Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

UT-K Understands Importance Of Brand Consistency
Bookmark and Share
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
UT-K Understands Importance Of Brand Consistency
In an article (titled "Tennessee announces branding restructure") on page 2C of today's Commercial Appeal, athletic director Dave Hart was quoted as saying "brand consistency across the university is critical". Ironic that a university whose athletic program enjoys an income triple ours, appreciates the importance of the "little things", while we, who can ill afford to leave a stone unturned ignore them. We should comply with the shade of blue specified in the brand standard and we should minimize substituting other colors for gray.
11-11-2014 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
RE: UT-K Understands Importance Of Brand Consistency
Really? They wore gray earlier this year. As with your Syracuse example you are wrong again. Try Penn State next time
11-11-2014 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(11-11-2014 06:30 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  In an article (titled "Tennessee announces branding restructure") on page 2C of today's Commercial Appeal, athletic director Dave Hart was quoted as saying "brand consistency across the university is critical". Ironic that a university whose athletic program enjoys an income triple ours, appreciates the importance of the "little things", while we, who can ill afford to leave a stone unturned ignore them. We should comply with the shade of blue specified in the brand standard and we should minimize substituting other colors for gray.

Wait so a school who has less money actually tries to sell more merchandise by offering it in more colors and styles...hmmmm
11-11-2014 06:37 PM
UofMTigers1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Do you know how many shades of orange I've seen with a T on it?
11-11-2014 06:42 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 06:33 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Really? They wore gray earlier this year. As with your Syracuse example you are wrong again. Try Penn State next time

Please note that the article is titled "Tennessee announces branding restructure", meaning that they are going to make FUTURE changes. At any rate, he made the statement. Decide for yourself whether he meant it. The CA apprarently thought it was newsworthy.
11-11-2014 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 06:42 PM)UofMTigers1 Wrote:  Do you know how many shades of orange I've seen with a T on it?
(1) Since an orange T is offensive and repulsive, I try not to look at it.
(2) How would I know what you have seen?
(3) I suspect different shades of orange is part of what Hart intends to correct
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 06:46 PM by Gray Avenger.)
11-11-2014 06:45 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Online
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(11-11-2014 06:30 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  In an article (titled "Tennessee announces branding restructure") on page 2C of today's Commercial Appeal, athletic director Dave Hart was quoted as saying "brand consistency across the university is critical". Ironic that a university whose athletic program enjoys an income triple ours, appreciates the importance of the "little things", while we, who can ill afford to leave a stone unturned ignore them. We should comply with the shade of blue specified in the brand standard and we should minimize substituting other colors for gray.

Not minimize,---eliminate !
11-11-2014 06:46 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 06:37 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Wait so a school who has less money actually tries to sell more merchandise by offering it in more colors and styles...hmmmm

That you Bob?
11-11-2014 06:50 PM
ChapelHillTiger Offline
2nd String

They wore tangerine pants and jerseys at one home game this year. The ugliest uniform ever in college football.........

Go Tigers GO!

(11-11-2014 06:47 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:42 PM)UofMTigers1 Wrote:  Do you know how many shades of orange I've seen with a T on it?
(1) Since orange T's are repulsive and offensive to me, I try not to look at them.
(2) How would I know what you have seen?
(3) I suspect different shades of orange is part of what Hart intends to correct
11-11-2014 07:09 PM
sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
At the last Memphis@UTK basketball game I noticed 10 different shades of orange in Thompson Bowling Arena ,
plexiglass (lighted) signage
opaque signage
floor
banners
scoreboard
etc
all had different shades of orange
11-11-2014 07:21 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!

Over 16,000 posts, and 99% of them are about the non-issue of the school colors ... at least Gray Avenger's brand is consistent.
11-11-2014 07:48 PM
Advertisement

MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

Ntr
11-11-2014 07:52 PM
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
All the GA's posts are mind provoking.
11-11-2014 07:57 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers

If you only understood what he meant or has planned you wouldn't be so quick to praise.
11-11-2014 08:12 PM
3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears

Hitler was a pioneer in brand standardization. He, as most fascists, understood the importance in limiting variety as a propaganda tool.
11-11-2014 08:21 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
GA, was this article online? I couldn't find it. Thanks.
11-11-2014 09:03 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Let's see if they stick to it
11-11-2014 09:52 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Sailed.

We like our Tigers, our logo and our colors.

But stylish upgrades are also in vogue...like I phones to so many, including the kids. Oregon.
11-11-2014 09:57 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
(11-11-2014 09:52 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Let's see if they stick to it

It's terrible. They won't.
11-11-2014 09:57 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

this is a new low ...even for you.

not only do you constantly put down OUR leaders and our Uniforms,

now you are suggesting that we follow utknoxville... 01-wingedeagle
11-11-2014 10:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.