Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The CUSA is better in every area except competition...
Bookmark and Share
meangreener Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNT
The CUSA is better in every area except competition...
...and this is why the defectors are stupid. Especially the late defectors.

ESPN is subleasing games, travel is high, lackluster bowl lineup and a lack of name recognition.

Sure, the AAC will have better competition than CUSA for the moment...but CUSA is regional with better bowls, name recognition and less travel money.

ESPN is doing nothing to help the AAC schools other than hanging them out to dry...while CUSA still gets a lot of publicity on local FSN channels and Fox Sports 1 (surprisingly, a decent amount.)

If y'all had a brain, you'd come back to CUSA, even with all the FCS and the teams y'all think you are better then. The AAC is going to fail. The bowl lineups and ESPN subleasing games to CBS shows that the perception of the AAC is dreadful.

Frankly, I don't even see how AAC fans can still validate their move, unless they somehow think stronger competition is going to help them get access to bowls they have no deals with.

Of course, this will be invalidated if more bowls are announced for the AAC. This is unlikely.
08-20-2013 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: The CUSA is better in every area except competition...
So, instead of being on ESPN3 they get more games on tv (CBSSN). That's not a bad thing.
They will face ACC/SEC in 3 or 4 bowls. We'll get B1G/BXII in one.

AAC will be fine and so will C-USA.
08-20-2013 09:49 PM
meangreener Offline
1st String

(08-20-2013 09:49 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  So, instead of being on ESPN3 they get more games on tv (CBSSN). That's not a bad thing.

It's all about perception. Also, you can tell recruits "If you get a bowl game, you can go to the Bahamas."

AAC doesn't have that. Getting pummeled by the ACC in a non-destination city isn't going to help the conference.
08-20-2013 09:53 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
The mid-to-bottom rung ACC teams they face aren't exactly world beaters. We're probably talking about Wake Forest, Duke, and Boston College. Easily winnable games.
08-20-2013 09:54 PM
WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(08-20-2013 09:49 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  So, instead of being on ESPN3 they get more games on tv (CBSSN). That's not a bad thing.

Okay - which of you future aac'ers yanked the UNT guys chain?
08-20-2013 09:55 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Quote:If y'all had a brain, you'd come back to CUSA

That boat has sailed.. but now it's up to the teams of C-USA to step up on the field and win the majority of their big games. (FIU, USM, and UTSA have the biggest chances to make some notable splashes overall. Sorry ECU, Tulsa, as you guys are on the way out, I'm not including y'all.)

Quote:Of course, this will be invalidated if more bowls are announced for the AAC. This is unlikely

They'll still get some good slots, there are just too many decent matchups coming out of the AAC vs. other teams. But I still think the failure of the AAC to get the NO bowl had to hurt (i still think that came down to the fact that you have USM, La Tech, UTSA, and UAB all within near distance vs. just having Tulane in the AAC was the final jab).. you know Tulane and ECU both had good travelling bases if they managed to snag that one..
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 09:57 PM by DaSaintFan.)
08-20-2013 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs

I think having an opportunity to play a bottom level P5 team in a bowl is soooooo overrated. I do think the AAC will be fine but being able to have bragging rights because you play more P5 teams in bowl games is really silly.
08-20-2013 09:57 PM
meangreener Offline
1st String

(08-20-2013 09:55 PM)WinOrLoseEAGLE Wrote:  

Honestly, my dislike of the AAC stems from obnoxious ECU fans. You know who I'm talking about.

But I really do feel validated...I was a little peeved Tulsa left.
08-20-2013 09:58 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2013 09:54 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  The mid-to-bottom rung ACC teams they face aren't exactly world beaters. We're probably talking about Wake Forest, Duke, and Boston College. Easily winnable games.

Easily winnable games....I think not!
08-20-2013 09:58 PM
meangreener Offline
1st String

(08-20-2013 09:58 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 09:54 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  The mid-to-bottom rung ACC teams they face aren't exactly world beaters. We're probably talking about Wake Forest, Duke, and Boston College. Easily winnable games.

Easily winnable games....I think not!

Yup.
08-20-2013 09:59 PM
El Dirtybird Offline
2nd String

I Root For: loose women

Just wait until misspell the plural form of phallus. Dude goes batshit crazy. But that's meanweiner for you.

I say you let the guy have his fun chasing cars.03-lmfao
08-20-2013 10:05 PM
Advertisement

ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(08-20-2013 09:47 PM)meangreener Wrote:  ...and this is why the defectors are stupid. Especially the late defectors.

ESPN is subleasing games, travel is high, lackluster bowl lineup and a lack of name recognition.

Sure, the AAC will have better competition than CUSA for the moment...but CUSA is regional with better bowls, name recognition and less travel money.

ESPN is doing nothing to help the AAC schools other than hanging them out to dry...while CUSA still gets a lot of publicity on local FSN channels and Fox Sports 1 (surprisingly, a decent amount.)

If y'all had a brain, you'd come back to CUSA, even with all the FCS and the teams y'all think you are better then. The AAC is going to fail. The bowl lineups and ESPN subleasing games to CBS shows that the perception of the AAC is dreadful.

Frankly, I don't even see how AAC fans can still validate their move, unless they somehow think stronger competition is going to help them get access to bowls they have no deals with.

Of course, this will be invalidated if more bowls are announced for the AAC. This is unlikely.

IMHO you post is pure nonsense....I am glad you are happy with CUSA, it is a good league. I just do not understand the need of some CUSA fans to try and bash anything related to the AAC.
08-20-2013 10:06 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
I'm not fooling myself. The AAC is a small step up from CUSA.

That said, where ODU, Charlotte, and others are heading (vs. where they were last year), I think the gap will close.... and close quickly.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 10:20 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
08-20-2013 10:14 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(08-20-2013 09:58 PM)meangreener Wrote:  

Honestly, my dislike of the AAC stems from obnoxious ECU fan. You know who I'm talking about.

FIFY
08-20-2013 10:15 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(08-20-2013 09:58 PM)meangreener Wrote:  

Honestly, my dislike of the AAC stems from obnoxious ECU fans. You know who I'm talking about.

I'm sad we don't get a chance to punk pUNT on the way out the door. I'd say maybe it could happen in the championship game, but who am I kidding you guys have zero hope at even making a bowl game much less winning the west. When was the last time your loser program made a bowl game? Doesn't really matter what tie ins C-USA has because you won't be filling them.
08-20-2013 10:17 PM
gcp_mineros Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTEP
(08-20-2013 09:47 PM)meangreener Wrote:  ...and this is why the defectors are stupid. Especially the late defectors.

1. Without realignment UNT and company are not invited to CUSA

2. The title of this thread is ridiculous as competition is the most important quality of a conference as the other components will follow by winning

3. You speak to posters of AAC as though they have anything to do with whether their schools stay or go

4. Today's bowl announcements are a high point for CUSA. It is childish to post these bait threads

I will miss playing many of the schools that left. They earned my respect by winning on the field/court. Don't act like CUSA bowl affiliations have anything to do with a school's wins vs loses. Most of them would beat UNT on any given day. Maybe your post was intended to be funny. If so, sorry I didn't get it.
08-20-2013 10:17 PM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(08-20-2013 09:55 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
Quote:If y'all had a brain, you'd come back to CUSA

That boat has sailed.. but now it's up to the teams of C-USA to step up on the field and win the majority of their big games. (FIU, USM, and UTSA have the biggest chances to make some notable splashes overall. Sorry ECU, Tulsa, as you guys are on the way out, I'm not including y'all.)

Quote:Of course, this will be invalidated if more bowls are announced for the AAC. This is unlikely

They'll still get some good slots, there are just too many decent matchups coming out of the AAC vs. other teams. But I still think the failure of the AAC to get the NO bowl had to hurt (i still think that came down to the fact that you have USM, La Tech, UTSA, and UAB all within near distance vs. just having Tulane in the AAC was the final jab).. you know Tulane and ECU both had good travelling bases if they managed to snag that one..

The AAC thought they could get into that bowl with Tulane on board. It backfired. If Tulane could draw more than 5-6K to a football game they probably would have gotten that bowl. Instead we get it because La tech/USM/UTSA will travel very well there.
08-20-2013 10:19 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2013 10:06 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  

IMHO you post is pure nonsense....I am glad you are happy with CUSA, it is a good league. I just do not understand the need of some CUSA fans to try and bash anything related to the AAC.

Kinda like how CUSA gets called also-rans, inferior programs, and other stuff on the AAC board? Well they can talk about CUSA however they like on their board. And CUSA posters hold that same right on this board in regards to the AAC or any other conference. Now I know why you get offended but you can't have your cake and eat it to in this situation.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 10:24 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
08-20-2013 10:19 PM
meangreener Offline
1st String

Whatever, ECU. Y'all did great against that team from Louisiana in your bowl game last year that UNT just happened to beat.
08-20-2013 10:24 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2013 10:17 PM)gcp_mineros Wrote:  

1. Without realignment UNT and company are not invited to CUSA

2. The title of this thread is ridiculous as competition is the most important quality of a conference as the other components will follow by winning

3. You speak to posters of AAC as though they have anything to do with whether their schools stay or go

4. Today's bowl announcements are a high point for CUSA. It is childish to post these bait threads

I will miss playing many of the schools that left. They earned my respect by winning on the field/court. Don't act like CUSA bowl affiliations have anything to do with a school's wins vs loses. Most of them would beat UNT on any given day. Maybe your post was intended to be funny. If so, sorry I didn't get it.

Great post!
08-20-2013 10:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.