Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You people are morons
Bookmark and Share
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
You people are morons
The last two games were inexusable and terrible, but if you're calling for the coach to be fired after a 12 win season or the OC to be fired after having the BEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE CONFERENCE, you're a real moron.

And no, there's no other way to put it.

Idiots. All of you.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 09:18 AM by 7.)
12-27-2013 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
RE: You people are morons
I am not calling for anyone to be fired but saying that you have the best offense in the MAC should have an asterisks by it considering the league is 10 - 27 over the last seven years in bowl games. Clearly there are struggles against OOC competition. I am sorry but I can only get so fired up these days hanging a 60 spot on the UMass's and EMU's of the world. Yeah the stats look good but if this program is going to take the next step it needs to beat MWC teams. You can only hang your hat on MAC production so much. I am ready for NIU to start winning the bigger games and so far Carey is 0 - 3 in those and we are 2 - 5 in our last seven bowl games. Again not calling for mass changes but I hope next year we take that next step. We have a tougher OOC slate but also a ton of talent coming back.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 09:31 AM by HuskieTap22.)
12-27-2013 09:29 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

They were the first team in the history of the conference to beat two Big Ten teams! You act like they rolled out of bed and it happened.

I mean my God.
12-27-2013 09:33 AM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
lol

All of yas!
12-27-2013 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
(12-27-2013 09:17 AM)7 Wrote:  The last two games were inexusable and terrible, but if you're calling for the coach to be fired after a 12 win season or the OC to be fired after having the BEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE CONFERENCE, you're a real moron.

And no, there's no other way to put it.

Idiots. All of you.

04-bow
12-27-2013 09:41 AM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

You people are morons
(12-27-2013 09:29 AM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  I am not calling for anyone to be fired but saying that you have the best offense in the MAC should have an asterisks by it considering the league is 10 - 27 over the last seven years in bowl games. Clearly there are struggles against OOC competition. I am sorry but I can only get so fired up these days hanging a 60 spot on the UMass's and EMU's of the world. Yeah the stats look good but if this program is going to take the next step it needs to beat MWC teams. You can only hang your hat on MAC production so much. I am ready for NIU to start winning the bigger games and so far Carey is 0 - 3 in those and we are 2 - 5 in our last seven bowl games. Again not calling for mass changes but I hope next year we take that next step. We have a tougher OOC slate but also a ton of talent coming back.

Against the 3 best D's we played this year we were 1-2...I guess defense wins championships...

Sent from my iPhone.
12-27-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

timxlydon Online
Left Hand Path

7, it's fair to say that people calling for the coaching staff to be fired are being morons, but you shouldn't rag on people for getting frustrated when things are clearly going bad and then the team loses. You act like just as much of a moron when you make fun of someone about stupid their comments when the Huskies lose. You're not better than anyone here and lately you've been a real turd. OMG Carey is 12-0 as OC, durrr! Well Carey isn't the OC he is the HC, and he needs to act like it. You can't call out players on TV at halftime. Maybe the team is performing so poorly because Carey's terrible attitude is taking away all their confidence. If you're not worried about next season, that's fine, but don't be an ass to people who are.
12-27-2013 10:02 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO

What about your claim that you wouldn't want any other kicker in a big game situation? How did that turn out for ya last night? Looks like your the moron, too.
12-27-2013 10:10 AM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
Our defense rebounded from the MACC and played well last night. They did exactly what they had to do which was keep us in the game. They even set us up late in the game to go up and possibly win it with that pick deep in Utah State territory. The offense was too vanilla with no deep plays and everything near the line and special teams dropped the ball big time. If even one of those areas plays better we win.

My concern is we are 2 - 5 in our last seven bowls. The OOC wins over the BIG are great and definitely huge for the program but I am ready for the next step. The MAC as a league sucks so it is hard to put a lot into running the table in conference as we (and the whole MAC) clearly get exposed against better competition. All we can do is keep recruiting and building.
12-27-2013 10:11 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-27-2013 10:10 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  7,

What about your claim that you wouldn't want any other kicker in a big game situation? How did that turn out for ya last night? Looks like your the moron, too.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUURRR

And I was wrong. It happens.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 10:20 AM by 7.)
12-27-2013 10:18 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-27-2013 10:02 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  7, it's fair to say that people calling for the coaching staff to be fired are being morons, but you shouldn't rag on people for getting frustrated when things are clearly going bad and then the team loses. You act like just as much of a moron when you make fun of someone about stupid their comments when the Huskies lose. You're not better than anyone here and lately you've been a real turd. OMG Carey is 12-0 as OC, durrr! Well Carey isn't the OC he is the HC, and he needs to act like it. You can't call out players on TV at halftime. Maybe the team is performing so poorly because Carey's terrible attitude is taking away all their confidence. If you're not worried about next season, that's fine, but don't be an ass to people who are.
Oh, there are absolutely questions about Carey and I have no problem with people being frustrated.

There have been multiple people calling for guys to be fired though. Come on.
12-27-2013 10:20 AM
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

This was his first year as an HC.

His in-game decision making needs to improve next year or he's not HC material. Two quick examples:

-Watch the last 5 minutes before halftime of the MACC.

-Last night, the fake punt he called on 4th & 1 deep in our own territory. We get a penalty to make it 4th & 6. USU was ready for it and he was still too bull-headed to call it off. USU had it covered yet it was somehow successful due to poor-tackling & a great effort by Maxwell.
12-27-2013 10:32 AM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

(12-27-2013 10:32 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  This was his first year as an HC.

His in-game decision making needs to improve next year or he's not HC material. Two quick examples:

-Last night, the fake punt he called on 4th & 1 deep in our own territory. We get a penalty to make it 4th & 6. USU was ready for it and he was still too bull-headed to call it off. USU had it covered yet it was somehow successful due to poor-tackling & a great effort by Maxwell.

agreed. how soon we forget about doeren's piss-poor clock management skills. we want to talk bad, there is carey's small flubs and then there is doeren out and out bad.
12-27-2013 10:44 AM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

ill agree with you since he's been injured/out. prior to that, the dude was ice. responsible for three NIU wins in clutch situations.
12-27-2013 10:45 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(12-27-2013 10:44 AM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  

agreed. how soon we forget about doeren's piss-poor clock management skills. we want to talk bad, there is carey's small flubs and then there is doeren out and out bad.

I liked when Carey waited till 5 seconds were left on the clock and decided to call the time out. Pointless then.
12-27-2013 10:46 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Re: RE: You people are morons
(12-27-2013 10:18 AM)7 Wrote:  

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUURRR

And I was wrong. It happens.

Uh oh, we got ourselves a grammer Nazi!

03-wink
12-27-2013 11:00 AM
Advertisement

chazb2 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Agree--that was a bone headed call and I don't care if it did work--it was stupid. The play should have been stopped. Many questions remain about Carey.
12-27-2013 11:09 AM
Huskie George Offline
Water Engineer

(12-27-2013 09:33 AM)7 Wrote:  They were the first team in the history of the conference to beat two Big Ten teams! You act like they rolled out of bed and it happened.

I mean my God.

Iowa played "not to loose". And Purdue was one of the worst teams in the country. Doesn't that tell you something about the MAC that we were the first team since 1946 to accomplish beating two Big 10 teams?
12-27-2013 11:42 AM
bigredmachine Offline
2nd String

Several things are now clear.
This team is not a good as we liked to think. They had a really weak schedule and barely won some games. Lynch is a nice player, but Heisman candidate? No.
We have no size on defense. Other lines just bull us around, and I don't see any new players next year who will make it better.
Offensively we get back almost everyone, but is that good considering the last two games? Our wide outs could not get open. Our line couldn't open holes. I was very optimistic until the last two games, but now I am very pessimistic and don't know if I can even attend any games next year. I know that sounds bad, but when you raise expectations as NIU has done the past two years, anything but a conference championship and a respectable bowl performance is a huge let down.
Despite the record this year, I think you have to question the entire staff and see if you need to improve in some areas. Trouble is we don't pay enough to attract really good coaches or keep them once we have them. I think Sean Frazier should sit down with Rod Carey and determine what his plan is going forward and satisfy himself that there is a plan. Next year, we will lose at ARK and at NU. The rest? Who knows? It's the MAC and despite all the talk, the MAC sucks. 0-4 in bowl games so far and not a good team among them. BG got blown out by a horrible Indiana team. I'm questioning how stupid we have been to pour millions of dollars into the Yordon/Chessick facilities when the best we can do is this.
12-27-2013 11:53 AM
yesman815 Offline
All American

I just think Carey is inexperienced and it showed! He will get better with time.

Never said to get fired. Just said bad coaching in times that counted
12-27-2013 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.