Wow what a coach! A new era! ....
08-30-2014 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaryMatthews Online
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
RE: A new era!
(08-30-2014 06:05 PM)AlskarJag Wrote:  Wow what a coach! A new era! ....

[Image: kermit-d-naija-frog-meme-generator-no-pl...b2b265.jpg]
08-30-2014 06:23 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
That was the most embarrassing performance by a JMU team I've ever seen. All this **** about changing the culture and all of that....Well, guess what? The culture talk is BS. Never, ever, ever, would a MM team go out there and put out such a **** show like today. Never. That team is unprepared, undisciplined, and flat out horrible. What a joke. All this crap about 5am workouts? Stay in bed and get some sleep.
08-30-2014 08:00 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

A new era!
https://twitter.com/mattjones36/status/5...1972641792

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-30-2014 08:06 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

I Root For: Old Dominion
To be fair, Maryland did the same thing to us last year, too. Not the greatest litmus test. I think JMU will still be improved over last year and you'll see it over the course of the season.
08-30-2014 08:15 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

A new era!
(08-30-2014 08:15 PM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  To be fair, Maryland did the same thing to us last year, too. Not the greatest litmus test. I think JMU will still be improved over last year and you'll see it over the course of the season.

Thx monarch!

08-30-2014 08:18 PM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
C.J. Brown is one hell of an athlete and Maryland is no slouch. You guys will be fine. Lick the wounds and ready up for @Lehigh.

(I've heard its picturesque there. Wish we had arranged a H-H back in the FCS days.)
08-30-2014 08:30 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

A new era!
Yeah I take nothing from this game. Looked more like nfl preseason than marquee matchup. Fwiw, we were discussing cj brown on ride home and while he was very athletic, his WR are going to be very frustrated this year from what we saw. Just didn't look very accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 08:37 PM by jmu007.)
08-30-2014 08:35 PM
bulldogg Offline
1st String

(08-30-2014 08:15 PM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  To be fair, Maryland did the same thing to us last year, too. Not the greatest litmus test. I think JMU will still be improved over last year and you'll see it over the course of the season.

I disagree with that.
08-30-2014 08:40 PM
2XDuke Offline
Water Engineer

A new era!
Here we go. The sky is falling already. I forgot why I don't like to read this during the season

08-30-2014 08:54 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

(08-30-2014 08:35 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  Yeah I take nothing from this game. Looked more like nfl preseason than marquee matchup. Fwiw, we were discussing cj brown on ride home and while he was very athletic, his WR are going to be very frustrated this year from what we saw. Just didn't look very accurate.

When you look at what Diggs and Long did in the stat column today it wasn't overwhelming, but they drove the MD offense. Most of the time, Marlowe was lined up over Diggs in the slot and we had a safety playing 22 yards off the LOS over the top. That does two big things. First, it takes our best player on defense out of what we'd like him to do. Second, it opens up everything underneath and you saw what happened there. It was a pick your poison situation for JMU and we picked the one that looked less sexy to the casual fan by not letting Diggs get and Long get deep (although Long still did once) but either way they killed us. That's not the way you want to play your defense.
08-30-2014 08:55 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Offline
All American

A new era!
(08-30-2014 08:55 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 08:35 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  Yeah I take nothing from this game. Looked more like nfl preseason than marquee matchup. Fwiw, we were discussing cj brown on ride home and while he was very athletic, his WR are going to be very frustrated this year from what we saw. Just didn't look very accurate.

When you look at what Diggs and Long did in the stat column today it wasn't overwhelming, but they drove the MD offense. Most of the time, Marlowe was lined up over Diggs in the slot and we had a safety playing 22 yards off the LOS over the top. That does two big things. First, it takes our best player on defense out of what we'd like him to do. Second, it opens up everything underneath and you saw what happened there. It was a pick your poison situation for JMU and we picked the one that looked less sexy to the casual fan by not letting Diggs get and Long get deep (although Long still did once) but either way they killed us. That's not the way you want to play your defense.

Solid analysis. WR group as a whole looked very impressive. Def the strength of that team

08-30-2014 09:04 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Maryland's passing offense was mediocre as expected, but it was troubling that JMU let CJ Brown run knowing that is his forte.
My big concern was the 3-4 alignment and the liberal use of freshmen early and often. It almost looked like Withers was doing a tryout in game situations. There were several guys out there in the first quarter who should not see playing time all year.
The game at the line of scrimmage wasn't as bad as the score indicates. The pass D was solid with the exception of #17 getting suckered for an easy TD over the top.
08-30-2014 09:05 PM
mistrhanky Offline
2nd String

I have no problem trying stuff out in this game. It matters not. The season begins next week.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
08-30-2014 09:07 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

A new era!
Mickey did it on occasion too. But was disappointing to give up highest number of points since 1979 to MD...they are no where near the best team we have played

08-30-2014 09:10 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Yeah, it's really no time to talk any **** and I don't mean that, but they win two or three games in the B1G. Wish 'em luck, you never know. I turned to my friends today and said "How are we going to win a game?". I'm obviously overreactive right now after that but that was just awful.
08-30-2014 09:16 PM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(08-30-2014 09:05 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Maryland's passing offense was mediocre as expected, but it was troubling that JMU let CJ Brown run knowing that is his forte.
My big concern was the 3-4 alignment and the liberal use of freshmen early and often. It almost looked like Withers was doing a tryout in game situations. There were several guys out there in the first quarter who should not see playing time all year.
The game at the line of scrimmage wasn't as bad as the score indicates. The pass D was solid with the exception of #17 getting suckered for an easy TD over the top.

And the 2 pass interference calls...
08-30-2014 09:18 PM
Madison 91 Forever Offline
1st String

A new era!
Chill. Give it time. I like Withers, and still have hope.

08-30-2014 09:29 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

-Withers had them completely unprepared at the start of the game. In the 1st 5 minutes of the game alone 6 penalties for 70 yds, including four 15 yarders. Interfering with the punt returner should never happen, but to happen twice in a row is unbelievable and absolutely inexcusable.
-Lee looked way over hyped. Poor passing, and didn't seem to be much of a runner.
-The OL struggled to pass block.
-The OL struggled to run block.
-The DL got shoved all over the place.
-The LBs looked absolutely lost.
-The tackling was atrocious.
-The secondary wasn't too bad, except for getting burned for a long bomb TD and 2 pass interference calls.
-The only 2 things I saw that were good was the punting and all the attractive co-eds in the stands.

Did I miss anything?
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 12:24 AM by BDKJMU.)
08-30-2014 09:48 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
A new era!
(08-30-2014 09:48 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  -Withers had them completely unprepared at the start of the game. In the 1st 5 minutes of the game alone 6 penalties for 70 yds, including four 15 yarders. Interfering with the punt returner should never happen, but to happen twice in a row is unbelievable and absolutely inexcusable.
-Lee looked way over hyped. Poor passing, and didn't seem to be much of a runner.
-The OL struggled to pass block.
-The OL struggled to run block.
-The DL got shoved all over the place.
-The LBs looked absolutely lost.
-The secondary wasn't too bad, except for getting burned for a long bomb TD and 2 pass interference calls.
-The only 2 things I saw that were good was the punting and all the attractive co-eds in the stands.

Did I miss anything?

Your love for Mickey and random stats?

Your right on all of the above, btw
08-30-2014 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.