UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Current FN Profile
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Current FN Profile
There's enough team data now to formulate some pretty good opinions about our team and season. Let's take a quick look:

Current RPI: 131
Current SOS: 80

Top 50: 0-3
Top 100: 0-5

100-200: 0-0

200+: 6-1 03-puke

Home: 6-0
Road: 1-4
Neutral: 0-2

What's interesting is that we haven't played anyone in our peer group. It's clear we aren't Top 100 worthy yet, considering we haven't kept it within double digits in any of our losses to these teams. And there is that horrific super-WTF loss.

Other interesting tidbits:

-There are no league opponents in the Top 50 currently. USM (59) and Memphis (96) are the only current Top 100 league opponents. Conference play will be largely games against our peers, with super-WTF worthy opponents Houston (219), Marshall x2 (229), and Rice (321-Kyrie eleison)

-As far as projections go, TCU is expected to remain a super-WTF loss. Other than that, all current losses are against projected Top 75 opponents. In conference play, USM and Mempiss are projected to rise to the Top 50, with UCF in the Top 100. So we get six games to rack up quality wins in league play.

-rpiforecast.com projects the Blazers to finish in an 8-8 logjam for 5th behind USM, Memphis, Tulane and UCF. With UCF ineligible for postseason play, a 4th place league finish is possible. Warrennolan.com projects a very different scenario:

1) USM
2) UTEP
2) Memphis
4) Tulsa
5) ECU
5) UCF
5) Tulane
8) UAB

It's projected to be a close race for the conference title. Each game is huge for us.

Lastly, for us to resurrect the FN Bubble Watch® this year, we will have to turn it on in a major way. As in finishing 13-5 or better down the stretch. The road game at Dayton would be huge to win. But first, we can't afford to lose at home to super-WTF opponent GSU.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 02:04 PM by FNblazer.)
12-31-2012 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Current FN Profile
One other note: it's likely that the CUSA tournament will be set up where teams 1-5 get a first round bye, due to UCF's disqualification. Although the official bracket hasn't been released, it will likely be set up as follows...

Quarterfinals:

1 vs 8/9
2 vs 7/10
3 vs 6/11
4 vs 5

So, if we can finish in the Top 5 we would only have to play 3 games to win the tournament.
12-31-2012 01:56 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
It looks like its going to be anyones conference to win. If we had to have a year to transition, this is the year, there doesnt appear to be a dominate team in the league.
12-31-2012 02:52 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'm thinking I'd be putting that puke emoticon by our Top 50/100... if we have something besides zeroes there we could stand the one loss at 200+ a lot better.
12-31-2012 03:16 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
Northeastern won by 10 at George Mason last night to move up to 188.

100-200: 1-0
01-04-2013 10:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.