Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question For UH/SMU/UCF/Memphis Fans - When Do We Stop Coming Here?
Bookmark and Share
maccoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
Question For UH/SMU/UCF/Memphis Fans - When Do We Stop Coming Here?
Question for the fans of the OD's (Original Defectors). At what point do we stop coming to this board? Do we ever? I used to tell myself I was still coming over because it was football season, or basketball season and we are still in the conference. I don't have that excuse anymore but I still find myself being drawn to this board and seeing what's going on. At what point do you plan on not coming in for a peek? Do we ever stop?03-confused
05-17-2013 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
RE: Question For UH/SMU/UCF/Memphis Fans - When Do We Stop Coming Here?
I'm assuming when the last game between any one of yalls schools vs a CUSA opponent concludes.
05-17-2013 03:43 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
If I see something on there that involves Memphis or that I find interesting ill respond...if you have an account, you can post wherever you like.
05-17-2013 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(05-17-2013 04:10 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  If I see something on there that involves Memphis or that I find interesting ill respond...if you have an account, you can post wherever you like.

I'm still interested in the teams in the league--USM rebuilding its football program/continuing it basketball success, UAB getting its basketball mojo back, etc.

I'm also interested in how the new members play out. And I will be delighted anytime any member whoops a member of the power conferences.
05-17-2013 05:27 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think alot, like me have already slowed down. I expect that after JULY 1, I only will check in once or twice per week rather than 5 or 6 times like now. Interest for me in CUSA is slowly dropping, But there is a certain laugh value in visiting. But for now we are proud members of CUSA.
05-17-2013 05:31 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
I know I'm not the target audience for the question but most of you are welcome here. That being said you are now guests. If you come over here talking smack like still jonesing does then expect negativity. This board was very fun to visit before realignment. It is one of the most diverse boards on a sports forum I've ever been on.
05-17-2013 06:20 PM
Advertisement

TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-17-2013 04:10 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  If I see something on there that involves Memphis or that I find interesting ill respond...if you have an account, you can post wherever you like.

Bull$hit. The mods here are very generous compared to your thin-skinned crew on mt.org and AAC Conference Talk.
05-17-2013 06:29 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
How about yesterday.
05-17-2013 06:40 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
This board rocks but it'll be interesting to see how the influx of new posters as well as the absence of others, particular the huge ECU fan base, does to this board though they won't leave for another year.
05-17-2013 07:11 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
I check in from time to time, but the initial round of hate and doom / gloom really turned off a lot of the posters from the website entirely. UCF is just now regaining some new fans on the AAC board.

I'll probably still be interested in the outcome of football scores here for at least another 2 years. Basketball and baseball are already redundant to me.
05-17-2013 08:08 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(05-17-2013 06:29 PM)TG4 Wrote:  Bull$hit. The mods here are very generous compared to your thin-skinned crew on mt.org and AAC Conference Talk.

I had hoped your tendonitis had cleared up for the Memphis board.

I guess not.

Are you now saying that you are also suffering from tendonitis on the AAC board?

Here's to a healthy and swift recovery.
05-17-2013 09:50 PM
Advertisement

Cougar Hippy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Dear old U of H
July 1st. A lot of my interest in CUSA has faded away already. I'll be gone for the most part after baseball season ends. (long time lurker until recent events forced me to get an account)
05-17-2013 09:50 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
good luck to all of you, except when you play the mighty, mighty, miners. I gotta say, some posters from the departing schools received a lot of grief on this board and still do. In the end, everyone was just supporting their institution, I don't think most people expected things to turnout the way they did
05-17-2013 11:04 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
I've slowed down on visiting here already. I was planning on sticking around here, because I've been posing on this board since Nov. 2003...but the tone here has been less interesting to me lately. We'll see...I may still post on here. I actually wish our (soon-to-be-) old conference mates the best of luck and don't feel like engaging in the pissing matches.
05-18-2013 12:53 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2013 09:50 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(05-17-2013 06:29 PM)TG4 Wrote:  Bull$hit. The mods here are very generous compared to your thin-skinned crew on mt.org and AAC Conference Talk.

I had hoped your tendonitis had cleared up for the Memphis board.

I guess not.

Are you now saying that you are also suffering from tendonitis on the AAC board?

Here's to a healthy and swift recovery.

Some folks can't handle the truth.
05-18-2013 05:45 AM
GoGold Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
I hope we continue to play some of the departing programs on at least a semi regular basis which would give them a reason to come here. There is a large portion of departing fans that add value to the board.

On the other hand, there is a large portion of departing fans that add nothing to the board. I hope our mods pull their heads out at some point.
05-18-2013 06:45 AM
Advertisement

Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Hey, this is one fan that will welcome any of you at any time. Just don't flame and offer constructive or intelligent comments and you will find C-USA bbs your home away from home. Thank you for your time with us, and we wish you luck in the future.
05-18-2013 09:41 AM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
(05-17-2013 11:04 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  good luck to all of you, except when you play the mighty, mighty, miners. I gotta say, some posters from the departing schools received a lot of grief on this board and still do. In the end, everyone was just supporting their institution, I don't think most people expected things to turnout the way they did

Yeah, just like when I post something, Southern Miss fans start spamming 49-28 in big and flamboyant colors.
05-18-2013 10:09 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-18-2013 12:53 AM)99Tiger Wrote:  I've slowed down on visiting here already. I was planning on sticking around here, because I've been posing on this board since Nov. 2003...but the tone here has been less interesting to me lately. We'll see...I may still post on here. I actually wish our (soon-to-be-) old conference mates the best of luck and don't feel like engaging in the pissing matches.

Don't let the door hit ya
05-18-2013 10:44 AM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
(05-18-2013 10:44 AM)TG4 Wrote:  
(05-18-2013 12:53 AM)99Tiger Wrote:  I've slowed down on visiting here already. I was planning on sticking around here, because I've been posing on this board since Nov. 2003...but the tone here has been less interesting to me lately. We'll see...I may still post on here. I actually wish our (soon-to-be-) old conference mates the best of luck and don't feel like engaging in the pissing matches.

Don't let the door hit ya

Speaking of doors...wish they'd close the door on you access to the board for the school you played for. Of course, you'd lose the source for 2/3rds of your posts over here.
05-18-2013 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.