Gametime 101
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Gametime 101
09-26-2014 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

missletoe9 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Gametime 101
Wish I could make it. I'll be there 9/3/15 though
09-26-2014 09:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: etsu /usc/uga
Just went by ETSU, there is already a good crowd. I'm picking up some friends and tailgating supplies and headed back to what is starting off to be a large turnout for the activities and scrimmage.

For all those people that express their desires for the University to engage the fans and the surrounding communities, IMO this event shows their commitment to do just that.

Load up the car, come on out and show your ETSU Pride, the athletic department and the football team would certainly appreciate your support.
09-27-2014 09:55 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Gametime 101
Great crowd here. Sander just called out the doubters on twitter. It's a great day to be a Buc!
09-27-2014 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
T minus four days. Wish I could be there but staying married takes precedent. Have fun, someone win $$$ at cornhole and twist up a GJ/Ginger for me.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-27-2014 03:26 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
I ended up being able to come after all due to the fact the time was moved to 4:15. I had prior commitments in the morning.
09-27-2014 04:12 PM
Advertisement

shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
My day was ruined by two drunk frat boys sitting directly behind my family. Their open discussion about whether there was any need to conceal their drinking was amusing. One, looking underage, reasoned to the other that the red solo cups everywhere gave them enough cover. None of my business until he dropped an effing s**t bomb in front of my two yearold. My wife proceeded to tell them off, and the underage smart alec responded that two yearolds learn to speak, too. She decided to look for an officer, and the other frat boy told a third friend, very loudly, that what's his name only said f**k, that's all. So, I turned around and said, "Seriously, he's only two guys. We're all just here to enjoy the football. Now let's do that. I recommend you hide your beer now." And then one of them either accidentally or intentionally spilled beer under my butt. So, if anyone saw that debacle, it was me and mine. The point remains, just wanted to watch some foorball. I'm definitely glad we have a new venue for underaged drinking. The loss of Cahootenany's was a devastating blow to the frat community.
09-27-2014 05:48 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I have never been prouder of ETSU! Today's event was well done. Players are coming together and will get better and better. Go Coach T. And company!
09-27-2014 05:50 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Who stood out for you today? I think Shawn Prevo is going to be a great RB for us. Sexton and Drake looked good at QB too.
09-27-2014 07:13 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(09-27-2014 05:50 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  I have never been prouder of ETSU! Today's event was well done. Players are coming together and will get better and better. Go Coach T. And company!

Regret that I was unable to be there. Viewing the photos -- it all looked AWSOME.

Way to go ETSU Athletics!! Go Bucs!!!
09-27-2014 07:58 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I was blown away by the number of people there.
09-27-2014 08:11 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(09-27-2014 07:13 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Who stood out for you today? I think Shawn Prevo is going to be a great RB for us. Sexton and Drake looked good at QB too.

I also thought Prevo looked good. Several receivers stood out too. But it is way, way early in our practice season and we have a long way to go. This team is going to make strides quickly. These are all new players who are mostly freshmen and I was impressed with what they showed today and I appreciate what the coaches have done so far. The Stone Castle awaits.
09-27-2014 08:14 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I was at the scrimmage until halftime, and it was clear that it was a new team with very little time together. I don't take much into it, but Prevo was exciting to watch. At least in the first half, I was underwhelmed by our quarterbacks. It seems like they all just wanted to take off and run with it- I hope we have a true quarterback that can throw somewhere on the team or on the radar for this next class.

I was impressed by the number of people there also. Good atmosphere, the TV was a great idea and moving the time to accommodate UT was a very good decision. The only thing that upset me was sitting around a lot of our students for the scrimmage. One of them asks another "are we in the same conference as Milligan?" The other "I don't know." I wanted to scream at them.
09-27-2014 08:31 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(09-27-2014 08:11 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I was blown away by the number of people there.

Estimates of over 3,000 --- and on a UT game day, imagine that (anyone see Fulmer?). Anyway, what a great way to launch this new era -- a class act to build from -- indeed.
09-27-2014 08:34 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Fulmer does a radio show saturdays in Nashville.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-27-2014 10:41 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Just a special day.
09-28-2014 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

(09-27-2014 08:31 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I was at the scrimmage until halftime, and it was clear that it was a new team with very little time together. I don't take much into it, but Prevo was exciting to watch. At least in the first half, I was underwhelmed by our quarterbacks. It seems like they all just wanted to take off and run with it- I hope we have a true quarterback that can throw somewhere on the team or on the radar for this next class.

I was impressed by the number of people there also. Good atmosphere, the TV was a great idea and moving the time to accommodate UT was a very good decision. The only thing that upset me was sitting around a lot of our students for the scrimmage. One of them asks another "are we in the same conference as Milligan?" The other "I don't know." I wanted to scream at them.

While it's nice to complain about qb play ALREADY, slow down. They've had about ten practices together and even less in full pads. New system, new ideals. They'll get there.
Prevo will be a badass if they can get him some help back there. I'm hoping Coach Gaines or whoever is camped out at Alcoa working Jacquez Tyson, and possibly the Turbyfill kid for the following class (Ask Greeneville about those two). They also should be taking a hard look at Blackman's Charlie Davidson. Mercer and Chattanooga have officially offered, Vandy wants in to redshirt him (he won't go there, people hate Karl Dorrell). He's big, he's nasty, but is about a half step slow for FBS football. He's the type of player that comes to FCS and becomes a legend by his senior year.
As for the students, remember, we've lost an ENTIRE GENERATION of fans. Ten years of not caring because there was no familiarity with who we were playing. The kids that are in college today were anywhere from 8-11 years old when football was dropped and ETSU went into rehab.
The key word, PATIENCE.
09-28-2014 11:33 AM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
I don't see anything wrong with calling the facts - no sign of an arm on that field yesterday. It would have been exciting to see some more/better passing. It's a fair comment to hope that it's already there (but unseen at scrimmage), or that we will find it. We got to see Prevo's talent, so why none of the Qbs' ?

They look like a high school team without enough time together. Because that's what they essentially are 1 month into their first season together. Patience is a virtue.

I think the event was done well, but after my experience with some of the drunken students who did come out, I wish they had done more to organize/patrol with public safety. Not the football team's fault.

Back to patience and students - every day, every week, month, season into the future has to be spent actively recruiting student attendance. No time for patience there. Football is going to be a money suck like it was before, it just needs to be a "cue goosebumps" sort of money suck for more than just the estimated 3000 excited ETSU football fans and their significant others/families.

That attendance figure is promising, but as my father reminded me UT gets 20,000 fans easily for their intersquad scrimmages. I sure hope we can count on more than 3000 at the real games next year.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 12:16 PM by shampoo.)
09-28-2014 12:08 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I saw a bunch of young, dedicated players doing their best and working to improve themselves every day. They are special to many of us. The quarterbacks had only had about 3 or 4 days practice in pads and about 8 days total. It is going to be fun watching this team grow. I also noticed graduate assistants working with the team. Undergraduates working with the team. Think about the students involved with making that great video. They are working on four years degrees also. Next year we will have many students in the band working towards degrees. These are opportunities for the young people in this area that were not on our campus the previous 11 years. If we looked at all departments as only their costs then there would be a lot of "money drains". Biology costs a lot of money but it is a vital part on the University's mission just as English, Sociology, Theater, Philosophy and all of the other departments. They are all important and football and band produce degrees just like the other departments and it is money very well spent.
09-28-2014 12:50 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
(09-28-2014 12:08 PM)shampoo Wrote:  That attendance figure is promising, but as my father reminded me UT gets 20,000 fans easily for their intersquad scrimmages. I sure hope we can count on more than 3000 at the real games next year.

There is no way you can compare us to UT at this point. Sure UT gets that many people for their scrimmages. They have a history and national championships and are in the SEC. UT then gets 5 times that amount at games. If we can get 15k at our games, that will be a great accomplishment. 3k is pretty damn good for a program that technically doesn't even exist yet.
09-28-2014 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.