Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Winter Olympics **NO SPOILER RESULTS**
Bookmark and Share
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
OT: Winter Olympics **NO SPOILER RESULTS**
I love the Olympics, especially The Winter Games. It was Olympic Hockey that got me into the sport in the first place. GO TEAM USA!!!

As a side note Florida Atlantic Alumni Brittany Bowe is a speedskater with the world record time in the women’s 1,000 meters competing in Sochi. Hope she flashes up some "owl fingers."

GO OWLS!!

***As a request from others, do not talk about or post any results until after the primetime showing, thank you!***
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 11:46 AM by NCowl.)
02-07-2014 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: OT: Winter Olympics
If you're going to have an Olympics thread, it needs to be decided NOW if results can be posted here as it happens, OR as it happens on NBC.
02-07-2014 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Might as well go ahead and get his out there.

30 Sexiest Women of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
02-07-2014 10:31 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

(02-07-2014 10:31 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Might as well go ahead and get his out there.

30 Sexiest Women of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

nice!

but they left off Amanda Kessel
[Image: Amanda_Kessel.jpg?itok=dw_kCRaF]
02-07-2014 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I say no results until after it is shown on TV.
02-07-2014 10:53 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(02-07-2014 10:53 AM)wh49er Wrote:  I say no results until after it is shown on TV.

Agreed!

Already got my plans set up... goin to a friend's place to do some 04-cheers with a fun drinking game I found 03-lol
02-07-2014 10:57 AM
Advertisement

FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

No results until after primetime! If people want to know the results, look them up and then keep them to yourself!
OP, could you post 'NO RESULTS" or something along those lines on the title.
Can't wait for hockey and curling! Go USA!!
02-07-2014 11:34 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: OT: Winter Olympics **NO RESULTS**
No more sports that require judges arbitrary numbers!! If it can't be timed or scored by legitimate scores, it's not a sport!!! 03-razz

Heck, they had some snowboarding on TV yesterday.... and that's one thing I hate. We haven't even had opening ceremonies and we're already having events?

So which Winter Olympic sports will i have interest in? Downhill Skiing and Slaloms, Ski Jump (although that breaks my "arbitrary number" rule.. but at least they still have to manage distance and stuff :) ) , Ice hockey, curling, Luge, Bobsled. I think that's about it.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 11:47 AM by DaSaintFan.)
02-07-2014 11:44 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: OT: Winter Olympics **NO SPOILER RESULTS**
Did anyone see the chick faceplant last night in the slopestyle....can't believe she got up.....can't find a vid
02-07-2014 11:52 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

(02-07-2014 11:44 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  So which Winter Olympic sports will i have interest in? Downhill Skiing and Slaloms, Ski Jump (although that breaks my "arbitrary number" rule.. but at least they still have to manage distance and stuff :) ) , Ice hockey, curling, Luge, Bobsled. I think that's about it.

What about snowboard cross, that's just racing and speed skating?
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 11:54 AM by NCowl.)
02-07-2014 11:53 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(02-07-2014 11:44 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  No more sports that require judges arbitrary numbers!! If it can't be timed or scored by legitimate scores, it's not a sport!!! 03-razz

Heck, they had some snowboarding on TV yesterday.... and that's one thing I hate. We haven't even had opening ceremonies and we're already having events?
So which Winter Olympic sports will i have interest in? Downhill Skiing and Slaloms, Ski Jump (although that breaks my "arbitrary number" rule.. but at least they still have to manage distance and stuff :) ) , Ice hockey, curling, Luge, Bobsled. I think that's about it.

They added like 9 new events, so they had to start earlier than usual to fit all of the new events in....Women and Men Slopestyle are new, Team FIgure Skating is new, Womens Ski Jumping is new and I am sure forgetting a few others......

Having primetime taped seems pointless as anyone can watch live events on their phone or online as they are happening...Unless you live in a cave it will be hard to not know results of something that happened 9 hours prior.....I guess you could watch soap operas all day or LIfetime to not see any results scrolling across the screen, but if you are college basketball fan it willl be hard to watch college basketball on a Saturday without seeing the results ...So good luck to those who are actually watching Primetime Olympics on NBC without knowing any results...
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 12:49 PM by WKUFan518.)
02-07-2014 12:47 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(02-07-2014 12:47 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 11:44 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  No more sports that require judges arbitrary numbers!! If it can't be timed or scored by legitimate scores, it's not a sport!!! 03-razz

They added like 9 new events, so they had to start earlier than usual to fit all of the new events in....Women and Men Slopestyle are new, Team FIgure Skating is new, Womens Ski Jumping is new and I am sure forgetting a few others......

Having primetime taped seems pointless as anyone can watch live events on their phone or online as they are happening...Unless you live in a cave it will be hard to not know results of something that happened 9 hours prior.....I guess you could watch soap operas all day or LIfetime to not see any results scrolling across the screen, but if you are college basketball fan it willl be hard to watch college basketball on a Saturday without seeing the results ...So good luck to those who are actually watching Primetime Olympics on NBC without knowing any results...

or post on a bbs and hope for the best..... 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 01:25 PM by stinkfist.)
02-07-2014 01:03 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

This may have already been asked but are there any current or former C-USA athletes in the winter olympics ?
02-07-2014 01:30 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina

So no more CFB rankings?
02-07-2014 01:30 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-07-2014 01:30 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  

So no more CFB rankings?

or bracketology, preseason, recruiting, etc.....
02-07-2014 01:34 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2014 01:30 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  This may have already been asked but are there any current or former C-USA athletes in the winter olympics ?

I forgot her name, Brittany Bowman? SHe is a former PG from FAU now on the US Speedskating Team....
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 01:58 PM by WKUFan518.)
02-07-2014 01:58 PM
Advertisement

NTTHOR Online
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(02-07-2014 01:30 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  This may have already been asked but are there any current or former C-USA athletes in the winter olympics ?

johnny quinn is part of the 4 man bobsled team...he played wr at north texas...
02-07-2014 02:02 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-07-2014 01:30 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  

So no more CFB rankings?

works for me... set up a playoff for conference champions...

Uhoh did i open that can of worms again? :)
02-07-2014 03:45 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
I like:

Hockey
Ski Jump
Moguls
Snowboarding events
Luge / Bobsled / Skeleton

And I will watch the ice skating stuff.

I can get into some of the speed skating stuff.
02-07-2014 06:46 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Speed skating and hockey are my favorites
02-07-2014 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.