Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So DID the Thin Red line get crossed?
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
So DID the Thin Red line get crossed?
If you remember this speech aimed directly at Syria:

"If you make the tragic mistake of using these {chemical} weapons, there will be consequences..."

=============

So now what's the president going to do?

Syria’s opposition accused President Bashar al-Assad’s forces of gassing many hundreds of people – by one report as many as 1,300 – on Wednesday in what would, if confirmed, be the world’s worst chemical weapons attack in decades.

Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators – who arrived in Damascus just three days ago – to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war.

Images, including some taken by freelance photographers and supplied to Reuters, showed scores of bodies including of small children, laid out on the floor of a clinic with no visible signs of injuries.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 12:22 PM by DaSaintFan.)
08-21-2013 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: So DID the Thin Red line get crossed?
Invade! Don't we still have troops in Iraq?
08-21-2013 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaSaintFan Offline

Honestly, I don't know what the option is Firm... but he's supposedly "drew a line" and Syria crossed it. So basically, Syria has thumbed their nose at the President. So does our commander in chief actually back up his statements or does he do another ... "OH yeah, well, if you cross "THIS" line"...
08-21-2013 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(08-21-2013 12:24 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Invade! Don't we still have troops in Iraq?

FeeBee, You must be a Dr. of Fatuousness.
08-21-2013 12:34 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Of course, presidents should refrain from "drawing lines" and issuing other such ultimatums when it doesn't directly involve the US. Especially when both sides of these Mideast conflicts since the start of the 'Arab Spring' are of questionable character and motives.
08-21-2013 12:40 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
You mean, again? This line was crossed already and guess what happened? Exactly.

So why worry about crossing it again? The response from the ditherer in chief will predictably be the same, more nothing.

Leading from behind since 2008, YOUR new America...
08-21-2013 12:43 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(08-21-2013 12:29 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Honestly, I don't know what the option is Firm... but he's supposedly "drew a line" and Syria crossed it. So basically, Syria has thumbed their nose at the President. So does our commander in chief actually back up his statements or does he do another ... "OH yeah, well, if you cross "THIS" line"...

Easy... He's a coward, yellow, has no backbone, so he does another "OH yeah, well, if you cross "THIS" line"...
08-21-2013 12:43 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(08-21-2013 12:43 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  You mean, again? This line was crossed already and guess what happened? Exactly.

So why worry about crossing it again? The response from the ditherer in chief will predictably be the same, more nothing.

Aren't you glad you weren't one of the idiots who were sucked in to his lies to vote for him?
08-21-2013 12:45 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(08-21-2013 12:40 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Of course, presidents should refrain from "drawing lines" and issuing other such ultimatums when it doesn't directly involve the US. Especially when both sides of these Mideast conflicts since the start of the 'Arab Spring' are of questionable character and motives.

But then, so is this administration.
08-21-2013 12:45 PM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
I'm guessing some sort of mandate delay or evolving view is in order.
08-21-2013 12:49 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Most not be a persistent CW Agent if you can pick up casualties without dying yourself. Somebody has them some Sarin it looks like.
08-21-2013 12:49 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(08-21-2013 12:34 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 12:24 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Invade! Don't we still have troops in Iraq?

FeeBee, You must be a Dr. of Fatuousness.

Dentistry.
08-21-2013 12:50 PM
DaSaintFan Offline

(08-21-2013 12:43 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  You mean, again? This line was crossed already and guess what happened? Exactly.

JMU, the other reported examples were "supposedly" not the leadership of Syria, so I kinda let those ones go in terms of the President's "red line" response.

THis one sure seems to be the leadership of Syria...
08-21-2013 12:55 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The president should have kept his pie hole shut and let Syria sort itself out. It's not like the winner of this dumpster fire is going to be US friendly, anyway.
08-21-2013 12:58 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
So much for O's "enormous consequences". Complaining to the UN does not qualify.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:07 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
08-21-2013 01:06 PM
DaSaintFan Offline

I know his staff is a bunch of sycophants, but you'd think SOMEONE on his staff would come out and say that he's looking like a total toothless cowardly lion of a world leader.

Heck, I disagreed with Clinton, but when he _said_ something, he would at least back up his statements with at least the APPEARANCE of strength, (even if it was used at times to cover up domestic "scandals".)
08-21-2013 01:15 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(08-21-2013 01:15 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  I know his staff is a bunch of sycophants, but you'd think SOMEONE on his staff would come out and say that he's looking like a total toothless cowardly lion of a world leader.

Heck, I disagreed with Clinton, but when he _said_ something, he would at least back up his statements with at least the APPEARANCE of strength, (even if it was used at times to cover up domestic "scandals".)

Yea, like bombing an empty aspirin factory. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

To your prior post re "supposedly not the leadership of Syria", Yea, I know there was some supposed question about that. I don't buy it for a second, but I know that was floated.

BUT, you know what the Oooofficial response was to the questions about our non-response to their use? It wasn't large scale enough.

Yep, it didn't cause enough mass casualties to trigger zerO's "red line" warning. We have a very nuanced regime in place don't we? Lovely, isn't it?
08-21-2013 01:32 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(08-21-2013 12:45 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Aren't you glad you weren't one of the idiots who were sucked in to his lies to vote for him?

Ha. I would say there was very little chance of that. Saw Empty Suit for what he was from day 1. Now we are all having to endure his incompetence.
08-21-2013 01:35 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Obama is intentionally managing the long, slow decline of the U.S. economically, politically, and militarily.

Anyone who expects him to do something meaningful is delusional.
08-21-2013 02:10 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(08-21-2013 01:35 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 12:45 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Ha. I would say there was very little chance of that. Saw Empty Suit for what he was from day 1. Now we are all having to endure his incompetence.

He's very transparent, but his people are in love with him. Liver lips and all, so they fail to see his constant failure. Ironic.
08-21-2013 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.