Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Final MAC Tourney
Bookmark and Share
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Final MAC Tourney
Sorry I don't have a fancy bracket like Bull Run has made the past week or so.

Monday
12 Ball St. at 5 OU
11 Central at 6 Eastern
10 BG at 7 NIU
9 Kent at 8 Miami

Wednesday
5/12 winner vs. 8/9 winner
6/11 winner vs. 7/10 winner

Thursday
Akron vs. Wed. Game 1 winner
Buffalo vs. Wed. Game 2 winner

Friday
Western vs. Thursday Game 1 winner
Toledo vs. Thursday Game 2 winner

Saturday
2 Friday winners meet
03-08-2014 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Final MAC Tourney
(03-08-2014 07:54 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Sorry I don't have a fancy bracket like Bull Run has made the past week or so.

Monday
12 Ball St. at 5 OU
11 Central at 6 Eastern
10 BG at 7 NIU
9 Kent at 8 Miami

Wednesday
5/12 winner vs. 8/9 winner
6/11 winner vs. 7/10 winner

Thursday
Akron vs. Wed. Game 1 winner
Buffalo vs. Wed. Game 2 winner

Friday
Western vs. Thursday Game 1 winner
Toledo vs. Thursday Game 2 winner

Saturday
2 Friday winners meet

Here is the link to the official MAC site bracket if that helps

http://www.mac-sports.com/Portals/20/131...cket_1.pdf
03-08-2014 09:03 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
What I just realized - we go from having basically all the games in Cleveland on STO, to now the only televised game is the MACC. Yep, this TWC tv deal is really great. 03-puke
03-08-2014 09:15 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
I saw where all the games after Monday will be on Time Warner until the championship game.
03-08-2014 09:16 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Easier for some people in visual format.

[Image: 1314MACBracket_1.pdf]
03-08-2014 09:19 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

Indeed it does, thanks for the link.

Not expecting Miami to go too far, but at least we've done relatively well against teams in the upper bracket. The only team I don't think we can beat is Buffalo because of their size, but we'd only see them in the finals anyways. As far as the rest of the MAC is concerned, I can't see any of the 5-12 seeds making it past the semis. My money is on Toledo to go dancing.
03-08-2014 09:23 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(03-08-2014 09:23 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Indeed it does, thanks for the link.

Not expecting Miami to go too far, but at least we've done relatively well against teams in the upper bracket. The only team I don't think we can beat is Buffalo because of their size, but we'd only see them in the finals anyways. As far as the rest of the MAC is concerned, I can't see any of the 5-12 seeds making it past the semis. My money is on Toledo to go dancing.

There are a couple 'sleeper' teams no one wants to face and now they are Miami and NIU.
03-08-2014 11:20 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(03-08-2014 09:15 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  What I just realized - we go from having basically all the games in Cleveland on STO, to now the only televised game is the MACC. Yep, this TWC tv deal is really great. 03-puke

Horizon and OVC have semis on ESPNU and finals on ESPN2. WCC has quarters and beyond on ESPN2 and ESPN, CAA has semis and finals on NBCSports and MVC has the full tournament on CSN and finals on CBS (network). I would agree that TV coverage could be better considering parts of the league footprint won't get any games outside of the finals.
03-08-2014 11:54 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
I can see EMU getting into the finals.
03-09-2014 12:00 AM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-08-2014 11:54 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:15 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  What I just realized - we go from having basically all the games in Cleveland on STO, to now the only televised game is the MACC. Yep, this TWC tv deal is really great. 03-puke

Horizon and OVC have semis on ESPNU and finals on ESPN2. WCC has quarters and beyond on ESPN2 and ESPN, CAA has semis and finals on NBCSports and MVC has the full tournament on CSN and finals on CBS (network). I would agree that TV coverage could be better considering parts of the league footprint won't get any games outside of the finals.

The MAC could have had a TV deal like the Horizon league, where all games are played on homecourt and the finals are on a weeknight. We chose to have our tournament in one neutral site in an NBA arena where we get big crowds on the weekend. The Horizon has not demonstrated the ability to draw any fans at a neutral court, so they have just went for better TV coverage. If you get TWCSC, we have great coverage. If not, we don't.
03-09-2014 12:08 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(03-08-2014 11:20 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:23 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Indeed it does, thanks for the link.

There are a couple 'sleeper' teams no one wants to face and now they are Miami and NIU.

I can see that. If we're hitting our threes, Miami is deadly. That's a huge if. Much of it depends on whether or not Felder is getting points in the paint, that opens up everything on the outside. OU was smart and double teamed him every time he touched the ball, down the stretch when we needed to grind out possessions we had nowhere to pass it inside.

EMU has the best chance of the lower seeds to make a run. Good defense will always cause problems for other teams, even if there are times where you can't buy a basket. Some of Charlie Coles' teams weren't very good towards the end of his career, but even in his last few seasons we hung around in a lot of games just because our defense made you work for every shot (i.e. Kentucky).
03-09-2014 12:13 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

WMU just has balance no other team has in the MAC. My money is on the Broncos.
03-09-2014 12:31 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
MAC Tourney time is here !

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
03-09-2014 10:46 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-09-2014 12:31 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

They have height, and good shooters. They lack speed and athletic ability IMO.
03-09-2014 02:09 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-09-2014 02:09 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 12:31 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

They have height, and good shooters. They lack speed and athletic ability IMO.

Unfortunately, their height and athleticism come in one Shane Whittington shaped package forcing teams to collapse so their shooters can take open Js.
03-09-2014 02:17 PM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

I Root For: niu
Press and trap WMU and you have a decent chance to beat them.
03-09-2014 03:49 PM
Advertisement

BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
I think Buffalo has as good of a shot as anyone to win this thing. I look forward to playing Toledo again. UB lost that game on the road at the buzzer in late January, but this UB team is a lot better than they were a month and a half ago. Also look forward to a rematch with WMU because i know they are a much better team than the one UB beat by 21 points.
03-09-2014 05:03 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I've been on the UB bandwagon all season. The Bulls are my pick.

(That is not necessarily a good thing, UB fans.)
03-09-2014 05:44 PM
dekalb222 Offline
All American

I Root For: niu
If NIU can win on Monday night, I believe they will end up beating Buffalo!
03-09-2014 06:39 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Akron is the darkhorse (darkangaroo?) for me. I liked Buffalo until Akron beat them but I thought Akron underperformed this year. Maybe they're peaking.
03-09-2014 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.