I hope he can get that team going in the ACC...I liked him as a coach
11-30-2013 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Doerns first year 3-9
(11-30-2013 04:59 PM)elhombre14 Wrote:  I hope he can get that team going in the ACC...I liked him as a coach

When he gets his players in there , NCState will be a force. I think a person would be hard pressed to find 10 better coaches in the country than Doeren.
11-30-2013 05:05 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
I hope he does poorly next season. Nothing personal, just nice to illustrate that poaching our coaches doesn't guarantee success.
11-30-2013 05:24 PM
niudos Offline
2nd String

I Root For: niu
Jerry Kill, Rod Carey, Sabin, Chris Peterson, Pat Fitzgerald, Duke's Coach, Gus Malzone, Florida ST Coach, Georgia's Coach, Les Miles, Urban Meyer
11-30-2013 05:27 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2013 05:27 PM)niudos Wrote:  Jerry Kill, Rod Carey, Sabin, Chris Peterson, Pat Fitzgerald, Duke's Coach, Gus Malzone, Florida ST Coach, Georgia's Coach, Les Miles, Urban Meyer

Ok I trust the Jerry Kill thing is a joke, take Chris Peterson and Les Miles off there for sure.
11-30-2013 05:30 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Jerry Kill is more proven than Doeren. I'm not gonna compare them, because the track record isn't there. I think both are excellent coaches, but Doeren wouldn't have been successful at NIU without Kill's players.

Idk all of nc states issues, but to not win a conference game is unacceptable. Ironically, his dude Bielema didn't win a conference game either.
11-30-2013 05:37 PM
Advertisement

niudos Offline
2nd String

I Root For: niu
Not a joke. Steve Spurrier also. Doren showed that he could coach the best team,but not sure if he is a good coach yet. So far, he has shown that if he doesn't have great players, not so good.
11-30-2013 05:38 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(11-30-2013 05:24 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  I hope he does poorly next season. Nothing personal, just nice to illustrate that poaching our coaches doesn't guarantee success.

If your theory holds, than Toledo need not worry for a while.
11-30-2013 05:39 PM
yesman815 Offline
All American

we also find out what Doeren left us with next year!!!!

He had a pretty weak schedule this year in the ACC. I guarantee next year he will get Miami, VA tech, FSU, and more! Plus a harder non conference schedule.

I wish him luck, but many coaches could come in and take that NIU team to 2 years in a row! He also left before Orange Bowl! You guys were mad at Kill. He left before Humanitarian Bowl (not the biggest bowl game in NIU history!)
11-30-2013 05:40 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2013 05:37 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  Jerry Kill is more proven than Doeren. I'm not gonna compare them, because the track record isn't there. I think both are excellent coaches, but Doeren wouldn't have been successful at NIU without Kill's players.

Idk all of nc states issues, but to not win a conference game is unacceptable. Ironically, his dude Bielema didn't win a conference game either.

I don't think the two can even be remotely compared, Doeren is 100 times better coach than Kill. The only way it compares is if you give Kill credit for things that he takes credit for instead of what he actually should take credit for. Kill rebuilt NIU football, I guess hahaha
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 05:52 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
11-30-2013 05:50 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Dude you're clueless.

Jerry Kill was good at SIU. He may not have rebuilt NIU, but he went to three bowls and a MAC title game. He also recruited almost all of the players that went to the orange bowl and a good portion of this years team. He won 11 games at NIU.

At Minnesota, he is taking them to back to back bowls. They are probably in the bottom tier as far as athletic talent in the big ten goes. Oh, and even when Minnesota was atrocious, he never went winless in conference play. He also didnt get hammered by an in state mid major like Doeren.

Doeren is good, but his track record is nowhere near Kills, stop being so bitter.
11-30-2013 05:57 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Re: RE: Doerns first year 3-9
(11-30-2013 05:40 PM)yesman815 Wrote:  we also find out what Doeren left us with next year!!!!

He had a pretty weak schedule this year in the ACC. I guarantee next year he will get Miami, VA tech, FSU, and more! Plus a harder non conference schedule.

I wish him luck, but many coaches could come in and take that NIU team to 2 years in a row! He also left before Orange Bowl! You guys were mad at Kill. He left before Humanitarian Bowl (not the biggest bowl game in NIU history!)

No. He left before the MACC - just not physically.
11-30-2013 05:59 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:So far, he has shown that if he doesn't have great players, not so good.

Good point. Some coaches are great at coaching great teams with good players, but aren't good with lackluster teams without good players. Other coaches aren't so great coaching great teams with great players (and only being above average team), but are good with lackluster teams without good players (making them above average team).
11-30-2013 06:00 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2013 05:57 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  Dude you're clueless.

Jerry Kill was good at SIU. He may not have rebuilt NIU, but he went to three bowls and a MAC title game. He also recruited almost all of the players that went to the orange bowl and a good portion of this years team. He won 11 games at NIU.

At Minnesota, he is taking them to back to back bowls. They are probably in the bottom tier as far as athletic talent in the big ten goes. Oh, and even when Minnesota was atrocious, he never went winless in conference play. He also didnt get hammered by an in state mid major like Doeren.

Doeren is good, but his track record is nowhere near Kills, stop being so bitter.

Quitting on your team during championship week, that's inexcusable, and never can be forgiven, and not the sign of a good coach.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 06:03 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
11-30-2013 06:03 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't think that his former players would support him so much if he quit on the team during the championship week. I know why you would say that but guys like yesman know what really happened.

Look, I hate the way he left town and I think that it was selfish not to leave the assistant coaches in place for the Bowl game but that is over and done with and I have moved on.

What I do know is that coach Kill is an outstanding coach who has been successful at each stop during his career. What he has accomplished at Minnesota is impressive and I wish him well.
11-30-2013 06:41 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(11-30-2013 06:41 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  I don't think that his former players would support him so much if he quit on the team during the championship week. I know why you would say that but guys like yesman know what really happened.

Look, I hate the way he left town and I think that it was selfish not to leave the assistant coaches in place for the Bowl game but that is over and done with and I have moved on.

What I do know is that coach Kill is an outstanding coach who has been successful at each stop during his career. What he has accomplished at Minnesota is impressive and I wish him well.

+1, Novak built the foundation, but its safe to say that Kill's recruiting and the offense he brought to NIU is what has really pushed NIU to the top the last 5 years. The man is a helluva coach and NIU owes a lot to him.
11-30-2013 06:46 PM
Advertisement

elhombre14 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-30-2013 06:46 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 06:41 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  I don't think that his former players would support him so much if he quit on the team during the championship week. I know why you would say that but guys like yesman know what really happened.

+1, Novak built the foundation, but its safe to say that Kill's recruiting and the offense he brought to NIU is what has really pushed NIU to the top the last 5 years. The man is a helluva coach and NIU owes a lot to him.

Not a fan of his clock management or how Kill left or the fact that he didnt win a bowl or MACC game

But he got 2 of the best players in NIU history to come (Ward and Lynch)
Thats all I like about him
11-30-2013 07:17 PM
yesman815 Offline
All American

MADD Dawg jump over to being an NC state fan!

Also, all you claim kill was not in the MACC

We did everything normal with practice and preparation

That was the one game where I said the locker room feels different before the game. Didn't have the same feeling as Fresno, Illinois or any of that emotions with the players

Also Miami was a pass team and we played bad with pass coverage that year

Another we lost on a 4th and 20 fluke tip

Quit crying and give respect to where it is earned. Kill recruited all these players
11-30-2013 07:53 PM
yesman815 Offline
All American

Also Doeren left before Orange Bowl???? That doesn't piss u off???

Y'all are fans and kill didn't hurt u guys! If someone was am it should be the players

But guess what the players respect kill
11-30-2013 07:55 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(11-30-2013 05:59 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 05:40 PM)yesman815 Wrote:  we also find out what Doeren left us with next year!!!!

No. He left before the MACC - just not physically

Yes...I agree. the man has not earned my respect. I think he's a low life. As far as Doeren goes...he's gone now too so I don't give a rat's a$$ about how he does. Why does it matter how he's doing?
He left before the orange bowl...that's his mess up. He could have written himself another 100K into his paycheck if he had waited. I don't hate the guy...just don't care.
11-30-2013 11:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.