Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL.com: Shane Carden (ECU) Best QB of Week 11
Bookmark and Share
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
NFL.com: Shane Carden (ECU) Best QB of Week 11
Quote:1. Shane Carden, East Carolina

The key stats: 34 of 50, 384 yards, 5 TDs, 0 interceptions, 2 rushing TDs in win vs. Tulsa

The buzz: Carden had a rushing TD in each half, and threw three TD passes in the second half. He completed passes to 10 receivers, and four receivers had TD catches. It was his second five-TD game of the season, and he has 11 TD passes in the past three games.

Link
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 12:38 PM by PurpleReigns.)
11-10-2013 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUR8R Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
RE: NFL.com Shane Carden (ECU) Best QB of Week 11
Carden deserves the nod, great performance. Wish Taylor Heinicke could have cracked the top 10. He had over 530 yards and 5 total TD's heading into the 4th quarter at Idaho for ODU's first ever FBS win.
11-10-2013 12:01 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: NFL.com Shane Carden (ECU) Best QB of Week 11
(11-10-2013 12:01 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Carden deserves the nod, great performance. Wish Taylor Heinicke could have cracked the top 10. He had over 530 yards and 5 total TD's heading into the 4th quarter at Idaho for ODU's first ever FBS win.

IMO...Taylor is just as good as Carden. He is a great player.
11-10-2013 12:05 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: NFL.com: Shane Carden (ECU) Best QB of Week 11
Heinicke certainly deserved to be in the discussion and on the list. Congrats to Carden. He's had just a super year and deserves all the recognition that he gets.
11-10-2013 02:12 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2013 12:05 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 12:01 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Carden deserves the nod, great performance. Wish Taylor Heinicke could have cracked the top 10. He had over 530 yards and 5 total TD's heading into the 4th quarter at Idaho for ODU's first ever FBS win.

IMO...Taylor is just as good as Carden. He is a great player.

They are both excellent players and leaders of their respective teams that personify the true meaning of a student athlete.
11-10-2013 02:24 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I think we'll see at least one of the two on Sundays....Carden had a helluva game yesterday.
11-10-2013 02:57 PM
Advertisement

GO_MONARKS Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Both are awesome. Carden a rock!!!
11-11-2013 07:30 AM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
If ECU had any kind of running game, they would be very, very dangerous. What I don't get, given the shocking numbers Carden puts up...why not dedicate yourselves to run the ball more?

That lack of balance seems like a glaring weakness.

Man, I can't wait for MU v. ECU. That is going to be the best CUSA game in at least 5 years! I don't pretend to know how MU stops Carden. Both teams are pretty good on D. Both teams are incredibly good offensively (despite ECU's rushing woes). Anyone's guess. My guess is that SOMEONE is going to piss away the game with mistakes.
11-11-2013 07:38 AM
ManiacMark Offline
1st String

I Root For: ARRRRRRRRRR
(11-11-2013 07:38 AM)Greg H Wrote:  If ECU had any kind of running game, they would be very, very dangerous. What I don't get, given the shocking numbers Carden puts up...why not dedicate yourselves to run the ball more?

Man, I can't wait for MU v. ECU. That is going to be the best CUSA game in at least 5 years! I don't pretend to know how MU stops Carden. Both teams are pretty good on D. Both teams are incredibly good offensively (despite ECU's rushing woes). Anyone's guess. My guess is that SOMEONE is going to piss away the game with mistakes.

When the pass works, why run? We run the air raid, not the ground raid. I still think that Vintavious Cooper is one of the best backs in the league.
11-11-2013 08:57 AM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-11-2013 08:57 AM)ManiacMark Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:38 AM)Greg H Wrote:  If ECU had any kind of running game, they would be very, very dangerous. What I don't get, given the shocking numbers Carden puts up...why not dedicate yourselves to run the ball more?

When the pass works, why run? We run the air raid, not the ground raid. I still think that Vintavious Cooper is one of the best backs in the league.

Coop is averaging over 4 yards per attempt. Not good when you compare him to other rushers, but that is a good enough output for our offense.

Shane IS the playmaker. So why not utilize the weapons we have? He is 5th in completions; 3rd in Completion %; 8th in passing yards; 6th for passing TDs; thrown only 5 INTs; 22nd in passer efficiency.
11-11-2013 09:19 AM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-11-2013 09:19 AM)PGPirate Wrote:  

Coop is averaging over 4 yards per attempt. Not good when you compare him to other rushers, but that is a good enough output for our offense.

Shane IS the playmaker. So why not utilize the weapons we have? He is 5th in completions; 3rd in Completion %; 8th in passing yards; 6th for passing TDs; thrown only 5 INTs; 22nd in passer efficiency.

Somewhere, sometime, you might come up against a pretty good pass defense. In that game, it would be nice if you could run the ball. Oh wait, it already happened. Virginia Tech SHUT DOWN Carden. You see the result. I was at that game. They ran the ball with Cooper on the first series (I think it was the first one) and scored easily. After that, they stopped running and looked like crap the rest of the game. If only ECU had COMMITTED to run the ball, even 45% of the time, I think they would have beaten VT.
11-11-2013 10:25 AM
Advertisement

ManiacMark Offline
1st String

(11-11-2013 10:25 AM)Greg H Wrote:  

Somewhere, sometime, you might come up against a pretty good pass defense. In that game, it would be nice if you could run the ball. Oh wait, it already happened. Virginia Tech SHUT DOWN Carden. You see the result. I was at that game. They ran the ball with Cooper on the first series (I think it was the first one) and scored easily. After that, they stopped running and looked like crap the rest of the game. If only ECU had COMMITTED to run the ball, even 45% of the time, I think they would have beaten VT.

You are missing my point...It is one thing to say we are a bad rushing team. It is another to say we rarely run. Over the course of the season if we had 50-50 pass/rush plays, I think your observation would be different.
11-11-2013 10:28 AM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-11-2013 10:28 AM)ManiacMark Wrote:  

You are missing my point...It is one thing to say we are a bad rushing team. It is another to say we rarely run. Over the course of the season if we had 50-50 pass/rush plays, I think your observation would be different.

It very well may be. To your point on Cooper, I think he's no better than 3rd in CUSA behind Watts and Butler. He'd be a lot better if they would use him...and, hard as it is to believe, I think Carden would too.
11-11-2013 10:34 AM
ManiacMark Offline
1st String

(11-11-2013 10:34 AM)Greg H Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:57 AM)ManiacMark Wrote:  When the pass works, why run? We run the air raid, not the ground raid. I still think that Vintavious Cooper is one of the best backs in the league.

It very well may be. To your point on Cooper, I think he's no better than 3rd in CUSA behind Watts and Butler. He'd be a lot better if they would use him...and, hard as it is to believe, I think Carden would too.

I agree with all of that except the last part... Carden likes the quick no huddle quick pass offense.
11-11-2013 10:36 AM
pirateadam Offline
2nd String

Most of our passes are essentially an extended handoff. We will get the ball in Coopers hands both running and passing. Jones is turning into quite an option at receiver in addition to Hardy. We have multiple weapons so you can try to slow down hardy but other players will be open. Defense continues to improve every week so it should be a good game.
11-11-2013 05:47 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

How did this turn into an ECU/Marshall pissing contest?
11-11-2013 06:04 PM
Advertisement

ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
Okay, some are making some false assumptions about our offense. Here are the numbers

Rushes 308 for 943 yards net, total of 1215, loss of 272 (175 on sacks) oppents have rushed 302 times

Passing 405 ATT for 3065

So 308 rushes to 405 passes total 713 plays we're rushing about 38% of the time

RUSHING............GP.....Att....Gain....Loss.....Net......Avg....TD....Long.......Avg/G
COOPER, Vntvus...9......148....672......44.....628.......4.2.....6......28.........69.8
HAIRSTON, Chris...9.......39....145.......6......139.......3.6.....3......22.........15.4
Allen, Breon..........6.......27....117.......2......115.......4.3.....1......19.........19.2
Carden, Shane......9.......68.....218.....173......45.......0.7.....7......24..........5.0

Carden passing numbers

PASSING..........GP......Effic....Cmp-Att-Int....Pct.....Yards....TD.....Long....Avg/G
Carden, Shane....9......154.5...285-391-5.....72.9....2973.....24......48......330.3
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013 06:33 PM by ecumbh1999.)
11-11-2013 06:32 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
Not sure why we have to beat a dead horse. Carden is the best QB in the conference. Done
11-11-2013 06:56 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I agree. After 2 weeks to stew the OC came out with a perfect play mix with lots of running to maul UNC to the tune of 55 points and it could have been worse. He could've beaten VT with more commitment to the run.
11-11-2013 07:04 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2013 10:34 AM)Greg H Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:57 AM)ManiacMark Wrote:  When the pass works, why run? We run the air raid, not the ground raid. I still think that Vintavious Cooper is one of the best backs in the league.

No arguing about the 2 you mention, but Cooper is the perfect back for our offense. He can run, catch it, and pass block very well.
11-11-2013 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.