Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looking at CMU
Bookmark and Share
Ericleeschroeder Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Looking at CMU
Today's victory was not impressive but a "W" none the less. Keeping the home winning streak alive will be difficult next week against a better team with some very good offensive weapons.

WR Titus Davis today 10 rec for 180 yds w/ 2 TDs
HB Thomas Rawls 40 carries for 229 yds w/ 2 TDs

They're going to move the ball on us. We need to score more than 17 pts. Will homecoming have the huskies pumped up and help spark the offense?

I've not actually watched a CMU game this year so all I have to base off of are the stats. Anybody have any idea what to expect from the Chippewas?
10-04-2014 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Looking at CMU
If we play like this mark down an L...
10-04-2014 10:40 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
Until the quarterbacking gets better, the D is going to have to carry the load. Wonder how long that'll hold up? Special teams can't be relied on much, either (though there were some good returns today).
10-04-2014 10:45 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
Stop Rawls and force them to pass.
10-04-2014 10:50 PM
Ericleeschroeder Offline
2nd String

I just think about devante davis lighting us up in Vegas. Makes me worry about Titus Davis.
10-04-2014 10:50 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

We can make any QB-WR combo look good. Reardon was about to go Elway on us.
10-04-2014 10:53 PM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 10:53 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  We can make any QB-WR combo look good. Reardon was about to go Elway on us.

Dude, they scored 14 points today. The D wasn't the issue. And there's no guarantee KSU scores if he doesn't get hurt.
10-04-2014 10:55 PM
Citizen's Arrest Offline
Bench Warmer

Against Purdue I watched and listened to that game. I had to stop watching on TV to make it to the NIU game at Huskie Stadium - East. I listened to the rest of the game while tailgating. They moved the ball really well, but the defense was suspect. Titus Davis is a stud and tears it up against us. I think its revenge for NIU not looking at him in our own backyard.

I think we will come out a lot stronger this next game. 31-27 final, with us up 31 to 20 and Central Michigan scores on their final drive to make the game closer. We run the clock out and move onto Miami. Keep the streak alive!
10-04-2014 11:00 PM
Citizen's Arrest Offline
Bench Warmer

Titus gets two touchdowns and 115 yards receiving.
10-04-2014 11:02 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
NIU in my opinion, will play its best football of the season next week. Not saying this will mean much in the larger picture for the conference race, but I refuse to believe this team will lose to CMU at home, and will win by 2+ TDs. It will be hard to regroup with the QB situation, but I think the energy and sense of urgency takes over next week.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:08 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
10-04-2014 11:08 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Dude, the UNLV combo probably had their best game against us and Reardon probably had the best game of his career today. Yes, our defense played well most of the game but Reardon was going Elway before he was hurt.
10-04-2014 11:08 PM
Advertisement

Ericleeschroeder Offline
2nd String

I'd love to see a higher energy crowd next week as well. Maybe the weather is to blame but I was a little disappointed with how quiet it was at times. But, this is the first time I've sat on the west side. The east side just didn't seem as rowdy as usual.
10-04-2014 11:12 PM
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:08 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU in my opinion, will play its best football of the season next week. Not saying this will mean much in the larger picture for the conference race, but I refuse to believe this team will lose to CMU at home, and will win by 2+ TDs. It will be hard to regroup with the QB situation, but I think the energy and sense of urgency takes over next week.

I'm not expecting the offense to get explosive all the sudden. It might have a good burst or two, but I think we're in for some closer and lower scoring games (by MAC standards).
10-04-2014 11:17 PM
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:12 PM)Ericleeschroeder Wrote:  I'd love to see a higher energy crowd next week as well. Maybe the weather is to blame but I was a little disappointed with how quiet it was at times. But, this is the first time I've sat on the west side. The east side just didn't seem as rowdy as usual.

Not to defend the crowd too much, but there was very little to get excited about. It was meh football and got meh energy.
10-04-2014 11:18 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-04-2014 11:17 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 11:08 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU in my opinion, will play its best football of the season next week. Not saying this will mean much in the larger picture for the conference race, but I refuse to believe this team will lose to CMU at home, and will win by 2+ TDs. It will be hard to regroup with the QB situation, but I think the energy and sense of urgency takes over next week.

I'm not expecting the offense to get explosive all the sudden. It might have a good burst or two, but I think we're in for some closer and lower scoring games (by MAC standards).

If this team has anything left worth getting excited over, we will see it next week. You are going to have a lot of desperate, angry, and hungry Huskies out there.
10-04-2014 11:19 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I feel like UNLV was a much better team than Kent and we should have blown them out and our offense played great. I hope we can go back to that level of play on offense. Let's erase the part where our D gave up three consecutive TDs.
10-04-2014 11:21 PM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:19 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 11:17 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  

If this team has anything left worth getting excited over, we will see it next week. You are going to have a lot of desperate, angry, and hungry Huskies out there.

Ha, you're making it sound so dire, probably more dire than you mean.

This is a team in transition and they're still winning, so I'm not getting too down. Most teams with this amount of QB trouble aren't 4-1. Even with good skill position players and an experienced O line....man, it shows you how important QB play is. Hopefully it clicks at some point.

I feel like a lot of fans expect NIU to win by 2 touchdowns every week and that's just not going to happen most years (and it ignores matchups which frustrates me).
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:24 PM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
10-04-2014 11:23 PM
COHUSKIE Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU/ColoState
You could look at this game an entirely different way. One mark of a good team is a team that plays terrible and still finds a way to win.

Every team has a worst game of the season in them and has to get past that. Hopefully that is what happened today.
10-04-2014 11:27 PM
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:27 PM)COHUSKIE Wrote:  You could look at this game an entirely different way. One mark of a good team is a team that plays terrible and still finds a way to win.

Every team has a worst game of the season in them and has to get past that. Hopefully that is what happened today.

NIU has been tested a few times this year (the first half at Northwestern, UNLV's comeback bid, Arkansas' rampaging start, this KSU game) and has generally held up. I don't doubt the guts.
10-04-2014 11:29 PM
houstonhuskie Online
All American

Looking at CMU
(10-04-2014 11:27 PM)COHUSKIE Wrote:  You could look at this game an entirely different way. One mark of a good team is a team that plays terrible and still finds a way to win.

That's how I viewed the unlv game.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-04-2014 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.