UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB's own Gary Sanders goes off on lack of stadium on NBC13 (video)
UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UAB's own Gary Sanders goes off on lack of stadium on NBC13 (video)
Hall of Fame voice of the Blazers discussed Garrick McGee and the stadium plan on NBC 13 with Don Hawes:
http://www.alabamas13.com/story/23519472...nd-blazers
09-25-2013 12:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
RE: UAB's own Gary Sanders goes off on lack of stadium on NBC13 (video)
Love it! Shed more light on the cockroaches!
09-25-2013 12:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dracarys Offline
Bench Warmer

Great interview! Thanks for posting.
09-25-2013 02:01 AM
BlazerFire Offline
1st String

Hats off to Gary Sanders....
09-25-2013 07:17 AM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

I'm a stadium guy, too.

Unfortunately, Coach McGee's hands "are" tied behind his back for lack of "on campus stadium", which puts a "HUGE" damper on recruiting, especially in state, and that is "exactly" why the Crimson Tide biased Board of Trustees will have no part of it, so Alabama football will continue to dominate in state recruiting.

Watts and Mackin and McGee are afraid of job security and, too, are afraid that the BOT will pull the plug on football if they raise a stink.

Lily livered - Weak and timid. Yellow bellied - Easily frightened.

Sanders knows darn well that recruiting would "skyrocket" with the inception of a new on campus stadium, which would also lead to instant success in wins over losses and instantly create a much, much larger fan base.

The ball is in Watts, Mackin, and McGee's hands, as to deciding to re-propose, to the BOT, construction of an on campus stadium.

What's the hold up?
09-25-2013 07:35 AM
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers
Im glad he didnt shy away from telling the truth.04-bow
09-25-2013 08:23 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-25-2013 07:35 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Watts and Mackin and McGee are afraid of job security and, too, are afraid that the BOT will pull the plug on football if they raise a stink.

You are awfully courageous with other people's careers.
09-25-2013 08:29 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-25-2013 07:35 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  I'm a stadium guy, too.

Unfortunately, Coach McGee's hands "are" tied behind his back for lack of "on campus stadium", which puts a "HUGE" damper on recruiting, especially in state, and that is "exactly" why the Crimson Tide biased Board of Trustees will have no part of it, so Alabama football will continue to dominate in state recruiting.

Watts and Mackin and McGee are afraid of job security and, too, are afraid that the BOT will pull the plug on football if they raise a stink.

Sanders knows darn well that recruiting would "skyrocket" with the inception of a new on campus stadium, which would also lead to instant success in wins over losses and instantly create a much, much larger fan base.

The ball is in Watts, Mackin, and McGee's hands, as to deciding to re-propose, to the BOT, construction of an on campus stadium.

What's the hold up?

It's against the AUP to make personal attacks against UAB officials. Especially when you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
09-25-2013 08:30 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(09-25-2013 08:30 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

What's the hold up?

It's against the AUP to make personal attacks against UAB officials. Especially when you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Wow. Do you have a life?
09-25-2013 08:43 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Pretty good interview. For a while this is how it needs to happen. People who are pretty safe but "low level" keep it in everyone's minds.

Good point about the baseball stadium. I think possibly the Board was hoping that would be a failure. Actually just proves UAB's point even better.
09-25-2013 08:43 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-25-2013 08:43 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 08:30 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

What's the hold up?

Wow. Do you have a life?

Why, yes. Thanks for asking.
09-25-2013 09:25 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We need to stop bickering among ourselves and put butts in the seats at home. Until we can average more than is required to pay for the stadium we give our leaders no chance to get this approved. Yea I know win games and they will come. Well we need to do both. I still think we will have a successful season and we all need to do our part and show up and encourage others to come to games as well.

We need a nice crowd for FAU.
09-25-2013 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

(09-25-2013 09:32 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  We need to stop bickering among ourselves and put butts in the seats at home. Until we can average more than is required to pay for the stadium we give our leaders no chance to get this approved. Yea I know win games and they will come. Well we need to do both. I still think we will have a successful season and we all need to do our part and show up and encourage others to come to games as well.

We need a nice crowd for FAU.

Chicken and egg, egg and chicken.

Our chick will not hatch. Time to get a fresh egg.

... BOT is morally indefensible on this subject. No one else in the nation has to jump thru the hoops we do.

03-pissed
09-25-2013 09:47 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

It's a catch 22.

Can't win without top recruits. Can't recruit without facilities, including an OCS. Can't get an OCS without better attendance. Can't increase attendance without winning.

It's a win-win for the UA BOT.
09-25-2013 09:57 AM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

(09-25-2013 09:57 AM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  It's a catch 22.

Can't win without top recruits. Can't recruit without facilities, including an OCS. Can't get an OCS without better attendance. Can't increase attendance without winning.

It's a win-win for the UA BOT.

Yep, Joseph Heller (author of the satirical novel, Catch 22) would sympathize. We are trapped in a paradoxical situation. A dragon chasing its tail.

Frack those buzzards on the Board. Corrupt backroom dealers they are.
09-25-2013 11:07 AM
UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD
Gary didn't "go off" but it was a decent interview and I am glad he spoke about the stadium situation.
09-25-2013 11:22 AM
Advertisement

the Dragon Offline
Heisman

I'm glad Gary said this, and I agree.

However, our best option is for those who love UAB to keep showing up and encouraging people to come. I know it is futile if we don't win, but I believe a winning season is upon us. If we don't get it this year, surely, it will come next year when we are loaded with quality veteran players. We need attendance to improve dramatically as the wins come.

Then we can rattle the cage and make our case again.
09-25-2013 11:29 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
The OCS project seems to be delayed due to circumstances beyond UAB's control. So the question remains, What program improvements in other facilities can UAB construct that would be helpful to the program's growth in the meantime?
09-25-2013 12:05 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(09-25-2013 08:29 AM)Smaug Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 07:35 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Watts and Mackin and McGee are afraid of job security and, too, are afraid that the BOT will pull the plug on football if they raise a stink.

You are awfully courageous with other people's careers.

And way off base too. If the BOT wanted to pull the plug on UAB Football they would have already.
09-25-2013 12:20 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(09-25-2013 12:05 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  The OCS project seems to be delayed due to circumstances beyond UAB's control. So the question remains, What program improvements in other facilities can UAB construct that would be helpful to the program's growth in the meantime?

03-banghead
09-25-2013 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.