Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bull Run MAC Power Rankings
Bookmark and Share
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Bull Run MAC Power Rankings
W8 Team Tier Change Game Comment
1 Ball State 1 1 Win 38-17 at WMU They don't have the undefeated record but Ball State is playing the best whistle to whistle football in the conference.
2 NIU 1 -1 Winn 38-17 at CMU I know all the talk will be about the amazing day Jordan Lynch had but these games where they let poor teams hang around may mean trouble later on.
3 BGSU 2 1 Bye Moved up on the Bye Week because of Toledo's trouble with navy and lingering injuries.
4 Buffalo 2 1 Winn 32-3 vs Umass UB once again got out to a very slow start against a much weaker opponent. Worse than that Buffalo took a few key injuries.
5 Toledo 2 -2 W 45-44 vs Navy This was a very costly win for Toledo. If Fluellen's knee is seriously injured the Toledo Offense has lost their most effective weapon just when their schedule starts to lighten up.
6 Ohio 2 0 Win 56-28 at EMU The final score makes it look like Ohio dominated the Eagles but the fact of the matter is that EMU was in driving to take the lead well into the game.
7 Kent 2 0 L 38-21 at South Alabama Kent avoids falling only because of the people being them. Dri Archer being back in the saddle was not enough to make up for a terrible third down defense.
8 Akron 3 1 W 24-17 at Miami The Zips win elevated them out of the bottom cluster of teams in the conference. They are playing better football than their record indicates.
9 CMU 3 -1 L 38-17 vs NIU The Chips hung around with NIU for the first half but they had no answer for Lynch. Next week they get Ball State but they finish with UMass, EMU, and WMU so 6-6 is within reach.
10 UMass 4 0 Loss 32-3 at Buffalo The Minute Men did not get their first FBS win streak today but at least next week they host Western Michigan.
11 EMU 4 0 Loss 56-28 vs Ohio Typical EMU Game. For everything one thing they did right they did three or more wrong. The Eagles were tied at 21 and driving to take the lead. Then Ohio Woke up.
12 WMU 4 0 Loss 38-17 vs Ball State The Bronco's last, best chance for a win might just be next week when they Row their boat out east to take on the Minutemen.
13 Miami 4 0 L 24-17 vs Akron This may have been Miami's last "winnable" game of the season. The RedHawks can start thinking about playing spoiler for the rest of the season.
10-19-2013 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Online
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: Bull Run MAC Power Rankings
20 consecutive MAC wins and Huskies move down? Ball St has a heckeva team,but until someone beats the Champ the Champ is still the champ.
10-19-2013 10:10 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
If Ball State won against North Texas, you would have a solid argument for putting them at number one. However, the fact that NIU has won 20 MAC games in a row puts them on top until someone knocks them off.
10-19-2013 10:15 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
Doesn't really make any sense that Kent State is in a tier above Akron and CMU. I know I sound biased but CMU is 2-2 in the MAC with a win over Ohio. They should be higher.
10-19-2013 10:23 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
CMU has a much better team than WMU, the scores were the same, but now BSU plays better whistle to whistle?

Hmmmmm....
10-19-2013 10:29 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-19-2013 10:10 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  20 consecutive MAC wins and Huskies move down? Ball St has a heckeva team,but until someone beats the Champ the Champ is still the champ.

I think the trigger finger has been itchy for some time to move the Huskies down :) That's ok , I like to see the disrespect! NIU is the team everyone loves to hate now, which is a sign of good things.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013 10:38 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
10-19-2013 10:37 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(10-19-2013 10:29 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  CMU has a much better team than WMU, the scores were the same, but now BSU plays better whistle to whistle?

Hmmmmm....

Not to mention the CMU team we just beat on the road beat Ohio last weekend.
10-19-2013 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-19-2013 10:41 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(10-19-2013 10:29 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  CMU has a much better team than WMU, the scores were the same, but now BSU plays better whistle to whistle?

Hmmmmm....

Not to mention the CMU team we just beat on the road beat Ohio last weekend.

That is about 3 games worth of offense that WMU put up on BSU today.
10-19-2013 10:43 PM
NIUBIGGS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
DonatorsDonators
(10-19-2013 09:57 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  W8 Team Tier Change Game Comment
1 Ball State 1 1 Win 38-17 at WMU They don't have the undefeated record but Ball State is playing the best whistle to whistle football in the conference.
2 NIU 1 -1 Winn 38-17 at CMU I know all the talk will be about the amazing day Jordan Lynch had but these games where they let poor teams hang around may mean trouble later on.
3 BGSU 2 1 Bye Moved up on the Bye Week because of Toledo's trouble with navy and lingering injuries.
4 Buffalo 2 1 Winn 32-3 vs Umass UB once again got out to a very slow start against a much weaker opponent. Worse than that Buffalo took a few key injuries.
5 Toledo 2 -2 W 45-44 vs Navy This was a very costly win for Toledo. If Fluellen's knee is seriously injured the Toledo Offense has lost their most effective weapon just when their schedule starts to lighten up.
6 Ohio 2 0 Win 56-28 at EMU The final score makes it look like Ohio dominated the Eagles but the fact of the matter is that EMU was in driving to take the lead well into the game.
7 Kent 2 0 L 38-21 at South Alabama Kent avoids falling only because of the people being them. Dri Archer being back in the saddle was not enough to make up for a terrible third down defense.
8 Akron 3 1 W 24-17 at Miami The Zips win elevated them out of the bottom cluster of teams in the conference. They are playing better football than their record indicates.
9 CMU 3 -1 L 38-17 vs NIU The Chips hung around with NIU for the first half but they had no answer for Lynch. Next week they get Ball State but they finish with UMass, EMU, and WMU so 6-6 is within reach.
10 UMass 4 0 Loss 32-3 at Buffalo The Minute Men did not get their first FBS win streak today but at least next week they host Western Michigan.
11 EMU 4 0 Loss 56-28 vs Ohio Typical EMU Game. For everything one thing they did right they did three or more wrong. The Eagles were tied at 21 and driving to take the lead. Then Ohio Woke up.
12 WMU 4 0 Loss 38-17 vs Ball State The Bronco's last, best chance for a win might just be next week when they Row their boat out east to take on the Minutemen.
13 Miami 4 0 L 24-17 vs Akron This may have been Miami's last "winnable" game of the season. The RedHawks can start thinking about playing spoiler for the rest of the season.

I really does not bother me that you think BSU is better than us, we have had troubles putting teams away. But do you really think Buffalo is the 4th best team in the MAC, when your teams 5 wins came from teams with a combined record of 5 and 29?
10-19-2013 10:50 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
doesn't score offensive TD at home vs UMass until 4th quarter, moves ahead of Bowling Green. Scores 8 offensive TDs on road vs EMU, lucky to not get bumped below 6th. makes since.
10-19-2013 11:05 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
(10-19-2013 10:50 PM)NIUBIGGS Wrote:  
(10-19-2013 09:57 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  W8 Team Tier Change Game Comment

I really does not bother me that you think BSU is better than us, we have had troubles putting teams away. But do you really think Buffalo is the 4th best team in the MAC, when your teams 5 wins came from teams with a combined record of 5 and 29?

I understand everyones doubts about UB because of the schedule, but I think there needs to be consideration on how we are beating these teams. We are winning each of these games convincingly by three or more touchdowns and our starters are hardly playing in the fourth quarter.

Yes we will get a real good look on good we actually are next weekend at Kent and on 11/5 vs. Ohio, but UB is just one win from being bowl eligible so they should be given some credit for winning the games that are on their schedule.
10-19-2013 11:05 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Fluellen's injury was to his back and appears to be less serious than it appeared to be. We'll know more tomorrow. Hard to believe his knee WASN'T injured.
10-20-2013 12:15 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Flu has a back injury, and it's TBD how severe it is. No knees involved thankfully.

NIU-beat CMU like Toledo did, so for that I'll believe and keep em 1.
BSU-

BG
Toledo
Buffalo

OU
CMU
KSU

REST.
10-20-2013 12:17 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

Glad to here Flu's knee was not hurt... I had heard it was a Knee injury.
10-20-2013 01:44 AM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
That's funny.
10-20-2013 07:33 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Flu's backups had good games against the Navy.True Fr RB Kareem Hunt had 127 yds in 15 carries including a 52 yd TD jaunt for the Rockets. RsFr RB Damion Jones-Moore had some important totes around the goalline late in the game, including a score
10-20-2013 08:12 AM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(10-19-2013 11:05 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  doesn't score offensive TD at home vs UMass until 4th quarter, moves ahead of Bowling Green. Scores 8 offensive TDs on road vs EMU, lucky to not get bumped below 6th. makes since.

Eastern started the game with a kickoff return for TD. Ohio then scores 3 TD's to finish out the first quarter.

EMU crawled back into the game enough for Ohio to keep in its starters until the 4th. The outcome of the game was never in doubt even though EMU briefly tied it up.
10-20-2013 11:31 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The outcome was certainly in doubt when EMU was tied 21-21 and driving for the lead late in the 3rd quarter (5:00 mark?) when they got picked off in the end zone. The game turned right there. EMU collapsed and Ohio U scored 3 TD's in the last few minutes of the 3rd to end it. Had EMU scored and gotten the lead, who knows? Probably would still have lost, but...
10-20-2013 11:53 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(10-20-2013 11:53 AM)axeme Wrote:  The outcome was certainly in doubt when EMU was tied 21-21 and driving for the lead late in the 3rd quarter (5:00 mark?) when they got picked off in the end zone. The game turned right there. EMU collapsed and Ohio U scored 3 TD's in the last few minutes of the 3rd to end it. Had EMU scored and gotten the lead, who knows? Probably would still have lost, but...

Yea After Ohio lost to CMU last week to have EMU driving for the lead seemed legit.
10-20-2013 06:44 PM
Aries_Rocket Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(10-19-2013 10:10 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  20 consecutive MAC wins and Huskies move down? Ball St has a heckeva team,but until someone beats the Champ the Champ is still the champ.

That must have been one crappy game. Both NIU and CMU drop a spot.
10-20-2013 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.