Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State all set to join Big West
ollin Offline
1st String

I Root For: BE
Boise State all set to join Big West
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/08...rylink=cpy

Just needs Big West to have a meeting to vote.
08-15-2012 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Boise State all set to join Big West
Quote:The Big East, Kustra said, has played a large role in helping Boise State gain acceptance into the Big West — especially in the days and hours leading up to the Broncos' June 30 deadline for withdrawing from the Mountain West.

Read more here: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/08...rylink=cpy

to me this means that BE schools will be playing some Big West home & homes in basketball
08-15-2012 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fresnostatebulldogfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Fresno State
(08-15-2012 02:37 PM)Derby Wrote:  
Quote:The Big East, Kustra said, has played a large role in helping Boise State gain acceptance into the Big West — especially in the days and hours leading up to the Broncos' June 30 deadline for withdrawing from the Mountain West.

to me this means that BE schools will be playing some Big West home & homes in basketball
Obviously since both SDSU and BSU will be in the BW according to their agreement with BE basketball school will agree to home and home with their schools. So yes BE and BW will be playing games.

What I am wondering is who is going to be the 14th school?? Will it be Fresno State?? Would make sense especially now that BSU to BW is happening... BW will be looking for another California school (12th member).
08-15-2012 02:47 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
what does this mean for the was big sky "agreement"?
08-15-2012 02:48 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
First, I never had any doubt Boise will be in the BW from a while back. I am glad it finally happened. Remember all those rumor mongers who kept writing articles how Boise and SDSU are not coming to the BE? What happened to those guys?

Second, I am all for Fresno as team #14 since I am in CA. I really think Fresno is the best option long term wise. If BYU comes to term, I imagine they will be #14. Our new TV partner will have something to say about this.
08-15-2012 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
14th school is Air Force. Write it down. I don't care what their coach said.
08-15-2012 02:50 PM
Advertisement

k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
It was only a matter of time. It's the Big West's wet dream to have SDSU in the conference.
08-15-2012 02:56 PM
Dimwhit Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
(08-15-2012 02:56 PM)k5james Wrote:  It was only a matter of time. It's the Big West's wet dream to have SDSU in the conference.

Yep, and the Big West isn't going to risk losing SDSU by not inviting BSU. I was never overly worried.
08-15-2012 02:59 PM
k5james Offline
1st String

(08-15-2012 02:59 PM)Dimwhit Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 02:56 PM)k5james Wrote:  It was only a matter of time. It's the Big West's wet dream to have SDSU in the conference.

Yep, and the Big West isn't going to risk losing SDSU by not inviting BSU. I was never overly worried.

Yessir.
08-15-2012 03:00 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame

I wouldn't bet on that. The BE is going to play some home and homes BB with SDSU and Boise, but I highly doubt there is any agreement for BE schools to play anybody else in those little gyms in the BWC.
08-15-2012 03:01 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(08-15-2012 03:01 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I wouldn't bet on that. The BE is going to play some home and homes BB with SDSU and Boise, but I highly doubt there is any agreement for BE schools to play anybody else in those little gyms in the BWC.

could be some neutral site games in there.
08-15-2012 03:03 PM
Advertisement

Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
NEW BIG EAST ALL SPORT SCHOOLS I'M SURE WILL AGREE TO THAT AS WELL
08-15-2012 03:03 PM
BSUTOP25 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Very happy news. Now we Bronco fans can get on with talking about our actually sports programs rather than conference speculation.
08-15-2012 03:17 PM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

I don't bet. 03-lol Especially on my own suppositions. 03-lmfao
08-15-2012 03:32 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-15-2012 03:32 PM)Derby Wrote:  

I don't bet. 03-lol Especially on my own suppositions. 03-lmfao
03-lmfao Yeah, I know. And if you saw a pic of some of those gyms, you might change your supposition. I can see us giving the BWC some road games, though. Or 2 road games for one neutral game, perhaps.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 03:39 PM by TripleA.)
08-15-2012 03:39 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
Another piece falls into place. I feel like the plan is coming together here? UGH there's some disaster lurking around the corner. Like DeLoss having a change of heart on Louisville. I REFUSE TO BE OPTIMISTIC.
08-15-2012 03:44 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-15-2012 03:44 PM)justinslot Wrote:  Another piece falls into place. I feel like the plan is coming together here? UGH there's some disaster lurking around the corner. Like DeLoss having a change of heart on Louisville. I REFUSE TO BE OPTIMISTIC.
03-lmfao You have to admit, this has been a TERRIBLE WEEK for Big East pessimists.
08-15-2012 03:55 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
i say it's all welcome news. This has been the best news week in many years for the BE. I hope the great news keeps on rolling in. 04-cheers
08-15-2012 04:05 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(08-15-2012 02:50 PM)mlb Wrote:  14th school is Air Force. Write it down. I don't care what their coach said.

Agreed. As long as Air Force can get a suitable home for non-football sports (IMHO, the WCC is the optimal target), then I see them as next in line.
08-15-2012 04:23 PM
monty Offline

thank god it's (hopefully) over.
08-15-2012 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.