Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any Eagle Club Members Here?
Bookmark and Share
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Any Eagle Club Members Here?
If so, where can I find a map of where your parking is vs where the regular fan can park? I'm trying to figure out what time I need to get into Hattiesburg Saturday to get a decent parking spot and be able to take in the atmosphere and where we're not walking for hours on end trying to find people. Our plan is to come in, park, go across Hardy to the good bookstore, if we buy anything go back to the truck, then walk around and see if we know anyone tailgating before heading inside the Rock.

We're 6 days away from righting a wrong and hopefully seeing our boys get that long awaited W.
08-25-2013 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

RE: Any Eagle Club Members Here?
Theater & Dance parking lot.
08-25-2013 03:59 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2013 03:59 PM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  Theater & Dance parking lot.

I think that has become ec parking. A lot of ec spots have been lost the last several years due to construction. I think this year some spots are gone with the destruction of vann, scott and part of vann. I do know that the lowest ec level gets you around reed green. For 500 you can get in the lot on the south end of Greene hall. There are plenty of spots available and we need people to join and grow the program. Jump in the water is fine!
08-25-2013 05:27 PM
Freshy Offline
1st String

(08-25-2013 05:27 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  

I think that has become ec parking. A lot of ec spots have been lost the last several years due to construction. I think this year some spots are gone with the destruction of vann, scott and part of vann. I do know that the lowest ec level gets you around reed green. For 500 you can get in the lot on the south end of Greene hall. There are plenty of spots available and we need people to join and grow the program. Jump in the water is fine!

I think the gravel lot across from the theatre and dance lot is the closest non-EC lot now. Don't take my word on it because I live closer to the stadium than that lot.
08-25-2013 06:31 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2013 06:31 PM)Freshy Wrote:  

I think the gravel lot across from the theatre and dance lot is the closest non-EC lot now. Don't take my word on it because I live closer to the stadium than that lot.
Your right freshy, the dance center was roped off last year. People do park along the street in some spots on campus.
here is the parking map from the ad site

http://www.southernmiss.com/eagle-club/m...rking.html
08-25-2013 06:43 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
Here's the Eagle Club parking map:

When I was a student in the early '00s, I used to park in the spots along Montague. Looks like that's still free west of Coliseum Drive. I imagine it fills up pretty quickly though....
08-25-2013 06:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Freshy Offline
1st String

(08-25-2013 06:43 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(08-25-2013 06:31 PM)Freshy Wrote:  

Your right freshy, the dance center was roped off last year. People do park along the street in some spots on campus.
here is the parking map from the ad site

Arthell Kelley, the Liberal Arts gravel faculty lot, the Mannoni lot, and the gravel lot across Hardy are not shown as being EC on that map. Those are excellent places to park if you can get to them early enough.
08-25-2013 06:51 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
.... unless you have a vette....east side of 49.....west side of that service road as you approach 4th st intersection at the peak....they wont tow there...1.5 hrs early....my secret spot... 03-wink
08-25-2013 07:04 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

why arnt u guys ec members?
08-25-2013 07:37 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-25-2013 03:00 PM)gdunn Wrote:  If so, where can I find a map of where your parking is vs where the regular fan can park? I'm trying to figure out what time I need to get into Hattiesburg Saturday to get a decent parking spot and be able to take in the atmosphere and where we're not walking for hours on end trying to find people. Our plan is to come in, park, go across Hardy to the good bookstore, if we buy anything go back to the truck, then walk around and see if we know anyone tailgating before heading inside the Rock.

We're 6 days away from righting a wrong and hopefully seeing our boys get that long awaited W.

Many who read this might not be familiar with the USM game day parking situation, let me explain because it might differ from most.

Signing up with the Eagle Club assures two major benefits, that of a parking spot and season tickets in your preferred area. The amount of donation or dues you might say determines where you park and where you are able to sit. Naturally, the more you give the closer you park to the stadium and the better seat selection.

There is NO ONE anywhere on campus with their hand out collecting a parking fee as is the case in a lot of our league members. Pay your dues, select the parking area and seats and the documentation is mailed to your house. Parking pass must be displayed on dashboard, only contact with event officials is showing that to enter the parking areas.

Look at the link, note there is absolutely little if any open parking on campus unless one is an Eagle Club member. Students are required to move their vehicles from the campus prior to 9:00 a.m. on game days thus opening them for the football crowd.

So, dont show up with a $20. in hand hoping to be guided to parking on campus. Best bet is the Hattiesburg Convention Center off Hwy 49, parking is free and shuttle is available.
08-25-2013 07:44 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2013 07:44 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(08-25-2013 03:00 PM)gdunn Wrote:  If so, where can I find a map of where your parking is vs where the regular fan can park? I'm trying to figure out what time I need to get into Hattiesburg Saturday to get a decent parking spot and be able to take in the atmosphere and where we're not walking for hours on end trying to find people. Our plan is to come in, park, go across Hardy to the good bookstore, if we buy anything go back to the truck, then walk around and see if we know anyone tailgating before heading inside the Rock.

Many who read this might not be familiar with the USM game day parking situation, let me explain because it might differ from most.

Signing up with the Eagle Club assures two major benefits, that of a parking spot and season tickets in your preferred area. The amount of donation or dues you might say determines where you park and where you are able to sit. Naturally, the more you give the closer you park to the stadium and the better seat selection.

There is NO ONE anywhere on campus with their hand out collecting a parking fee as is the case in a lot of our league members. Pay your dues, select the parking area and seats and the documentation is mailed to your house. Parking pass must be displayed on dashboard, only contact with event officials is showing that to enter the parking areas.

Look at the link, note there is absolutely little if any open parking on campus unless one is an Eagle Club member. Students are required to move their vehicles from the campus prior to 9:00 a.m. on game days thus opening them for the football crowd.
So, dont show up with a $20. in hand hoping to be guided to parking on campus. Best bet is the Hattiesburg Convention Center off Hwy 49, parking is free and shuttle is available.

Students now use the parking garage behind bond.
08-25-2013 08:14 PM
Advertisement

Funslinger Offline
All American

(08-25-2013 08:14 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  

Students now use the parking garage behind bond.

As long as they don't park in the two spots reserved for electric cars, I'm good to go.
08-25-2013 11:12 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I'd love to be in EC. However, I'm only here another couple of months.
08-26-2013 11:47 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Been in EC since I graduated, will be for life.
08-26-2013 11:52 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

Park across from Handy Pantry/Snakes on that strip of asphalt. Been parking there for 10+ years, and it's by far the easiest way to get in/out of games.
08-26-2013 12:03 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I usually park over on a strip by the Theater and Dance building.
08-26-2013 12:04 PM
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

Not trying to start a pissing match but I have seen several times where people will drive up and hand a parking lot attendant cash (not sure how much) and he will tell them to pull on in and park. I witnessed this happen several times and several games last year and the year before. The people parking probably either knew him or knew someone that knew him. Regardless, join the EC and get parking so you don't have to find a different area every time. I've either had parking at the Ferlise Center or Reed Green the last 5 or so years
08-26-2013 05:23 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-26-2013 05:23 PM)usm99 Wrote:  

Not trying to start a pissing match but I have seen several times where people will drive up and hand a parking lot attendant cash (not sure how much) and he will tell them to pull on in and park. I witnessed this happen several times and several games last year and the year before. The people parking probably either knew him or knew someone that knew him. Regardless, join the EC and get parking so you don't have to find a different area every time. I've either had parking at the Ferlise Center or Reed Green the last 5 or so years
If this happened ON CAMPUS you should immediately report that to an official because NONE of the lot attendants are authorized to accept money for parking thus you have obviously been a witness to theft. The attendants only job at each lot or location is to check your parking permit which is issued along with your season tickets prior to season opener. There is NO PLACE where game day parking ON CAMPUS can be purchased legally except at the athletic office where one must submit a check for Eagle Club membership along with full payment for one or more season tickets. He will be issued a parking pass at that time.
08-26-2013 06:43 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-26-2013 06:43 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  

If this happened ON CAMPUS you should immediately report that to an official because NONE of the lot attendants are authorized to accept money for parking thus you have obviously been a witness to theft. The attendants only job at each lot or location is to check your parking permit which is issued along with your season tickets prior to season opener. There is NO PLACE where game day parking ON CAMPUS can be purchased legally except at the athletic office where one must submit a check for Eagle Club membership along with full payment for one or more season tickets. He will be issued a parking pass at that time.

no doubt....all EC members should be immediately deputized, issued glocks, and the penalty should include mandatory sentencing for violators....stockade style....

"holy ape-shite batman, what should we do now?"

holy shite the things some people worry about
08-27-2013 08:07 AM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-27-2013 08:07 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(08-26-2013 06:43 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  

no doubt....all EC members should be immediately deputized, issued glocks, and the penalty should include mandatory sentencing for violators....stockade style....

"holy ape-shite batman, what should we do now?"

holy shite the things some people worry about

No, lets dont be that drastic. Just disband the Eagle Club, forget about their efforts to organize and implement fund raising activities. Change parking rules to be on first come basis, lower ticket prices to $5.00. That should satisfy all the "fans" who secretly or maybe unconciously harbor hatred or jealously toward the EC members for the privileges they receive for their contributions in time and money.
08-27-2013 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.