Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia Southern,A Fans view
Bookmark and Share
rsapp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
Georgia Southern,A Fans view
After several visits to this board,It's very plain to see that we bring the same stigma to the SunBelt as everywhere before,so I'll give those non- Eagle fans a very brief set of reasons for our so called swagger. Georgia Southern surprised a lot of teams in the early years,and yes, there was some luck involved.But those days are gone.Week in and week out, we get the best of the best of every team we play.They take their open week to prepare to play us,and put forth the best effort they will play all year.You will do this also.
In essence we play between 10 and 15 championship games per year,because we get each teams best effort plus the grudge of wanting to defeat Georgia Southern at all cost.So if some of you reading this have defeated us,good job, because you know and we know that was the best game you've ever played.
And for the teams that have never played Us,Good Luck,you may defeat us, but we will realize the tremendous planning and effort you will have put into it.
This is nothing new to us and we welcome the challenge! That is why we have such swagger.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 09:53 PM by rsapp.)
05-02-2013 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sidslidkid Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Georgia Southern,A Fans view
Come on dude... What is the point of this?
05-02-2013 09:55 PM
Korr-upt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(05-02-2013 09:55 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  Come on dude... What is the point of this?

To talk about swagger, do you not read?!
05-02-2013 10:01 PM
rsapp Offline
Water Engineer

(05-02-2013 09:55 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  Come on dude... What is the point of this?

Just a little insight on why we are like we are.Even the app state boy gets it,as bad as he hates to admit it.
05-03-2013 07:01 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
This is the smack board right?

Ready for some insight. You have a losing record vs. the team that joins the Belt the same day you do. We are going to continue to be the thorn in your side and drink your salty tears as you leave God's Country.
05-03-2013 07:16 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
LOL this is just too funny. It's no wonder that Georgia Southern is quickly becoming the most hated team in the Sun Belt.
05-03-2013 07:43 AM
Advertisement

Pike51 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
(05-03-2013 07:43 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  LOL this is just too funny. It's no wonder that Georgia Southern is quickly becoming the most hated team in the Sun Belt.

Why not? We were the most hated team in the SoCon and possibly all of FCS football. Seems to work for us! Kind of like people who hated Tiger Woods when all he did was win, or Alabama right now for the same reasons. Southern fans seems to wear that hate as a badge of honor. I can promise you this though... you come to Statesboro, you'll have a damn good time and will be treated with respect and dignity. Might not be the best gameday experience, but it's pretty good and will only get better after we visit some of the SBC schools who know what they are doing!
05-03-2013 08:13 AM
GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern
(05-03-2013 08:13 AM)Pike51 Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 07:43 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  LOL this is just too funny. It's no wonder that Georgia Southern is quickly becoming the most hated team in the Sun Belt.

PIKE - "Why not? We were the most hated team in the SoCon and possibly all of FCS football. Seems to work for us! Southern fans seem to wear that hate as a badge of honor.

Well Pike, I see that some of the GaSo posters have already endeared themselves with our Sun Belt friends. If you guys hate us now before we've even taken a snap, just wait untill we prove it on the field & we really do deserve to be hated in a respectfull manner, of course.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:48 AM by GSUsTALON.)
05-03-2013 08:46 AM
gseagle Offline
Bench Warmer

i have no doubt these sunbelt teams hated us when they were 1-aa...seems about right for them to continue to hate us now
05-03-2013 12:11 PM
GoApps70 Offline

When we forget and call it the sunbelt and not the Sun Belt, yeah probably irritates them. Many Sun Belt posters have mentioned that to me over the years. It ticked me off a little at first but finally got used to it.
05-04-2013 10:57 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Us Texas State fans don't hate Georgia Southern... We beat them.

However, Georgia Southern does seem to have the largest number of irritating fans. I like some of them that aren't douches, but there seems to be plenty of them that are.
05-04-2013 12:06 PM
Advertisement

rsapp Offline
Water Engineer

(05-04-2013 12:06 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Us Texas State fans don't hate Georgia Southern... We beat them.

However, Georgia Southern does seem to have the largest number of irritating fans. I like some of them that aren't douches, but there seems to be plenty of them that are.

We enjoyed playing your guys all time best effort,and I'm sure when we meet again, it will again be the same.You know you caught us when we were down,it happens,but its just a matter of time until we meet again.You'll take two weeks to prepare,and play the hardest you have ever played,and if you win,so be it.We have come a long way from expecting to crush all opponents,and have learned to accept defeat.We understand that beating Georgia Southern is a milestone for most programs,congratulations guys,it will not be the norm.I'm sorry I irritate a lot of people on these boards,but sometimes the truth is a bitter pill for some to swallow.
05-04-2013 02:10 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

(05-04-2013 02:10 PM)rsapp Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 12:06 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Us Texas State fans don't hate Georgia Southern... We beat them.

We enjoyed playing your guys all time best effort,and I'm sure when we meet again, it will again be the same.You know you caught us when we were down,it happens,but its just a matter of time until we meet again.You'll take two weeks to prepare,and play the hardest you have ever played,and if you win,so be it.We have come a long way from expecting to crush all opponents,and have learned to accept defeat.We understand that beating Georgia Southern is a milestone for most programs,congratulations guys,it will not be the norm.I'm sorry I irritate a lot of people on these boards,but sometimes the truth is a bitter pill for some to swallow.

It's sweet of you to believe that it was our all time best effort.

The truth was... you just weren't that good that year. We were better. It happens. The win against you was special for us because it was in the playoffs. But truth be told the bigger win was against Cal Poly, because it was further into the playoffs. If we hadn't screwed the pooch and won against Northern Iowa, that would have been our special win.

But why would we bother to take two weeks to prepare for you? I hate to break it to you, but you just aren't that important. You'll get the same amount of preparation as every other FBS team on our schedule gets.

I think this is the biggest issue folks have with Georgia Southern: You have this delusion that you are special and that you should be feared. You aren't and you shouldn't. When you reach FBS, you'll be just another team. You'll be the Automatic W for the big teams, and you'll be solid competition against your conference mates. That's all.

To sum up, you aren't anything special. And your incessant chest thumping isn't the truth you are preaching. It's just the annoying gnat flying around people's ears.
05-04-2013 05:01 PM
gseagle Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-04-2013 10:57 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  When we forget and call it the sunbelt and not the Sun Belt, yeah probably irritates them. Many Sun Belt posters have mentioned that to me over the years. It ticked me off a little at first but finally got used to it.

really...you mean there are sunbelt posters that are so overly sensitive that spelling sun belt as "sunbelt" upsets them? if that's the case they can keep their panties in wad for all I care. i guess these same posters are really pissed about the spelling at the top of the page..."SunBeltbbs"
05-04-2013 08:04 PM
SunBelt Watcher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GA Southern
(05-04-2013 05:01 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

It's sweet of you to believe that it was our all time best effort.

The truth was... you just weren't that good that year. We were better. It happens. The win against you was special for us because it was in the playoffs. But truth be told the bigger win was against Cal Poly, because it was further into the playoffs. If we hadn't screwed the pooch and won against Northern Iowa, that would have been our special win.

But why would we bother to take two weeks to prepare for you? I hate to break it to you, but you just aren't that important. You'll get the same amount of preparation as every other FBS team on our schedule gets.

I think this is the biggest issue folks have with Georgia Southern: You have this delusion that you are special and that you should be feared. You aren't and you shouldn't. When you reach FBS, you'll be just another team. You'll be the Automatic W for the big teams, and you'll be solid competition against your conference mates. That's all.

To sum up, you aren't anything special. And your incessant chest thumping isn't the truth you are preaching. It's just the annoying gnat flying around people's ears.

5 paragraphs to show unspecial Georgia Southern is?
05-04-2013 09:21 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

(05-04-2013 09:21 PM)SunBelt Watcher Wrote:  5 paragraphs to show unspecial Georgia Southern is?

You act like that is difficult. Maybe Georgia Southern's academics are geared toward the... special. But for Texas State that equates to about... 2 minutes.
05-04-2013 10:55 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(05-04-2013 08:04 PM)gseagle Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 10:57 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  When we forget and call it the sunbelt and not the Sun Belt, yeah probably irritates them. Many Sun Belt posters have mentioned that to me over the years. It ticked me off a little at first but finally got used to it.

really...you mean there are sunbelt posters that are so overly sensitive that spelling sun belt as "sunbelt" upsets them? if that's the case they can keep their panties in wad for all I care. i guess these same posters are really pissed about the spelling at the top of the page..."SunBeltbbs"

Just as CSNbbs is together, you do not have spaces in internet addresses normally so placement of that is different.
05-05-2013 01:45 AM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(05-04-2013 10:55 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 09:21 PM)SunBelt Watcher Wrote:  5 paragraphs to show unspecial Georgia Southern is?

You act like that is difficult. Maybe Georgia Southern's academics are geared toward the... special. But for Texas State that equates to about... 2 minutes.

Yeah, Texas State had their one "miracle season" where they beat us in a down year and made it the furthest they ever had in the playoffs. Congrats on beating us and making it to the semi-finals once in your history. You should be proud as we are of our 13 semi-final appearances. And I can tell you it gets even better when you make it to the finals as we have done 8 times.

And don't make me bring up that huge SAT gap between Ga Southern and TX St if you are going to bring academics into the discussion.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 09:00 AM by GSU Eagles.)
05-05-2013 08:57 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

(05-05-2013 08:57 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 10:55 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

Yeah, Texas State had their one "miracle season" where they beat us in a down year and made it the furthest they ever had in the playoffs. Congrats on beating us and making it to the semi-finals once in your history. You should be proud as we are of our 13 semi-final appearances. And I can tell you it gets even better when you make it to the finals as we have done 8 times.

And don't make me bring up that huge SAT gap between Ga Southern and TX St if you are going to bring academics into the discussion.

You can bring up anything you want. If your fans think it is difficult or in any way indicates emotion to whip up 5 paragraphs in about two minutes, then your institution has some issues on their hands.

But you are more than welcome to keep on touting how many semi-finals and FCS championships you have made. They are impressive. It's just a shame that as of your announcement, it means absolutely nothing.
05-05-2013 11:04 AM
southgeorgia Offline
Bench Warmer

does opie/walter have a nephew?
05-05-2013 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.