Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1/3 openly ready for armed revolution
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
1/3 openly ready for armed revolution
...and another 20% (that's 53% total not against it, for the non-math Liberals) "declined to comment".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/...be-needed/

Quote:According to a survey from Fairleigh Dickinson University, nearly a third of registered voters -- 29 percent -- believe an "armed revolution" might be necessary in the next few years in order to protect liberties.

Asked whether an armed revolution might soon be necessary to protect liberties, 29 percent said yes.

Another 47 percent said no, while the rest were either unsure or declined to answer.

In other related news -
Kansas Governor tells Eric Holder to get bent setting the stage for the above to develop.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/...p=trending

Quote:"The people of Kansas have clearly expressed their sovereign will," Brownback said at the conclusion of his letter. "It is my hope that upon further review, you will see their right to do so."

Kansas' law declares that the federal government has no authority to regulate guns, ammunition and accessories manufactured, sold and kept only in Kansas. The law also makes it a felony for a federal agent to enforce any law, regulation, order or treaty covering those items.

The new statute says that Kansas-only guns, ammunition and accessories aren't a part of interstate commerce, which the federal government regulates under the U.S. Constitution. But in a letter to Brownback, Holder said the Constitution prohibits states from pre-empting federal laws.
05-03-2013 07:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: 1/3 openly ready for armed revolution
Ready and willing are two totally different things. But, yeah, folks have anger.
05-03-2013 08:10 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I oppose any and all use of violence to effect political change. Non violent civil protest en mass is sufficient. It just takes numbers in the streets peacefully protesting. Violence only begets violence. The thugs have the guns and the protection of the state when they use them. You don't. The Constitution protects us when we peacefully protest...not so much when we use violence.
05-03-2013 09:23 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(05-03-2013 08:10 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Ready and willing are two totally different things. But, yeah, folks have anger.

Yep...and lots of D's and Liberals were mad during the bush years. So we worked together and got Obama elected...twice.

The GOP on the other hand wants to waste time with ridiculous stunts like Brownback is proposing along with calls for armed revolution.

Thanks GOP!
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 09:41 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-03-2013 09:41 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
It's NUCKING FUTS! You just have to chuckle and hope your not an innocent bystander in a Wal Mart parking when they go postal over someone cutting them off on the highway. I just keep asking myself. What happened to the reasonable Republicans? Ohh they became independent leaning D's.
05-03-2013 10:05 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(05-03-2013 10:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's NUCKING FUTS! You just have to chuckle and hope your not an innocent bystander in a Wal Mart parking when they go postal over someone cutting them off on the highway. I just keep asking myself. What happened to the reasonable Republicans? Ohh they became independent leaning D's.

Riiiiiight. And who runs around trashing State capitals? setting up "rape tents" on public property and wantonly smashing things and wrecking local small businesses, unprovoked?

do a quick google search on those tea party thugs and compare to the Occupy trustfund st crowd. See how the rap sheets and vandalism charges compare.

i keep asking myself, what happened to reasonable dems? Oh, there aren't any? Oh yea.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 11:39 AM by JMUDunk.)
05-03-2013 10:11 AM
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
They should probably stop funding the US military then since, you know, that's who they're preparing to fight.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:15 AM by AtlanticLeague.)
05-03-2013 10:11 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I highly doubt its going to happen. Sadly I say we're leaning more towards a Civil War than an revolution. Not saying a Civil War will happen either. I think people needs to work together rather than being pissed off about everything. Polarization is scary sh*t tho.
05-03-2013 10:26 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-03-2013 10:26 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I highly doubt its going to happen. Sadly I say we're leaning more towards a Civil War than an revolution. Not saying a Civil War will happen either. I think people needs to work together rather than being pissed off about everything. Polarization is scary sh*t tho.

Come on now, it's just bluster.

With our obesity epidemic, what portion of Americans can run a mile, let alone launch a revolution? A bunch of uneducated tubbies with semi-auto rifles taking on the US military?

Hilarious.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:30 AM by AtlanticLeague.)
05-03-2013 10:29 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-03-2013 10:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It's NUCKING FUTS! You just have to chuckle and hope your not an innocent bystander in a Wal Mart parking when they go postal over someone cutting them off on the highway. I just keep asking myself. What happened to the reasonable Republicans? Ohh they became independent leaning D's.

Yea these kids at Dartmouth sure fit the ultra conservative GOP mold...
05-03-2013 11:02 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-03-2013 10:29 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:26 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I highly doubt its going to happen. Sadly I say we're leaning more towards a Civil War than an revolution. Not saying a Civil War will happen either. I think people needs to work together rather than being pissed off about everything. Polarization is scary sh*t tho.

With our obesity epidemic, what portion of Americans can run a mile, let alone launch a revolution? A bunch of uneducated tubbies with semi-auto rifles taking on the US military?

Hilarious.

Speaking of derailing threds..
05-03-2013 11:04 AM
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-03-2013 11:02 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Yea these kids at Dartmouth sure fit the ultra conservative GOP mold...

What does Dartmouth have to do with anything?
05-03-2013 11:04 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(05-03-2013 09:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Yep...and lots of D's and Liberals were mad during the bush years. So we worked together and got Obama elected...twice.

Then you stopped being mad about the same things when Obama started doing them, because he has a (D) after his name. I guess the underlying message is for everyone to just lower their standards?
05-03-2013 11:06 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators

Hilarious.

Of course its bluster.

However you inadvertently made my point about the 2nd Amendment. Its primary purpose is to allow citizens to form militia's to fight an oppressive government (or an invading army). We're supposed to have the capability to overthrow that oppressive government. And with semi-auto rifles that's impossible to accomplish. I'm not saying the average citizen should own M16's and tanks. Saying that the average citizen should be trained and fully capable of utilizing them to go to war.

With that said, we're not near the point of having an all out tyrannical government. Therefore I don't support any talks of Revolution.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 11:11 AM by ClairtonPanther.)
05-03-2013 11:09 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-03-2013 11:09 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

Hilarious.

Of course its bluster.

However you inadvertently made my point about the 2nd Amendment. Its primary purpose is to allow citizens to form militia's to fight an oppressive government (or an invading army). We're supposed to have the capability to overthrow that oppressive government. And with semi-auto rifles that's impossible to accomplish. I'm not saying the average citizen should own M16's and tanks. Saying that the average citizen should be trained and fully capable of utilizing them to go to war.

With that said, we're not near the point of having an all out tyrannical government. Therefore I don't support any talks of Revolution.

In order to close that gap, would you rather bring the military training and arms down or raise the average civilian up to meet it?
05-03-2013 11:12 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Hilarious.

Which is exactly what the Brits thought about those pioneers across the pond.
05-03-2013 11:26 AM
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-03-2013 11:26 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Hilarious.

Which is exactly what the Brits thought about those pioneers across the pond.

You'd be better off referencing the French revolution. Then again, you'd be better off referencing something less than 200 years old.
05-03-2013 11:31 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(05-03-2013 11:12 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

Hilarious.

Of course its bluster.

In order to close that gap, would you rather bring the military training and arms down or raise the average civilian up to meet it?

The latter of course.
05-03-2013 11:33 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-03-2013 11:33 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

Hilarious.

Of course its bluster.

The latter of course.

F-35s for everybody!
05-03-2013 11:40 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(05-03-2013 11:40 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 11:33 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:29 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Come on now, it's just bluster.

Hilarious.

Of course its bluster.

The latter of course.

F-35s for everybody!

Your reading comprehension sucks. I didn't say the average citizen should own those weapons. Read above in the quotes where I conveniently just bolded that the people should be trained accordingly. Far different than the average citizens owning air planes, tanks, and rocket launchers.
05-03-2013 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.