Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scout Ref., OSU's Pub for 247sports, Saying USF & UCF to Big 12
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Scout Ref., OSU's Pub for 247sports, Saying USF & UCF to Big 12
Do any of you have a Premium Account with 247Sports.com? If so, can you give more insight on this.

Ohio St.'s Publisher States USF & UCF to Big 12

the initial morsel; May 1, 2013 - 20 posts - 9 authors
One guy claims to be friends with a guy who is friends with Taggart who told him the Big12 called USF last week, but Willie wouldn't tell him any ...

I'm not sure what is said just the notes on the web for the link. If anyone has an account, give up some info. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:32 PM by Mestophalies.)
05-10-2013 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: Scout Ref., OSU's Pub for 247sports, Saying USF & UCF to Big 12
If this were true, I think of all possible outcomes, it's the best for the AAC quite frankly. Keeps their basketball infrastructure sound. Keeps Cincy around for football which is huge, they're the best bet along with ECU going forward.
05-10-2013 01:31 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-10-2013 01:31 PM)stever20 Wrote:  If this were true, I think of all possible outcomes, it's the best for the AAC quite frankly. Keeps their basketball infrastructure sound. Keeps Cincy around for football which is huge, they're the best bet along with ECU going forward.

The only person I've seen say that is Tuxedo Yoda.
05-10-2013 01:35 PM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(05-10-2013 01:21 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  Do any of you have a Premium Account with 247Sports.com? If so, can you give more insight on this.

Ohio St.'s Publisher States USF & UCF to Big 12

the initial morsel; May 1, 2013 - 20 posts - 9 authors
One guy claims to be friends with a guy who is friends with Taggart who told him the Big12 called USF last week, but Willie wouldn't tell him any ...

I'm not sure what is said just the notes on the web for the link. If anyone has an account, give up some info. 05-stirthepot

Someone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows someone who pours the Big 12 commisioner's coffee .... Hope springs eternal! 07-coffee3
05-10-2013 01:37 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 01:35 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 01:31 PM)stever20 Wrote:  If this were true, I think of all possible outcomes, it's the best for the AAC quite frankly. Keeps their basketball infrastructure sound. Keeps Cincy around for football which is huge, they're the best bet along with ECU going forward.

The only person I've seen say that is Tuxedo Yoda.

This was found on the web and is supposed to be from the Ohio St's Publisher for 247Sports.com. I'm not saying it's fact. I honestly don't know as I do not have a premium account so, I can't check on it myself. 03-phew
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:39 PM by Mestophalies.)
05-10-2013 01:38 PM
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

I Root For: Southern Miss
It would be a bold move by the b12 however they could probably name their terms in getting these two to join.
05-10-2013 01:40 PM
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 01:40 PM)eagleriffic Wrote:  It would be a bold move by the b12 however they could probably name their terms in getting these two to join.

There's no doubt about that. I'm just interested in placing a source to this and finding out exactly what the source is saying. 07-coffee3
05-10-2013 01:42 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
I can't bring myself to think this is possible, but it would make the ACC and SEC very happy. It sends the Big 12 down the road of accepting lower tier status. As stand alones, Iowa St, Kansas St, Ok. St., TT, TCU, Baylor, USF, and UCF do not get invites to the PAC, B1G, SEC, or ACC. Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas could go anywhere, and WVU is plausible to the SEC or ACC (they lost their "academic" card when they accepted Louisville). The potential money to get into Florida and hold a conference championship game must be staggering for the Big 12 to be willing to take such a credibility hit. Both schools instantly become the lowest academic schools in the Big 5 conferences (UCF is 174, USF is 170, WVU and TT are lowest now at 165), and both would be the lowest revenue generators (which is understandable considering conference affiliation). It would be a tremendous coo by both schools.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:53 PM by bigblueblindness.)
05-10-2013 01:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
When ESPN, or CBS breaks something let me know.
05-10-2013 01:49 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Why would an Ohio State source have any insider info about UCF, USF, Willie Taggart, or the Big XII? If you can answer that legitimately, then you could maybe, possibly give credence to this report. Otherwise, it's crap.

Plus, we already have a full blown thread on this subject.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:01 PM by CommuterBob.)
05-10-2013 01:53 PM
eagleriffic Offline

While we all know perception is reality & while most dont think much of them UCF & USF have fielded some very good teams the last 10 years or so. USF was on the brink of a BCS game a few years ago & UCF has won more than its share of cusa titles.

Pump some b12 type money into those programs & you could see a couple of very good teams emerge.
05-10-2013 01:56 PM
Advertisement

TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
I agree, especially together.
05-10-2013 01:57 PM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
If this really happens at this stage of the game, then I think it's fair to say that we are looking at a permanent five-conference power structure. If Texahoma was planning on folding even after the GOR expires, they wouldn't muddy the waters with a move like this.
05-10-2013 02:01 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 01:53 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Why would an Ohio State source have any insider info about UCF, USF, Willie Taggart, or the Big XII? If you can answer that legitimately, then you could maybe, possibly give credence to this report. Otherwise, it's crap.

Did you read the OP??? I'm not saying it's fact. I'm simply looking for someone to expand upon what little is on the web. I for one hate the little snippits here and there used to bait one into buying a subscription. I'm asking if anyone does have an account already, if they could provide some information and identify the source as well as what the source really said.

Am scratching my head as to why I pushed you for mod. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:03 PM by Mestophalies.)
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
If this were to happen. Do you think the AAC can keep the Texas schools? Wouldn't a 14 to 18 team MWC be more valuable?

Say add UTEP, SMU, Houston, Tulsa...possibly Tulane, Memphis or Cincy.

The MWC would move solidly into 6th place I would think.
Green Bull Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(05-10-2013 01:47 PM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  I can't bring myself to think this is possible, but it would make the ACC and SEC very happy. It sends the Big 12 down the road of accepting lower tier status. As stand alones, Iowa St, Kansas St, Ok. St., TT, TCU, Baylor, USF, and UCF do not get invites to the PAC, B1G, SEC, or ACC. Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas could go anywhere, and WVU is plausible to the SEC or ACC (they lost their "academic" card when they accepted Louisville). The potential money to get into Florida and hold a conference championship game must be staggering for the Big 12 to be willing to take such a credibility hit. Both schools instantly become the lowest academic schools in the Big 5 conferences (UCF is 174, USF is 170, WVU and TT are lowest now at 165), and both would be the lowest revenue generators (which is understandable considering conference affiliation). It would be a tremendous coo by both schools.

I also highly doubt it happens, but USF and UCF are no more a credibility hit than being restricted to just 10 members and a particularly limited footprint.
05-10-2013 02:02 PM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(05-10-2013 02:01 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 01:53 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Why would an Ohio State source have any insider info about UCF, USF, Willie Taggart, or the Big XII? If you can answer that legitimately, then you could maybe, possibly give credence to this report. Otherwise, it's crap.

Did you read the OP??? I'm not saying it's fact. I'm simply looking for someone to expand upon what little is on the web. I for one hate the little snippits here and there used to bait one into buying a subscription. I'm asking if anyone does have an account already, if they could provide some information and identify the source as well as what the source really said.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=621...pid9288475

I posted some tweets from the 247 site's founder, Dave Biddle, which should give some insight. See the link.

And I'm not a mod just yet, so there's still hope for this world...
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:05 PM by CommuterBob.)
05-10-2013 02:04 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 02:04 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 02:01 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=621...pid9288475

I posted some tweets from the 247 site's founder, Dave Biddle, which should give some insight. See the link.

I'll check them out and thanks in advance. 04-cheers
05-10-2013 02:05 PM
eagleriffic Offline

(05-10-2013 02:01 PM)4x4hokies Wrote:  If this were to happen. Do you think the AAC can keep the Texas schools? Wouldn't a 14 to 18 team MWC be more valuable?

The Mtn could make a move for Houston & SMU. I just do not see them going past 14.
05-10-2013 02:05 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(05-10-2013 02:05 PM)eagleriffic Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 02:01 PM)4x4hokies Wrote:  If this were to happen. Do you think the AAC can keep the Texas schools? Wouldn't a 14 to 18 team MWC be more valuable?

The Mtn could make a move for Houston & SMU. I just do not see them going past 14.

I think Tulsa and UTEP would make the divisions nice and tidy.

Hawaii
SJSU
Fresno
SDSU
Boise
Utah State
Nevada
UNLV

UNM
Wyoming
Air Force
CSU
Houston
SMU
UTEP
Tulsa

Or let's say the AAC decides to get serious and creates the same division by adding UTEP, NM, CSU, AF, and Wyoming.

Then you have something like
Navy
UConn
ECU
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
Tulane
(So Miss)

Tulsa
Houston
SMU
UTEP
NM
Wyoming
AF
CSU

Instead of UTEP and So Miss you could wait to see if Boise and SDSU flip again.

Option 3 would be a near merger of the AAC and MWC...
Navy
UConn
ECU
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
Tulane
Tulsa
Houston
SMU
NM
Wyoming
AF
CSU
Boise
SDSU
UNLV
UNR
Fresno
Hawaii/BYU Olympics and scheduling arrangement

USU and SJSU would try to reform the WAC maybe.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:31 PM by 4x4hokies.)
05-10-2013 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.