Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Channel 4 had the video and audio on the 5 o'clock news
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
That pretty much makes it official. Petersonisaclown had the scoop like he said he did.
09-03-2014 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Channel 4 had the video and audio on the 5 o'clock news
(09-03-2014 05:09 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  That pretty much makes it official. Petersonisaclown had the scoop like he said he did.

Most likely all of the local stations will show it too. This may be the biggest sports scandal since the motorcycle wreck in NW Arkansas.
09-03-2014 05:18 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Channel 7 also had it at 5
09-03-2014 05:21 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 05:21 PM)RBL Wrote:  Channel 7 also had it at 5

FOX 16 had the same story at 5:30 as channel 4 had, but since they are owned by the same company and are using the same reporters, that made sense that they would.
09-03-2014 05:44 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(09-03-2014 05:44 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

FOX 16 had the same story at 5:30 as channel 4 had, but since they are owned by the same company and are using the same reporters, that made sense that they would.

Rather sad way for someone to go down. When PIC first posted, I didn't realize it was on the web broadcast. I just thought it came over the PA at the game, which would have led to nothing. This way it was on tape and recorded for everyone to see and hear. Didn't leave the chancellor a whole lot of choice. Still, if everything was hunky-dory and we were winning championships and rolling in dough, Dr. Anderson would have found a way to keep him. Suggests things weren't all the great in the athletic department.
09-03-2014 07:41 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 07:41 PM)mjs Wrote:  Rather sad way for someone to go down. When PIC first posted, I didn't realize it was on the web broadcast. I just thought it came over the PA at the game, which would have led to nothing. This way it was on tape and recorded for everyone to see and hear. Didn't leave the chancellor a whole lot of choice. Still, if everything was hunky-dory and we were winning championships and rolling in dough, Dr. Anderson would have found a way to keep him. Suggests things weren't all the great in the athletic department.

That's exactly what some here have been saying for several years, but we've been constantly told by a few of the huggers that everything at the Jack was hunky dory. We've been called "haters" and that we weren't "good loyal fans" because some of us wanted a better basketball program. I'm sad too that the end had to come like it did, because this bad publicity is just going to hurt the program even more, but maybe it'll wake some others up that have had their heads up their asses and saying everything was "just great."
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 08:07 PM by LRTrojan.)
09-03-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 08:01 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 07:41 PM)mjs Wrote:  Rather sad way for someone to go down. When PIC first posted, I didn't realize it was on the web broadcast. I just thought it came over the PA at the game, which would have led to nothing. This way it was on tape and recorded for everyone to see and hear. Didn't leave the chancellor a whole lot of choice. Still, if everything was hunky-dory and we were winning championships and rolling in dough, Dr. Anderson would have found a way to keep him. Suggests things weren't all the great in the athletic department.

That's exactly what some here have been saying for several years, but we've been constantly told by a few of the huggers that everything at the Jack was hunky dory. We've been called "haters" and that we weren't "good loyal fans" because some of us wanted a better basketball program. I'm sad too that the end had to come like it did, because this bad publicity is just going to hurt the program even more, but maybe it'll wake some others up that have had their heads up their asses and saying everything was "just great."

This was posted by someone on the UALR Twitter account-

So Chris Peterson likes to talk about Big Ol Titties.... Who doesn't??!!
09-03-2014 08:14 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 08:14 PM)mjs Wrote:  This was posted by someone on the UALR Twitter account-

He or she was probably correct in the post, but in today's world with all the technology and cell phones, you've got to be careful what you do and say. I really am sad to see someone go down like this. I'd much rather he had left for another job or just retired. I personally am not celebrating.

I wonder who Chris was talking to. He seemed to be interested in the lady's assets too. He may be job hunting too.
09-03-2014 08:28 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 08:28 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 08:14 PM)mjs Wrote:  This was posted by someone on the UALR Twitter account-

He or she was probably correct in the post, but in today's world with all the technology and cell phones, you've got to be careful what you do and say. I really am sad to see someone go down like this. I'd much rather he had left for another job or just retired. I personally am not celebrating.

I wonder who Chris was talking to. He seemed to be interested in the lady's assets too. He may be job hunting too.

I am glad someone else isn't celebrating another human being, being humiliated in public.

I figure the person he was chatting with, was an underling, who had no real choice but to agree with what Chris was saying. It's kind of hard to tell your boss "Hey, that's disgusting. Stop talking like that" if you want to keep your job.
09-03-2014 08:40 PM
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

(09-03-2014 08:14 PM)mjs Wrote:  

The haters who call themselves "good loyal fans" who won't even come to the games?. . . Whew!
09-03-2014 08:49 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 08:49 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  

The haters who call themselves "good loyal fans" who won't even come to the games?. . . Whew!

I've probably been to more games in the past thirty years than you have, so don't give me that **** *******.
09-03-2014 08:54 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I've probably been to more games than you have in the past thirty years, so don't start that **** with me. I guess your still in denial that this happened. According to you yesterday, someone was just making that up and telling lies about one of your buddies.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 09:01 PM by LRTrojan.)
09-03-2014 08:58 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

(09-03-2014 07:41 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 05:44 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

Rather sad way for someone to go down. When PIC first posted, I didn't realize it was on the web broadcast. I just thought it came over the PA at the game, which would have led to nothing. This way it was on tape and recorded for everyone to see and hear. Didn't leave the chancellor a whole lot of choice. Still, if everything was hunky-dory and we were winning championships and rolling in dough, Dr. Anderson would have found a way to keep him. Suggests things weren't all the great in the athletic department.

Hopefully they will update the Trojan tracker and online broadcast now so the live audio feed is stop during breaks. I haven't heard tucker or vint say anything disrespectful but there have been times where there have been some crazy comments during breaks. Tucker has yelled at the offsite producer on a few occasions when I think the producer has fell asleep or something and had commercials running while the game was going on. I don't know if tucker swears but one time I thought he was getting close to that.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 09:05 PM by LR Alum.)
09-03-2014 09:04 PM
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

(09-03-2014 08:58 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

I've probably been to more games than you have in the past thirty years, so don't start that **** with me. I guess your still in denial that this happened. According to you yesterday, someone was just making that up and telling lies about one of your buddies.

More basketball games than me over 30 years? Wrong. What made you think I was referring to you anyway? Then, again, if the shoe fits . . .
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 09:23 PM by Ynocpirt.)
09-03-2014 09:18 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 09:18 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  The haters who call themselves "good loyal fans" who won't even come to the games?. . . Whew!

More basketball games than me over 30 years? Wrong. What made you think I was referring to you anyway? Then, again, if the shoe fits . . .
[/quote]

Okay hugger, you're the only real fan here, go on back to your mourning.
09-03-2014 09:38 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

Definition of a "fan" from the internet-

"Marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion".

Mr. Mediocrity meets this criteria. So does RBL. For the most part, I do as well. I'm sure there are other definitions of this term that can be found.

I would think most Cubs' fans meet this definition.
09-03-2014 09:51 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2014 09:51 PM)mjs Wrote:  Definition of a "fan" from the internet-

"Marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion".

Mr. Mediocrity meets this criteria. So does RBL. For the most part, I do as well. I'm sure there are other definitions of this term that can be found.

I would think most Cubs' fans meet this definition.

If a skunk smells, I say it smells. I don't hold my nose as some evidently do. So if that eliminates me as a fan, so be it. Well, I hope you three fans enjoy yourselves. If it gets much worse, I doubt that the three of you pay enough money to keep the door open and pay Shields salary. Have fun.
09-03-2014 10:01 PM
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

(09-03-2014 09:38 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 09:18 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  The haters who call themselves "good loyal fans" who won't even come to the games?. . . Whew!

Okay hugger, you're the only real fan here, go on back to your mourning.
[/quote]

Ok, whiner, there are a few of us out here. Please enjoy the games from home, and I'll stop mourning.
09-04-2014 05:48 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 05:48 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  Ok, whiner, there are a few of us out here. Please enjoy the games from home, and I'll stop mourning.

And you were so sure that someone was telling lies about one of your heroes. There just couldn't be any truth to that story that Petersonisaclown posted. When is the memorial service going to be held? Some may want to send flowers.
09-04-2014 06:18 PM
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

(09-04-2014 06:18 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 05:48 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  Ok, whiner, there are a few of us out here. Please enjoy the games from home, and I'll stop mourning.

And you were so sure that someone was telling lies about one of your heroes. There just couldn't be any truth to that story that Petersonisaclown posted. When is the memorial service going to be held? Some may want to send flowers.

I'm going to one tomorrow. Thanks for asking. I wasn't sure that Petersonisaclown was incorrect. I just didn't have the overwhelming hope you did that it was true and am intelligent enough not to believe every rumor until it's proven. Hopefully, you will evolve to that point some day.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:35 PM by Ynocpirt.)
09-04-2014 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.