before taking that bowl bid.....It would be nice though!!!!
11-18-2014 11:02 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-18-2014 11:02 AM)broncojohnny Wrote:  Michigan would sit home before taking that bowl bid.....It would be nice though!!!!

Michigan is not going to the Detroit bowl guys. If everything works out the best they will go to the Holiday Bowl and worse case scenario they would go to the HOD bowl or whatever the heck is the Foster Farms Bowl (if the B1G gets 2 teams in the big 6 bowls)

Either NU, Rutgers or Maryland will be going to Detroit.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 11:13 AM by HuskieJohn.)
11-18-2014 11:07 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Michigan is not going to the Detroit bowl guys. If everything works out the best they will go to the Holiday Bowl and worse case scenario they would go to the HOD bowl or whatever the heck is the Foster Farms Bowl (if the B1G gets 2 teams in the big 6 bowls)

It'd be a sell-out. It'd be Hoke's way of saying "Keep Me. See how many fans I can bring to a bowl?" :)

If NC-State goes it, it'd be great to see NIU play them.
11-19-2014 03:36 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2014 03:36 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:Michigan is not going to the Detroit bowl guys. If everything works out the best they will go to the Holiday Bowl and worse case scenario they would go to the HOD bowl or whatever the heck is the Foster Farms Bowl (if the B1G gets 2 teams in the big 6 bowls)

It'd be a sell-out. It'd be Hoke's way of saying "Keep Me. See how many fans I can bring to a bowl?" :)

It only a small chance that the B1G is not going to have a team to fill the spot.
11-19-2014 10:47 AM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Michigan would sell it out, but Michigan would also bring a lot of fans somewhere else.
11-19-2014 12:02 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC

UofM wouldn't bring many fans to a minor bowl, even 35 miles to the East.

They would thumb their nose to it.
11-19-2014 12:17 PM
Advertisement

arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(11-19-2014 12:17 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Agree completely. It wouldn't be even 75% full. Their fan base has stopped attending games in the Big Toilet; why would that bowl be any different?
11-19-2014 04:01 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(11-19-2014 04:01 PM)arrows80 Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 12:17 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Agree completely. It wouldn't be even 75% full. Their fan base has stopped attending games in the Big Toilet; why would that bowl be any different?

Tix might cost less than UM games. It's in a dome instead of outside.
11-19-2014 04:15 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Agree completely. It wouldn't be even 75% full. Their fan base has stopped attending games in the Big Toilet; why would that bowl be any different?

Because Ford Field houses about 65k -- UM could have 40k missing seats in their own stadium and they'd still sell that sucker out. :)

Plus, it'd be a bowl game -- and it's indoors, as pointed out above... many reasons.

I could see UM thumbing their noses at a lower-tier bowl that's around Christmas as opposed to New Years. BUT, this one has its benefits, would be a higher % chance for a win in their eyes to make them go over .500 -- and maybe the best move IF they decide to fire Hoke at the end of the REGULAR season prior to it.
11-19-2014 04:54 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

My goodness UofM is not likely going to the Detroit Bowl and definitely not vs a MAC team.
11-19-2014 05:18 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-17-2014 09:16 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  I think if it was under last year's Bowl agreements, the speculation would be on which two MAC Bowl eligible schools would be missing out.

GoDaddy.com Bowl Jan. 4 Mobile, Ala. MAC vs. Sun Belt N. Illinois vs. UL Lafayette
Idaho Potato Bowl Dec. 20 Boise, Idaho MAC vs. Mountain West Bowling Green vs. Air Force

No way Ohio gets into the Quick Lane Bowl over the MACC or one of the Michigan teams.
11-19-2014 07:05 PM
Advertisement

george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(11-19-2014 07:05 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  
(11-17-2014 09:16 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  I think if it was under last year's Bowl agreements, the speculation would be on which two MAC Bowl eligible schools would be missing out.

No way Ohio gets into the Quick Lane Bowl over the MACC or one of the Michigan teams.

Well I think if there are 6 MAC teams eligible, wouldn't the top 5 get put into the bowls we are contracted for? With the 6th filling the open slot? That is how I understood it.
11-19-2014 08:36 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

The MACC is going to the GoDaddy bowl they have the #1 pick...unless somehow the miracle of NIU making it to the access bowl happens which then BGSU would go as the East Champ.

The Bahamas bowl will likely have the #2 pick (not ESPN owned as far as I can tell here) http://espnevents.com/#

The remaining 3 primary bowls are owned by ESPN. They will have the pick of the remaining teams to do as they please for the best TV match up. They may be willing to trade a team with the Quick Lane Bowl but maybe not.

After those 5 teams are picked then the QLB will have a pick of the remaining options BUT the MAC also has 2 other secondary tie ins with a group of ESPN owned bowls for 1 spot and the Poinsettia Bowl (Navy backup) so every bowl has their own needs.

Finally the Quick Lane Bowl is more likely not to have a MAC team participating because the B1G and ACC and none of this matters.
11-20-2014 10:50 AM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
(11-19-2014 08:36 PM)george14 Wrote:  

Well I think if there are 6 MAC teams eligible, wouldn't the top 5 get put into the bowls we are contracted for? With the 6th filling the open slot? That is how I understood it.

I thought that bowls get their choice of which MAC team would play for them, in the order of their contracts.
11-20-2014 11:05 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2014 11:05 AM)uakronkid Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 08:36 PM)george14 Wrote:  

I thought that bowls get their choice of which MAC team would play for them, in the order of their contracts.

Its different this year with the Potato, AL and Boca Bowls all able to flip flop since they are all owned by ESPN.
11-20-2014 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.